ARJO-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Stock Market

Company Shares Price Week One Price Week 24 Total Price Week One Total Price Week 24 Gains/Losses

Apple Inc. 6 $309.00 $350.70 $1,854.00 $2,104.20 $250.20
Walmart 76 $54.00 $53.58 $4,104.00 $4,072.08 -$31.92
eBay 134 $30.04 $31.95 $4,025.36 $4,281.30 $255.94

Total: $393.04 $436.23 $9,983.36 $10,457.58 $474.22

A spreadsheet is used to make a graph or a chart. It helps make difficult problems easier. You don't need a calculator to do it either you can put in a formula and it will put the answer there and do the math for you. I used it to check how much money I was losing or gaining in our pretend stocks. We had $10,000 to buy stocks, I got Apple (AAPL), Wal-Mart (WMT), and eBay (EBAY). I am losing just over $1,000. I learned how to put boarders on it, add in color, put in formulas so it did the math for me. How to set up a correct formation of a chart. I even learned what stocks were during learning how to use a spreadsheet.

In Language Arts, we did plot diagrams on the sci-fi books we were reading for our sci-fi unit. The plot diagram shows exposition, inciting incident, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution, denouement.

In our science class decided to do something that no one has ever done, and that was to make an Antarctica flag. Antarctica doesn't have a flag because not country owns it there was a truce between some of the countries in the world to protect it. I drew my flag this way because it would be the best way to fit the things I wanted to put on it. The penguins on it are from Antarctica thats why I put them on it. The snowflake is on it to show there is snow on it but it gets less precipitation than the Sahara desert, so it is a giant desert. I put a map of Antarctica on it because it shows how big it is and the shape of it too.

What do I do before a snow storm, well I hope there will be a snow day if the snow storm is on a week day. Before a snow storm it sounds windy and it feels very cold because if it wasn't cold it would rain and all the snow we had at first would melt. It makes me feel excited to see it fall and accumulate on the ground. The sky is gray just like when it rains. On the news channel and at the bottom of the screen it tells me if my school is open or closed. If it is I don't have school it is a snow day because the roads are to dangerous to get us to school.

What do I do during the storm? During the storm I call some friends to see if they want to hang out to play in the snow. When we are playing in the snow it feels cold, the snow hits you on the face it tickles a little bit, and it is very soft and light. It is bright white when it is falling when it is on the roads it turns brown and wet. It doesn't really smell like anything. The clothes you need to wear to play in the snow is a hat that covers your ears, a worm jacket, gloves/mittens to keep your hands worm, snow pants pants that are water prof and insulated, and you will need boots to keep your feet dry and worm. Most of the time I use the same snow stuff all of the time, it doesn't vary depending on the snow.

Two of the things I do when I am playing in the snow I make a snow fort and snow men. A snow fort is just like a regular fort but made of snow. A snow man is three big snow balls on top of each other the bottom one is the biggest then the middle is a bit smaller and the top snow ball is the smallest out of the three. You make the face with a carrot and some rocks. The carrot is the nose and the rocks are the eyes and mouth. You put a top hat on the head and a broom to hold in its stick arms.

After the snow storm I have to shovel all of the snow out of the way of our garage. So my mom can get to work without getting stuck in the driveway. I some times have a snow ball fight with my friends and my sister but the snow isn't always the best type it has to be wet so it will stick together better and not fall apart when I throw it in my sisters face. A snow ball is kind of like a snow cone but softer. That is what I do before, during, and after a snow storm. That is the end of my little description of a snow storm too.

Assignment:

Podcast URL:

name=podcast

value=''>

cellpadding='5'

cellspacing='0'

bgcolor='#cccccc'

style='margin: 5px;'>

Feature To Entry on Front page of CB:

name='publish_featured'

value='1'

class='tinytext'

>

Make Teacher Comments: