Copyright (c) 2014 by MD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MD -- Blogmeister

mds blog

Red Group

by MD

teacher: Elise Mueller

Title: Book Recommendations (01/08/10)

Wow! Lots of great thinking and sharing of books but the writing, oh the writing! If it looks rough it is...because we have posted our rough drafts. As we learn about what makes a good book review we are also learning to revise and edit our work. Look for comments that help our writers improve their craft. Feel free to help out by posting a comment with compliments and suggestions.

10 Ways to Make My Sister Disappear

10 Ways to make my sister disappear is a wonderful book, full of fun. And I recommend this book to anyone, young or old. The basic moral of the story is, the thing you hate most, ends up being the thing you need most

Sprig has a strong opinion that her older sister, Dakota, is no picnic to live with, and her dad being away isn’t helping at all. But soon enough, Sprig finds out that her sister is one she really needs.

Skullduggery Pleasant

Yellow Star

The Lightning Thief

The Alchemist

The Mysterious Benedict Society

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat

The Lightning Thief is a really good book about a boy (Perseus Jackson) who has ADHD, Dyslexia and is about to be kicked out of boarding school (again) when summer break rolls around Percy and his mother go their run-down beach house on long island, when on one stormy night Percy’s best friend Grover shows up, and both Grover and Percy’s mother start acting strange. All three of them pack up into the car and drive to a summer camp. While they are getting over the camp boundaries they are attacked by…. Well I won’t tell you but at the camp Percy learns the Greek mythology is real; the monsters, gods, heroes, titans and that mount Olympus is on the 600th floor of the empire state building. I really liked this book and I suggest that you read the rest of the series by Rick Riordan the second book is The Sea of Monsters

1. Guardians of Ga’hoole series

2. The Invention of Hugo Cabret

3. The Star of Kazan

4. The Candy Shop War

5. Holes

6. Love That Dog

7. Hate That Cat

Tintin all of the Tintin series!

The Seems a glitch in sleep

I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President

The Mysterious Benedict Society

LOONDON EYE MYSTERY

Ripley’s Believe it or Not

Love That Dog

Freddy in Peril

Rule the School

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1, 2 and 3

Baseball’s Most Wanted ĪĪ

I’d highly recommend the following books:

The Warriors Series (By Erin Hunter)

The Septimus Heap Series (By Angie Sage)

The Mysterious Benedict Society (By Trenton Lee Stewart)

The Artemis Fowl Series (By Eoin Colfer)

The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series (By Rick Riordan)

Actually, it’s Trial By Jury, but jury is crossed out and journal is written in. This book is about a kid that gets called for jury duty, and keeps a journal in the time that she is in court. I think the genre is sort of Realistic Fiction/mystery.

Diary of a wimpy kid  

I love the book because it is really funny it has comments and jokes. It also entertains me I also love the book because it has funny charters.

The portables will love this.

There are 217 pages and the mane charter is really funny I love the mane in the charter.      

All of Jeff Kenny was born in 1971in Maryland.

I love this book it is so awesome you all should read this book I love and you are to so you should read it

Diary of a wimpy kid dog day by Jeff Kinney

Dear blog readers I am coocoo for Diary of a wimpy kid dog day it’s the funniest book ever my favorite quote is we cut your grass but we don’t dog poo. This summer Greg Heffley his hobby for summer vacation is to sit inside play video games but his mom wants his summer vacation outside. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun exciding book!

My book is called The MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY the characters are Reynie, Sticky, Kate and Constance, they are The MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY (T.M.B.S). They have to save the WORLD! And to do that they need to go to The Learning Institute for The Very Enlightened to stop Mr. Curtain, to do that they have to get in to the computer room and destroy the whisperer. To become the T.M.B.S they need to go through a series of tests, like a test with normal questions like “do you like T.V” or “do you listen to the radio”. The second test is another test you have to fill out only harder questions like “the territories of the Naxcivan Autonomous Republic and the Nagorno-Karabakh region are disputed by what two countries?” Hard right? Well Reynie finds a loop hole. The third test is a maze and yes it also has a loop hole, but what the children have to do is go through a maze and all the rooms look exactly the same and do it the shortest amount of time possible, but there is a little panel which will have the answer to Reynie’s problem, to be more specific the yellow squiggly arrow will solve is problem. Okay let’s get the overview on Sticky first of all Sticky is not his real name it is really George Washington, but everyone calls him Sticky because the information sticks to him that’s why he ran away, see one day his mom asked why it rained so Sticky answered with a very sophisticated reason stunned his mom waited for his dad then his mom made him repeat it to his dad then after that everything went downhill, his parents kept entering him in contests and he kept winning , then he hid and his parents thought he got lost so they looked for him, but someone gave money to help find him then more people kept giving money and he ran away from his very rich parents for real this time. Can you see this paragraph it is huge maybe I should stop writing, BYE.

The Mysterious Benedict Society is an exciting adventure fiction book, written by Trenton Lee Stewart.

The characters Reynie, Kate, Sticky and Constance go on a rip roaring adventure with surprise twists and gut wrenching thrills, to defeat Leadroptha Curtain (Lee-drop-the-curtain)and free the helpers of Nomansan island.

To do that they need the help from Mr. Benedict, number two, Rohda and millagain, will they stop Mr. Curtain? Will they free the helpers? Well read the book.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days by: C.F.

