AJJA

by teacher: Rye Alumni

" alt="" />What i did this year.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jalden/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png" target="_blank">file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jalden/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png" alt="" />

Stock Market Spread sheet
Company Shares Price Price Total cost of shares

Gains (loss)

Week 1 Week 24 Week 1 Week 24

Weyerhaeuser Co. 228 $17.73 $22.63 $4,042.44 $5,159.64 $1,117.20
Nike Inc. 46 $82.33 $80.19 $3,787.18 $3,688.74 -$98.44
Hydrogenics Corp. 525 $3.81 $4.88 $2,000.25 $2,562.00 $561.75

Total gains/loss $1,580.51

Stock Market Project Essay

Have you ever heard someone talking about investing or how the stock market is doing, and not know what they were talking about? In this stock market report I will hopefully help clear up some of your confusion. The stock market can be very confusing, but you can figure it out rather quickly, I learned about the stock market in less than a week My report will tell you about companies I invested in, and give you advice when investing

In math class we did a project on the stock market and investing. For the project we had to pretend to invest in 3 stocks with a limit of spending 10000 dollars and kept track of how the stock did over the course of 24 weeks. The three companies I chose were Nike, Weyerhauser Company, and Hydrogenics Corporation. I chose to invest in Nike because I like sports, it is one of, if not, the most popular sports companies throughout the world, I also know that over the years Nike has been a very successful company. Weyerhauser was a company I came across while I was doing research; I decided to invest in it because it is a lumber export company. There has been a need for lumber and building supplies throughout the world, especially now with all of the natural disasters in places like Haiti and Japan. Hydrogenics Corporation is a company that manufactures hydrogen generation products. The reason I invested in this company was because it is a renewable energy resource, and with the rising price of gas and pollution issues there is a lot of people interested in renewable energy. So, as you can see I had a reason to invest in each company, as you should in real world investing.

If I could do this project again I would change some things, but keep others the same. One thing I would have liked to have done is not invest in Nike. Nike is a great company, but just because you like something or know what the company is doesn’t mean you should invest in it. That is not always the case, but if I were to do this again I wouldn’t invest in Nike. Next time I do something like this I would definitely do more research on companies because in a couple cases I had no Idea what the company was or what it did. For example, at first I thought Hydrogenics Corporation was a hydroelectric power company, I thought they used water turbines and dams, but then I did some research and found I out I had guessed wrong. Another thing I wouldn’t do next time around is invest in expensive companies, but rather invest in what they call “penny stocks”. If you find a company where 1 share is around one dollar you could buy 1000 shares for 1000 dollars, but if you were to invest that same amount of money in a stock the was 100 dollars per share then you could only buy 10 shares for the same amount of money. I guess I would change more of the things I did than keep them the same.

This project was fun and an eye opening experience and it has taught me a lot about investing, so here is the advice I would give you if you were to do something like this. First, you should look at the history of the company, how has it done in the past, when has it done well, when has it done bad, etc. Second, visit financial websites to research a stock you are interested in, this will help you get an idea of what the company does. Lastly, try to find a good “penny stock” to invest in, it is good to be able to buy a large amount of shares for a cheap price. That is all the advice I have for you, so good luck in the stock market.

So, as you have read the stock market can be a risky business, if you play the cards right you can make a large profit, or the market can crash and you can lose a lot of money. Hopefully my advice will help you make money and not lose money. It is probably not the best idea to invest in the companies I did, but maybe they will give you ideas of other companies to invest in. good luck in the stock market!

Since Antarctica doesn't have a flag it was our job as students to design a flag for Antarctica, this is my flag. The light blue on my flag represents the color of the ice, and the dark blue represents the color of the ocean water. In Antarctica there is a place called the dry valleys that is what the brown on my flag is showing. The yellow stripes show the sunlight because during the summer in Antarctica the sun is always up. I drew a penguin because they are the most common animal in Antarctica. The snowflake is there because in Antarctica there is almost always snow on the ground and it snows a lot. White stripes just show how white Antarctica is.

I feel a lot of things when a snow storm is on its way. When I breathe in it is very cold and sometimes painful. I get excited because it means we might not have school. The sky looks gray and stormy, you can tell snow is on its way. I hear the weather people talking about the snowstorm and to stay inside if possible, of course kids don’t listen them because who wouldn't want to go inside and play in the snow.

During a snow storm I am outside all the time. The snow is is like a giant beach of white fluffy sand, but the sand is cold. You can eat the snow and it tastes like an ice cold glass of water. I go sledding, which is sliding down a snowy hill on a surf board type thing. You can feel the cold wind blowing in your face and the icy ground running under your gloves. It is a big rush, but when you get to the bottom you have to climb all the way up the hill. Another thing I like to do in snow storms is climb up onto my roof and jump off of it into the snow. You might be thinking that I’m insane, but the snow makes the landing soft like you're jumping into a pile of pillows, it is very fun. The longest it has ever snowed for is 2-3 days, sometimes the power goes out and it is extremely cold in the house. When you are outside in the snow you need to wear a warm jacket, snow pants, a hat, gloves, and boots.

After a snowstorm I feel sad. I hear the snowplows on the street plowing away all of the snow and know that the next day I have to go back to school. The way they plow the snow is by attaching a plow to the front of a truck and then driving the truck through the snow and pushing the snow to the side of the road, this allows cars to drive on the roads. The snow plows also make huge snowbanks that are fun to climb and play on. I love winter because you can do just about anything with snow.

The Hammock

At my vacation house in Maine there is a hammock on a ledge. When I am in it I feel very peaceful and relaxed. I can see the sparkling ocean, and boats gracefully gliding across the shiny surface. I hear the smaller children playing on the beach and the loud diesel engines of bustling lobster boats. Smells, I smell the pine trees that surround me, and the wonderful, yet kind of gross, smell of the ocean and the things that surround it. I can feel the rough rope of the hammock on my legs and head. These are all of the things I love because I know they mean it”s summer.

The Hammock

At my vacation house in Maine there is a hammock on a ledge. When I am in it I feel very peaceful and relaxed. I can see the sparkling ocean, and boats gracefully gliding across the shiny surface. I hear the smaller children playing on the beach and the loud diesel engines of bustling lobster boats. Smells, I smell the pine trees that surround me, and the wonderful, yet kind of gross, smell of the ocean and the things that surround it. I can feel the rough rope of the hammock on my legs and head. These are all of the things I love because I know they mean it”s summer

Going sky Diving

I have always wanted to go skydiving.

Taking that one risky leap could be the end.

But feeling the wind rush past as you float down to earth with nothing on your back but a parachute.

Now it's time to pull the chute, i give it a hard yank. . . nothing happens. . . I pull hard again but it;s to late I am falling to the ground.

Now I am falling knowing I won't see tomorrow.

But I don't hit the ground.

Luckily it was only a dream.