Copyright (c) 2014 by Laura Knox Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Laura Knox -- Blogmeister

Kinderblog!-

Ms. Knox's Kindergartners

Welcome to our Kindergarten Class Blog! The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for kindergartners to publish some of their work, and to allow them to communicate with others in a way that is meaningful and valuable. You will find a variety of writing projects, computer projects, responses to books we've read, and photographs of our experiences. Please support these young students by posting encouraging comments. Students’ individual blog pages can be accessed by clicking on "Kindergarten 2011-12" on the right side of this page, and then on students' initials. To post a comment of your own, click on the word "comment" below an article or posting. Thank you for visiting our blog!

by Laura Knox

Starfall.com
Spelling City
Funbrain
PBS Kids
Portrait Illustration Maker
Unique
NIE Rocks! Sue Lindlauf- Newspapers in Education
Awesome Authors- Ms.Knox's Summer School Class Blog
Benettonplay Flipbooks
Wordle

We are learning about isopods as part of our science curriculum. We've enjoyed observing and interacting with our sow bugs and pill bugs which, the kids will proudly tell you, are members of the crustacean family. The slideshow below is a collection of photos and audio recordings from some of the time we've spent observing these little creatures.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 05:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

We've been talking about what reading and writing would be like without adjectives and adverbs, to create pictures in the minds of readers. Without these special words, the kids could not have described the wonderful monsters they created with the Kid Pix Deluxe program. Please check out these monsters and the kids' descriptions on their individual pages!

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 08:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 61

We combined our literary, science, and social studies activities to study Antarctica and the penguins of the Southern Hemisphere. The kids made pictures using the Kid Pix Deluxe program. They are proud to share some of the facts they learned in the Little Bird Tales video below! After watching the video, you can return to our blog by using the "back button" on your browser.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 08:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 196

We recently celebrated our 100th day of school. The kids shared their thoughts on what they would do with 100 dollars, in a writing project. They drew pictures and completed the prompt, "If I had 100 dollars, I would", using phonetic spelling and our sight word wall. The texts of these projects have been posted on the kids' blog pages.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 08:08 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 75

The kindergarten classes were responsible for presenting our school's pillar of character for the month of January; Trustworthiness. The kids worked very hard to learn a special song with actions. Enjoy!

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 07:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

We read Snowmen at Night, a delightful story by Caralyn Buehner and Mark Buehner. The kids made their own snow people, using a mixture of shaving cream and glue, and they created stories of their nighttime adventures. They drew storyboards to sequence the events, and then narrated their stories. On the kids' individual blog pages, you will find video clips of their artwork, along with audio recordings of their stories.

Article posted February 23, 2012 at 07:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 139

We read several versions of Stone Soup, a folktale about a village of peasants who were tricked into sharing their food with hungry travelers, and as a result, with each other. We discussed what the peasants gained from sharing. Their friendships became stronger, and they realized how much fun it was to help each other. We had our own wonderful celebration of friendship, which included making and sharing Stone Soup. Please enjoy our slideshow!

Article posted February 21, 2012 at 05:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

Kindergarten 2010-11
Kindergarten 2011-12