Copyright (c) 2014 by YA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
YA -- Blogmeister

5A

by YA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Polio 05/17/11
Heart Dissection 04/18/11
RM 04/05/11
My cat 03/28/11
I am from 03/28/11
My most honest moment 03/28/11
Deltas – The Beautiful End of a River 02/17/11
Number Line 11/30/10
Place Value 11/04/10
My Reading Log Wordle 11/02/10
Typing 12/02/09

Title: 5A - I Am From (03/18/11)

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 197

I am from

I am from the grass under my feet, from soccer, and from soaring balls through the air.

I am from eating snack on the blue benches that shine from the sun’s light, and from friends that I miss because of moving to different countries.

I am from going camping with some of my friends, from having smores and marshmallows, and from tents we sleep in.

I am from playing soccer in the snow, from laser games, and from my very nice cousins.

I am from eating delicious foods in France and from zooming roller coasters and fun water parks.

I am from Yellowstone National Park, from a geyser spouting sizzling water very high.

I am from seeing wild animals in zoos, and from my nice brown SUV that I had to leave in Egypt.

I am from walking to school and back, from seeing lots of poor people on the streets begging for money while other people are zooming past them in their fancy cars.

Article posted April 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

I am from pop corn, from chicken wings, and fried ice cream. I am from PS3, from Call of Duty, and WWE. I am from “do your homework,” from “what do you want to eat,” and “go take your shower.” I am from living in different places, from Lebanon to Dubai to Saudi Arabia to Ghana to Dubai to Lebanon. I am from flat screen TV’s, from bunk beds, and Mac’s. I am from city views of blue pools, rooftops, and stores. I am from “Al, go to the fridge and get me something,” and from my dad saying “get the keys from my back pocket” then farting in my face.

*I am from*

I am from soccer balls,

I am from pizza and hamburger.

I am from North America.

I am from Popcorn popping on me and making me cheesy.

I am from electronics, PlayStations and DVDs.

I am from Lebanon, too.

I am from days, nights and schools.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 77

I am from wind blowing in my hair, from tall trees and the left side of the bedroom I  am from hardworking parents and nice siblings, from:”don’t rush “ “slow down””go read to your brother” and from “how was school?” I am from sweets and cookies and brownies from a teacher who plays a lot of classical music, from lots of aunts and uncles who get me presents .i am from pretty cousins from learning from your mistakes .i am from friends from a country with a big blue sea, and from good weather. I am from moms perfume from Mickey mouse and Disney channel from Clifford and Amelia Bedilia. I am from loud noises, beeping cars ,from donuts and soft drinks and from field days with water fights, from  kind teachers and disgusting hot lunch, from hard tests and a lot of homework.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 89

I am from a dog going in and out of my room at night, jumping on and off my bed, and from crawling out of my crib at night sneaking into my parent’s room. I am from glasses leaving marks on the side of my nose, from “Keep your glasses on!” I am from losing and gaining weight, eating and eating. I am from having trouble waking up, and being late to school, from having the most late slips. I am from a school with a cute uniform and lockers, from hatching ducks and getting scabs everyday from tripping on the hard rock playground. I am from a school bus with black and yellow strips, trying to avoid the bullies, from people mistaking me as my sister, from “Hey Hana-bannana!” witch annoyed me a lot. I am from imitating the sound of a Pepsi can, from a kind nanny. I am from my brother playing on his play station in our cozy basement. I am from running up and down the staircase, from scavenger hunts of chocolate eggs, from a stadium with delicious lollipops and hockey games. I am from afternoons with Sesame Street, Teletubbies, and Barny. I am from a village where my dad has work and where my parents grew up, from plastic cups my grandma gives me, and from a loving family.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 389

I am from skiing, from ice cold snow from water that always enters my shoe.

I am from a grandma that cooks yummy food, from homemade kaak and tall trees from falling pine cones and from gooey moss that I slip on.

I am from, losing a tooth while eating a carrot, from a mountain house that is made out of stone from the smell the stone makes when it’s raining.