Dear blog readers I would love to tell you about diary of a wimpy kid dog days it’s a good book to read if you’re looking for a funny book this is the one. Quote Greg Hefley loves to stay inside in the summer and play video games instead of going outside.

He started this loan company to pay off the 83$ dollars Greg and Rowley owe Rowley’s Dad. So then they start a loan company then they don’t get paid anything because they didn’t any work so they don’t get paid anything. And enough’s Freegly loves to miss Greg up when he’s trying to impress holly hills. I would recommend it to people that like to go kuku for funny stories. That’s why I recommend it. I also love it because Greg always gets into trouble that’s why I recommend this book by bloggers thanks for reading my book report.

The end 1/27/10

No Talking 1/28/10

“No Talking” is a very good, exciting, event-filled book written by Andrew Clements.

There is a contest going on between 5th grade boys, and 5th grade girls. Leaders Dave and Lynsy, also have a private contest between themselves too.

There are many challenges along the way. Some are solved in extremely interesting ways, and some aren’t solved at all.

I recommend this book to anyone who desperately needs a really great book!

My review Of Diary Of a Wimpy Kid.

I have to say this is a good book. They are always funny and have a bit of a twist at the end. Plus the things he does are pretty like most of the other funny stuff he does is try to impress a girl with wacky things like in the second book of the series he tried to ask a girl to skate with him at the roller rink.[If you read the books then you will know what I mean.]

The only problem is that once you read them you read them they are not really much after that. The joke is over and they aren’t exactly as funny I mean sometimes you can get another laugh out of them again but for me not much.And yes I do recommend this book to anyone that has a sense of realistic humor

This week I am reading the Lightning Thief! One of the words I came across was "squalls" it means a sudden gust of violent wind. "One of the current events we studied in social studies class was the unusual number of small planes that had gone down in sudden squalls that year.

The Lightning Thief was recommended to me and I recommend it to you!

The Tail of Emily Windsnap

I loved this book because it has a happy ending. The thing I really enjoyed about this book was the underwater world. In my mind it’s amazingly beautiful. “A ceiling of amber a pavement of pearl.”

One reason I didn’t like this book was because they told Emily’s secret in the prologue, personally I would have liked them to wait until it was an actual part of the story. So if you’re a person who likes to figure stuff out during the book then this isn’t the book for you.

Liz Kessler (the author) grew up in Southport, northwest of England. She has one brother and one sister and was born in 1966.

This a fabulous book at times it made me jumpy and at other times it made me sad and happy.

This week I am reading Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett. So far so good! For how far I’ve gotten, there isn’t much to tell. Three kids get letters from a mysterious person asking them to help solve a century’s old mystery. Will they accept?  

Yellow Star

“In 1939 the Germans invaded Lodz, Poland’. And it is about the little girl that was forced to live in the ghetto with all the other Jews in Lodz, Poland. “In 1945 the war ended only about 800 people walked out of the ghetto. Of those who survived only 12 of them were Children. I was one of 12”.

Yellow star is a book by Jenifer Roy it is from a little girl’s point of view of World War II.

I loved this book because it really painted a picture in my head I could really see the Characters in my mined and I tried to imagine how they felt. I also liked it because it was sad and it got happy at the end. I also liked it because it was from an amazing little girls point of view. I could have never gone through the stuff she did and it just amazed me how much she did go through.

1. Fablehaven

2. Deep and Dark and Dangerous

3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (the whole series)

4. It Only Looks Easey

5. Rules

Deep And Dark And Dangerous

I’m going to tell you the truth about this story. It start’s like this…

Thirteen year old Ali spends the summer at Sycamore Lake with her aunt (Dulcie) and her cousin (Emma) she goes to babysit Emma and bad things start to happen! What will happen next? Read the story and find out!

I really enjoyed this story it was creepy! Here is a scary quote from the book

I’m watching you tell the truth or else!!! I recommend this book to anyone it’s easy to read and a good ghost story!!!

Yesterday my mom and I went to our book club's meeting. The book we were talking about was The Mysterious Benedict Society, (it is my new favorite book and is also a Young Reader's Choice book). The first thing we did was get to know each other by finding people who fit descriptions about books and write their names down on the description sheet. Some of the descriptions were like "did you stay up late reading last night?". The next thing we did was get in three groups and talk about the book, (getting ideas of what to talk about from a guide line sheet). Then, we heard about the next book we would be reading. It is called A Long Way From Chicago. It looks like a good book!

Brendan Buckley’s Universe is one of my favorite books! I highly recommend it to any rock hound or anyone who wants a really good book! Brendan Buckley wants to start a rock collection because he is a scientist and he wants to study them. He was exploring his past when he realized he had never met nor talked about one of his grandpa’s. This is a story about how he finds his WHITE grandpa and brings his family back together, I take that back, can he?, because he is black. Brendan’s grandpa and him go on secret adventures that have to do with rocks.

I love this action & emotion-filled book because there were a lot of very, very suspenseful parts, it has a lot of facts about rocks and it proves that white and black people are no different, although it does have some racism that becomes none. This wonderful book by Sundee Frazier is realistic fiction and is a 2009/2010 Sasquatch book. You should read it

Click for more information on this titleThe Mysterious Benedict Society is a good book for people that like one mystery after another. If you can figure out whats going to happen next you are smarter than me.