Article posted July 1, 2010 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 145

In class we have been learning about debates. We are starting a debate over boring books. We have four teams for the 'get rid of it side' and four for the 'keep it side'. We have looked at the books and we're starting our debate notes.

Article posted May 10, 2010 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 136

For our in inquiry this term were learning about pests. My pest is the mouse, it is a pest because it chews on a lot of things. One of the things it chews on is power cables, it is bad it does this because it endangers itself and people around it. The dangers are fires and electric shocks.

Last week all of my class had a challenge. We had to pick a scene from Fantastic Mr Fox and make it in strong cardboard tube, I chose the scene when Mr Fox sneaks under Boggis chicken house. I was one of the seven finalists. One of my friends Lian was the winner. She won a book called The Twits.

For our inquiry topic we have been focusing on Fantastic Mr Fox. One of the things we been making is a stitched picture. My picture is the night when they start digging out the foxes with their diggers. I am up to stitching all of my pieces down.

This term our whole school has been training for cross country. Every morning we run around our school field to help us get fit so we will be able to run the best we can and finish the difficult course. Soon we will compete in our actual cross country.

Last Monday morning all of the year five and sixes met outside our school church ready to go to camp. Everyone piled into the cars with their gear. Once we were all ready we started towards camp. When we were all at camp we found our cabins and got ready for our great activities. The best activities were flying kiwi, archery and kayaking. After an action packed camp all of us were really tired. I couldn't have had a better camp experience.

Article posted March 16, 2010 at 01:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 71

For our inquiry we have been learning about survival. My group and I have been creating a 3-D model of a tree and under ground to show what you could find that would be safe to eat. So far we have made out under ground piece and the trunk of our tree. We still have to make the top half of our tree and the pictures to show what the safe things look like so the descriptions don't get confusing. Our inquiry topic has been really great. Some of the things I have learnt will definitely help me when our class go's to camp next week, at Raukawa Falls, it is going to be great.

At school we some swimming sports.Everyone got to choose some different races with different swimming styles. There were heaps to choose from, there were even some fun races like horse and jockey and a pajama race. I competed in freestyle, flutterboard kick and the two fun races. It was quite cold and there were a lot of mosquitoes. I had a fantastic time though, swimming sports were great.