Copyright (c) 2014 by AB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AB -- Blogmeister

AB's Blog

Red Group

by AB

teacher: Elise Mueller

Popcorn’s Diary 03/31/10
Color's 03/30/10
Facts About Me 01/12/10

Title: Science Fair (03/12/10)
Description: Share your thoughts and what you learned at the science Fair!

I learned that that when I had the solar panel and the battery connected it would drain the batteries energy. I also learned that a hover craft can only go on flat surfaces.

This year at the Larrabee Science Fair I learned that . . . .

Diet Coke has so much acidity and sugar to erode your teeth over a short period of time (5 days) think about drinking it all your life! (Ahh the dentist) .The person that did the experiment took two of his teeth (that had already fallen out) and put them in a bottle of coke for 1 hour, 5 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days and 5 days .They took pictures of what the teeth looked like at the different times. At five days the tooth looked decidedly a rotten shade of burnt gold.

Another project I liked was where someone put blue, red, and purple dye into three different containers with the same amount of water and put two Carnations into each of the containers of water. The flowers defiantly absorbed some of the dye but there was still water with dye not absorbed. I was wondering if any other type of flower can absorb blue, red, and purple dye, what about any other color of dye?

I learned that a hover craft can only go on flat surfaces. And some crafts can fly up to 20 ft. I wonder if they have invented hover craft's that can go over bumpy surfaces like really rocky places.

Yesterday when I went to the science fair I saw a project that really stood out. The project was a research project about tide pools. She made a diagram of a bird’s eye view of a tide pool, and it had 23 plants and animals together! I learned so much about tide pools!

The science fair was really fun! There was an experiment about what soap works best. And stuff about Mars. I did a project called, “Where does the sun get its energy?” (It makes it.) By pushing a hydrogen + hydrogen fused together with heat and pressure=helium! I also gave out balloons, and candy, (equals fusion.)

I learned at the Science Fair in AB’s project that there are lots of different kinds of Tide Pools and lots of creatures that live in them. AB’s project described lots of different sea life and how they adapted to the Tide Pools. One of the sea creatures that live in Tide Pools are often crabs, sea cucumber, and small fish. Those are the things I learned from the Science Fair.

SCIENCE FAIR

This year at the Larrabee School Science Fair there were a couple projects that were the most interesting to me.

One project was about how the Carnation flower could change the color of its pedals. To make its pedals change color, they added colored dye to the water they put in the vase of the Carnations. The Carnation pedals in the vase with purple dye had a tint of purple but the pedals had definitely changed color. There was also the color pedals blue and red. When I was looking at this project I was wondering are there other plants that can do the same thing that the Carnation can do?!

Another project that I saw was one about how Diet Coke has so much acidity that it can actually disintegrate your teeth over a short time!! This person put two teeth in a bottle of Coke for 1 hour, 5 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days and finally 5 days. Then they took pictures of what the teeth looked like over the different periods of time. When I looked at the fifth day, I was so glad that wasn’t my tooth!

I was at the Science Fair for a short time, so I didn’t really get to see many posters. The ones I did see were the illusion poster and one about how different solutions affect sprouting in plants. The one illusion I thought was the most interesting was the one with all those circles, and if you moved your eyes around it looks like they’re spinning. I didn’t really get to read the one about how the different solutions affect sprouting in plants, though.

LB made a project on LCD screens and white is more efficient than black!

I learned about solar energy and how it works. I learned that the suns light and other light that goes into the solar panel turns into electricity.

I learned how a solar car works. It was so fun to make the solar car. We made it with metal beams and a solar panel. No questions, I hope that you will like it.

CA had a very interesting Science Fair project about pulleys. His hypothesis was that a larger pulley could carry more weight, and he was correct!

I thought that the Science Fair was lots of fun and very interesting. I made a project about how different solutions affect sprouting in plants. I learned that water was the best thing to water your plants with and then milk was really close. I thought sugar water would do the best but it didn't.

I learned all sort of things at the science fair, like the chemical formula for vitamin C and about where rock hounds go in the United States. I'm so glad I went!