I am from Scholastic that always has the best books ever, from honking cars that are annoying, from bad smelling chicken pooh in the parking.

I am from my sisters shouting “STOP PLAYING WITH MY STUFF” to the “STOP PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK”.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

I am from

I am from lions, fences, and tigers, from the lightning zapping the ground, from the right side of the car and from a car roaring engine. I am from sharks, fish, and whales, from tanks of water filled with rare fish and very big turtles. I am from a big table from pasta and corn, from a plate of corn on a cob, from steps being stepped on by people, and the steam of jacket potato, from chicken, and the munching of salad. I am from winning a toy from the game in the corner. I am from a highway with no traffic, from the sweet air in my home, from the trees I can see through the small window, from a playstation 3, and from my mom telling me to clean up the mess in my room; I am from me telling my brother to put the music down, from the mixer and chocolate. I am from a mountain called Faraya, from the skis and from falling down and hurting myself. I am from a village with flaming sun shining on it. I am from the giant metal post with wires all over the place.  I am from the plum trees in my back yard of my home.       

Where are you from?

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 69

I am from the sound of the waves splashing on the shore and shells you find in the soft wet sand.

I am from a teacher that puts classic music every single morning except for weekends, from a wrestling sister that’s hits me every single day and night even on holidays and my birthday and from the barking dogs when the doorbell rings. I am from the land of candy delicious soft and tasty, from “YARA DO YOUR HOMEWORK NOW”, from a shouting maid, from vomiting mashed potato on my mom.

I am from Dubai, from falling snow and from cloudy skies.

I am from ringing bells at seven o’clock, from sleeping at my grandma’s house when I am sick and from an angry sister.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 129

I am from the wonderful smell of my grandma’s kitchen, from a grandma that visits me every summer on my birthday, and from cookies.

From a violin, and a companion named Celine, from a musical teacher that gives me so many music sheets, from Vivaldi songs that drive me nuts, and from classical concerts. I am from “how was school today?” and “let’s go shopping.“

I am from a cousin that doesn’t care about me, from “don’t do that” and “don’t touch this” and an aunt that has a cozy and a small house.

I am from a dad that plays golf every day, and a mom that cooks. I am from a mom that plays Handicap with me, from an uncle that kicks me every time I visit him, and from an uncle that does not want us to use his car. I am from a garden, and from a hose that is in the garden.

I am from Tinker Bell, Barney, and Power Puff girls, from a light blue blanket. I am from a friend, and from “are you free this Saturday”

I am from cute goldfish, from a classical teacher, from the right side of the bed, and from sushi. I am from students typing on their Alpha smarts going tic tic tic. I am from falling of a bicycle.

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

I am from

I am from the grass drying up, from the tilted trees easy to climb, and from the bushes poking at my skin with spikes. I am from cacti sticking out of the patches of land, taking the land up like a plate covered in food, from my mom saying “I don’t care about what other parents say,” and hot chocolate on a winter morning. I am from cloudy skies and never being any snow, from the big rocks sticking out of the street, from the ant nests with millions of ants coming in and out with work to do.

I am from mountains as far away as the world, blocking the sun and the lake, I am from the frogs in ponds, and big fat hairy spiders in webs, eating a trapped fly. I am from the mountains as close as possible, many with snow in winter season, taking over making shadows to the floor.

Where are you from?

Article posted March 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 132

I am from eggs and toast in the morning, from the hollering of my mother telling us to get ready for school, from 2 mean brothers wanting me to do all the work who beat me up all day, and still they never get enough. I am from my grandmother’s cooking, from the cracks in the walls of her kitchen; I am from waking up to the sound of cars and buses and from sleeping at my grandma’s house that lives in the city, and from a grandfather who says, “Don’t touch this” and “don’t touch that,” from the “I don’t want to!” and the “you do it!” I am from a teacher that only listens to classical music, from saying it makes us smarter. I am from a classroom filled with books from A to Z, from friends who do anything to keep me happy and from flowers in my garden, red to yellow and blue and purple. I am from baths in cold water from living in the mountains, from listening to my dad talking about the news. I am from a school that says “Honesty is the best policy,” from a town, from buses to cars and from a country that likes to keep things clean. I am from a village from where people keep quiet, from a family of love and care. I am from scholastics, from ordering books once in a year, from “if she jumped out of a building you would to?”

