Copyright (c) 2014 by nitemayer Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
nitemayer -- Blogmeister

-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by nitemayer teacher: Daina Seymour

Freestyle skiing is a sport for both men and women. The competitors get to choose what they would like to do, downhill skiing or cross country skiing. there are lots of different jumps. there is the twister, the spread- eagle, the iron cross and the helicopter- an upright 360 degree spin. The competitors also get to decide what kind of skis they use, long skis or short skis. Usually it depends on the size of the person.

In a race, it does not matter how many people qualify, but each race is limited to four starters. Physical endurance and strength play a ski roll in ski athletes.

Athletes may choose three out of four different lines they will ski down on the mogul course. After the start signal, they ski down a steep slope and over a series of off set large bumps (mogul) as high as 1.2 meters and spaced 3-4 meters apart. There are two sets of bumps, one near the top of the course and one near the bottom of the course where the skiers are required to perform 4 different jumps of there own choice. the ski cross course is designed to test skiers skills incorporate turns n a variety of type and sizes, flat sections and travers, as well as rolls, banks and riges similar to those found on a normal slope.

Article posted January 15, 2010 at 03:28 PM • comment (1) • Reads 63 • see all articles