Thursday was the science fair. I went and learned the following 4 random facts:

1. Crocodiles have 75 teeth

2. Corn isn’t a fruit, it’s a grass

3. A adult male orca whale’s dorsal fin can be 6 feet tall

4. Goats have rectangular pupils

All the science fair experiments were really cool. I think the thing about crocodiles (where I learned that crocodiles have 75 teeth) was really interesting. I also liked the one about goats. I seem to be drawn to the experiments about animals.

I didn’t go inside the gym very much and I only saw a couple of posters. One of the posters I saw was “do seeds grow better under soil or on top?”. Only two of the three types of seeds (peas, corn, and pumpkin) grew on top. They were the peas and pumpkin. The pumpkin grew about a centimeter tall and the peas grew about 6 inches tall! The sad thing is, the corn died on top. All the seed types grew when they were under the soil. The whole poster was made by Joe and Taiga!

So technically I did go but at the same time I did not because I went as a class and no one was at their poster and nothing seemed that interesting to me. But one was interesting to me it was illusions or something. That one was pretty cool but other than that I did not like the science fair. In the illusions there are two balls and it asked which one is bigger but one was but one was shrunken but they were the same size. They were mostly like that.

I do not remember what the name of what I learned about but I know what it is.

What it is when living things are standing on two legs and can walk on them.

Like monkeys for example they can stand on their hind legs and walk with that just like humans.

Yesterday was the Science Fair. I did my science fair project on monkeys, I learned that the smallest monkey is a Pygmy Marmoset and the biggest monkey is a Mandrill. From other people's science fair projects I learned that goats have a slit shape for a pupil and that octopi have beaks and their beaks are made out of the same stuff as our fingernails. I also learned that hyperthyroidism is when all the parts of their body speeds up and it usually happens to older cats.

This year’s Science fair was great! I learned about Crazy Horse Mountain. (That’s what I did for the science fair). I learned about who started sculpting. His initials are K.Z.! I did his initials because I don’t know how to spell his name or pronounce it. The question I still have is when will they get more money to finish? I also learned where Crazy Horse’s lands are. He said his lands are where his dead lay buried. I had a real peace of rock that blasted form the mountain their sculpting called thunder head mountain! I called it Touch History!

I’ll be honest……. I did not learn ZIP! When I went to the Fair at school I was just there for the candy and free balloons I wasn’t really thinking. I tried but I didn’t get to the evening Science Fair!  I mean I wanted to go and I thought I would be able to go but I wanted to have some fun before the real thing. So I was at hillcrest after  and I noticed that it was already about HHHHHHHMMMMMMMM………. 5:46 and I was mad.  I really wanted to go but I noticed after that my mom already knew and didn’t want me to go. I started getting mad and didn’t really act like a ten year old. I was thrashing and punching and kicking and being plane crazy! I tried to stop but I had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much anger. I left to go to my house and by then I lost all the anger in my body and was fine. At home I asked my mom if I could go but she said no. it was quarter till eight anyway.  I started getting really mad again and I blew up! I went to bed being tired, angry, and sad. The next day I was fine but I still kind of mad.

I did my Science Fair project on hyperthyroidism of cats. I figured out the symptoms and everything it was so fun. I also learned about monkeys on my friends board. I learned that the Pygmie Marmoseth is the smallest monkey. 

The science fair was very fun this year I learned that there was a lot of types of goats I forget how many exactly but I know that there was a lot. My mom really wants goats. I could not go to the science fair at 5:30. I also learned a lot about some of the goats body parts,I love goats!

At the science fair I saw a board that was about a disease called hyperthyroidism. It was a cat who had the disease. I also learned the symptoms. Here they are: Loss of temper, urinating or drinkig a lot, poor coat, skinny.....

My science fair project was about mummies. I also learned about animal mummies. A mummy is a person or animal that has been preserved after death.

Yesterday night I went to the science fair, I had made a project with MD about shades blocking light. From that, I learned a whole lot about light, fluorescent light, sun light, foot candles, and a whole bunch more. I am going to tell you about Foot Candles. A foot candle is a non-international unit of light measurement that measures the lumens per square foot. A lumen is equal to the amount of light emitted per second from a source of light.