Article posted March 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 95

I am from video games and watching T.V. from a life with no brothers, from friends so close they are like brothers from a cousin who likes the same things I like who doesn’t have brothers either but two sisters just like me.

I am from lollypops and sugar canes, the taste of sugary sweets, from candy to potato chips, from popcorn to frosted cakes. I am from loving parents and evil sisters from the “GET OFF MY LAP-TOP” to the “LEAVE MY ROOM!” and hating home work to the, “SHUT UP AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!”

I am from the passing cars every few seconds, from endless traffic to speeding cars, from the ice cream man to the mail man, from toy shops across the street, from a father who owns 7 stores, and a family that can’t wait until he comes home.

I am from never-ending construction, from the peaceful sound of the night, the morning smell of bacon and waffles from syrup and cereal to the night time smell of my favorite food.

I am from relaxation to activities, from basket ball and soccer, from skate boarding to ice skating, to my mom cheering me on at the bleachers=http://

Article posted March 16, 2011 at 11:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

I am From

I am from lions, fences, and tigers, from the lightning zapping the ground, from the right side of the car and from a car roaring engine. I am from sharks, fish, and whales, from tanks of water filled with rare fish and very big turtles. I am from a big table from pasta and corn, from a plate of corn on a cob, from steps being stepped on by people, and the steam of jacket potato, from chicken, and the munching of salad. I am from winning a toy from the game in the corner. I am from a highway with no traffic, from the sweet air in my home, from the trees I can see through the small window, from a playstation 3, and from my mom telling me to clean up the mess in my room; I am from me telling my brother to put the music down, from the mixer and chocolate. I am from a mountain called Faraya, from the skis and from falling down and hurting myself. I am from a village with flaming sun shining on it. I am from the giant metal post with wires all over the place. I am from the plum trees in my back yard of my home.

Where are you from?

© 2011

Article posted March 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 103

I am from

I am from the north of Europe, from the harsh winters and icicles that my tongue would get frozen to. I am from caves in the forest were I light illegal fires and roast marshmallows until it is time to go home. I am from abandoned houses and pretend guns which I use to hack my friends with when they didn’t listen to me. I am from the town diving board over the lake, from 360° front flips and red backs when I made a mistake. I am from football camps from winning a lot of awards and not knowing how to cuss in Norwegian.

I am from waffles in the morning with hot milk and my brother eating as if he has never seen food in his life before. I am from March 24, from a grandpa that carved a sniper rifle out of wood on my seventh birthday, from my cousins and their wooden machine guns and fighting in the forest.

I am from the upper bunk were I read my collection of comic books in Norwegian, from going to bed on bright days and the hot dogs on the grill in the garden. I am from sneaking out of my bedroom at night and spraying shaving cream on my brother’s face, then dipping his hand in cold water so he wet his pants. I am from bubble baths and Santa beards and stuffing my brother underwater.

I am from waking up to the light of the sun gleaming in my eyes, from waiting for my mom to finish taking a shower so I can use the bathroom. I am from playing hide and seek in the attic with my cousins and finding old toys that my mom and uncles played with when they were young.

Where are you from?

Article posted March 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 85

I am from an escalator trying to kill me, from a mouse I never got to trap and a bear I’m staring at from far range I am from calling my dad when scared and from lost in a misty river. I am from a big cozy house, from a state which is cold in winter but from going every summer. I’m from baths in the sink, from a blue cartoon dog and from game boy I never let go off. I am from Cartoon Network, from an uncle that I barely see, from sandy beaches, and from a dad that travels all the time. I am from”Taymour go get me water” , from twisting my leg when falling, and from a friend on the weekends. I am from a small and a big rocking chair in my room and from dumping a lot of stuffed toys and jumping in them. I am from a television show I like, and from a computer that I have had for 4 years now.

Where are you from?

© 2011