Copyright (c) 2014 by MB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MB -- Blogmeister

7th Grade 09-10

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by MB

teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Title: Jayhawker Ch. 1-4 Blog B (11/06/09)
Description: Comment on how the article, read by Mrs. Handke, aligns with the events in the Jayhawker book? (3-5 sentences)

The way this artical goes with the Jayhawker book is because they both have Willam Qantrill. The reason why Willam Quantrill is in the book is because he raded Lawrence.The reason why he is in the artacal is because the missouri people where him on the back of there shirt.The jay hawker is because of the team and tha is what kansas people were called.

In Kansas history we are talking about Bleeding Kansas and in english class we are reading “The Jayhawker” book there are some things in common in these different classes for example: the Jayhawkers and Bushwackers would burn each other’s houses, do illegal things to each other, and they would put each other down. The Jayhawker’s would raid places like farms that owned slaves and would steal the slaves. There were many fierce battles and massacres between the Jayhawkers and the Bushwackers. In the article the Jayhawkers and bushwackers were fighting now too because of the issue of slavery.

The jayhawkers are men who fight slaves to be free in Kansas. William Quantrill was jayhawkers he believed in saving slaves in Kansas. The jayhawkers were good people saving slaves. Bushwhackers are people who wanted slavery so they could make the balks do their work. Bushwhackers use to be Missourians.

The article we read in social studies related to history with how people were mad at each other by calling each other names that their four fathers called each other. They also were alike because they brought in some of the proslavery and antislavery men like John Brown and William Quantrill. William Quantrill was a proslavery man who hated the jayhawkers he thought they were no good horse stealing thieves and all they were good for was hanging by a rope. John Brown was the opposite he hated the bushwhackers and wanted to see Kansas become a free state. Now both of these men were brought up in the article. They were used to make the people over the border line of Missouri and Kansas angry. They used the raids on each other to taunt them. Some people thought they could put them down by taunting them but some people used it as an advantage against each other and bragged about what their side Kansas or Missouri did to each other. So most of the article was alike by what people did.

The artical is like what we talked about like fighting over slavery and the people. We talked about people like William Quantrill and John Brown. Most of the things in the artical were discussed in Kansas History like the battle also . The battle and the people are what we talked about and the artical reminded me of the times we talked about.

What's happing in the article is like the Jayhwaker book because it involes dirty names and bad fights. It is also like it because it's between Missouri and Kansas were fighting over slaves and thier territories dose not need to happen all over agian. Willam Quantrill is both in the book and in the article he was a man who killed you if you were in his way. He did not like Jayhawker's if you were one he would kill you like a deer. Willam Quntrill was a bad man he was the one not to meet in a dark ally.

I think that its not worth it to fight over something that happened 116 years ago its just not worth it, And dose it really matter that your people fought about it or my people fought about it. We should not trash talk peopleor say how many missourians {or Kansains} dose it take to change a light bulb. Lets not start calling people names that we called them 150 years ago.

Bleeding Kansas and the article was kind of similar. It was a little off I thought. It was just confusing. I didn’t understand towards the end of the article, but I loved both article and jayhawker book. I would love to buy my own book So far because its interesting.

This article is like the Jayhawker book because Kansas and Missouri are both going against each other and calling each other names, they are fighting over slavery in The Jayhawker and in the story they are fighting over a game. People think that they are being very hateful to each other.In The Jayhawker they go to war over slavery but in the story they get in fights, and call each other names. It is also alike because both storys are between Kansas and Missouri.

This article is like the Jayhawker book because Kansas and Missouri are both going against each other and calling each other names. People think that they are being very hateful to each other. They are going to war.

There is a battle in the Jayhawker and in this story. People in this football game are fighting over the same thing that the people along time ago. The football game is between Kansas and Missouri. This is over slavery.

This article is like “The Jayhawker” book because Missouri and Kansas are in so much hatred towards other. They are fighting with each other like in “The Jayhawker.” And many people think that it’s crazy to be fighting. Also Missourians and Kansans are treating each other badly and disrespectfully, and that is how it was in the book too. And the people who aren’t fighting about it have to deal with it and hear about it when they don’t want to.

In “The Jayhawker” book the people go around and would burn each other’s houses, do illegal things to each other, and they would put each other down. They would raid other places and steal slaves. There were many fierce battles and massacres. In the article the two sides were fighting now too.

I think that the Missouri and Kansas football game aligns with the Jayhawker book because both of the people in the group were over reacting and if someone did something wrong then the other person had to get back at them. In the Jayhawker, John Brown, an abolitionist from Kansas that goes on raids and lets slaves be free by taking them over of the Missouri border, is trying to get back at Quantrill, a Jayhawker from Missouri who goes on raids and destroy towns and kills anyone that he catches steeling slaves, and Quantrill and his men are trying to get back at John Brown and his men John Brown. In the football game the Missourians are trying to get back at the Kansans by making posters, selling stuff, and trash talking the other teams.

The events in jayhawker book align by showing how much hatred and dislike there was and still is between the states. Both the article and the book talk about civil war men John Brown a well known abolitionist that brought hatred to Missouri be stealing their slaves in the 1800’s is loved now by Kansas. William Quantrill a proslavery man hated Kansas and burned down the town of Lawrence and is loved by Missouri. Both show how much each state hate each other and always will.

The article is the same as the book by talking about famous Kansans, Being violent, and by all the fighting. It is also the same by talking about the jayhawkers and the bushwhackers. The article has a lot of characteristics as the book and that is how they are the same.

This article and the jayhawker book are alike because they did have a war over who was going to win. They used the same names like “Quantrill”. They talked about Quantrill how he led a rebel guerilla. They had shirts that had a drawing a picture of John Brown before he went on his raid. They even went back to wear the jayhawkers defended Kansas against terrorists and helped make Kansas a free state just before the start of the Civil War.

The jayhawker book doesn’t have a lot in common exept a few things. The Jayhawkers and the Bushwachers fight like the Kansas and Missouri fans. Kansas liked the Jayhawkers and Missouri liked the Bushwackers.

This situation is related to the Jayhawker book because the time period the book speaks about was brought up in the article. The proslavery and antislavery towns that were fueding in the football season are pretty much the same groups as the ones who existed back then. Facts in the story were twisted to make advertisements in the game, also making it relative to each other. Lastly, the Jayhawk mascot of Lawrence, Kansas are believed to have come from Jayhawkers, the antislavery men who raided bushwhacker villages in Missouri, which is home to the Tigers.

A Jayhawker is a person who is antislavery or against slavery. A Bushwhacker is a person who likes slavery or is proslavery. A reason the Jayhawker book and this article is alike is because during this article, all the football teams have wars but in the Jayhawker book they are having wars over proslavery and antislavery and how should they be. In this article there are proslavery, abolitionists, and antislavery men and women also in the Jayhawker book. This article gave you a hint that it was leading up to the civil war in the Jayhawker book the civil war occurs. The Jayhawker book related to the article our teacher read to us because the article and the Jayhawker book had spies and so did the article. Also the article and the book have a lot of violence and Famous Kansans are being recognized.