Copyright (c) 2014 by Michael Cunliffe Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Room 1's Brilliantly Bold Blog-

Welcome to Room 1, 2011. There are many wonderful exciting action packed activities that we are going to be involved in this year. Be part of this magical journey by viewing our blog and be inspired for greater things...

by Michael Cunliffe

Tutpup
Delicious
Room 3
Room 2
Room 4
Go Animate
Sum Dog
My Portaportal
Comphy Womphy Belinda, Isla, Regan and Reuben
Dragons Den - Maisie, Quinn, Jessica, Keiran- Glove Jandle Clapper
Honking Flag - Max, Lewis, Emma and Robbie
B.A.K.E Kazooball Survey
Rugby World Cup the Handy Hat!
Alexia, Jemma and Bella/ soundy softy flag

Article posted August 31, 2011 at 06:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 2171

Room 1 are currently exploring the process of technology through the concept of Dragon's Den.

We would be grateful if you could take the time to read our aim and complete surveys in the 'Related Links'.

The Dragon's Den are on the look out for a new and unique product that supporters will be eager to purchase and use to support their national rugby team in the up and coming World Cup. The students' product will need to show influences of kiwiana. The Dragon’s Den members require them to put together a proposal that will include research, figures, their final design, a prototype and packaging for their product.

We have currently formed groups and designed a product and need your help to make changes to it before we face the Dragon's! Please fill out the 6 survey's on the side bar to the left! We need this completed by 2nd September!

Article posted April 9, 2011 at 09:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 135

Room 1 had an amazing day in week 8 where they dressed up in 'Wacky Green' and completed the annual Run-Bike-Run event. Everyone showed up in GREAT spirit and made it to the end with huge smiles on their faces. Check out the action!

Room 1 has just finished a magical science unit where they had learnt the art of making experiments fair. They had to plan their experiments using their knowledge of the hypothesis, control variables, independent variables and dependent variables. These photos show some of the experiments in action...

Article posted March 15, 2011 at 04:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

Room 1 has just begun a science unit that is going to get them testing and experimenting with the world as we know it. Their first challenge was to test the theory "Do structures get weaker the taller they get?" Have a look at the newspaper structures that were built to test this theory.

Article posted March 13, 2011 at 07:59 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

In week 3 this year Room 1 put together a mind blowing community item. They based their production on famous inventions and inventors. It was extremely funny and a lot of fun!!

Article posted February 20, 2011 at 05:05 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 73

Welcome to Room 1, 2011. There are many wonderful exciting action packed activities that we are going to be involved in this year. Be part of this magical journey by viewing our blog and be inspired for greater things.

Room 1 has just returned from the ultimate experience. They ventured out to Lake Whakamaru Camp where their outdoor senses were awoken. No one said it was going to be easy but the blood, sweat and tears were all worth it. With abseiling, go-karts, archery, rifles, dingies, kayaks, bmxing, rock climbing and the awesome flying fox, the action was never far away. Chuck the ropes course, the crazy burma trail and a night game of Tellyhoe and you have recipe for an unbelievable life experience. At the end of the action packed three days there were a lot of tired satisfied souls.

It was a great experience that I was glad to be part off!!

Thanks to all those parent helpers that made it possible!

Article posted November 11, 2010 at 03:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

After that exciting experiment involving the Jelly, room 1 decided they wanted to know a little more about our kitchen ingredients. I am not sure they were prepared for what happened next...

Room 1 over the last week have been exploring the world of mixtures and substances. The class got to explore what happens to Jelly when we don't follow the instructions... Have you ever seen Jelly that has been put in the freezer instead of the fridge? What about Jelly that you accidently left on the bench? Well room 1 found out the answers, and boy were they suprised. Check out the photos of our budding scientists!!

Article posted August 12, 2010 at 05:58 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

Room 1 went to the Science Roadshow to see a little chemistry... They were in for a bit of a suprise. Loads of fun, a lot of hands on stuff, and plenty to get excited about! There was a lot there to keep them interested and they even learnt a few things too - who ever would have known that that you can spin a glass of water around without spilling a drop... Enjoy the photos!

Room 1 2010
Room 1 2011
Room 1, 2009