Copyright (c) 2014 by Turf Mutt Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Turf Mutt -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by Turf Mutt

teacher: Michael La Marr

Of all the characters from the books I have read this year Alec Bings is my favorite character. He is my favorite character because he showed Milo that people or things can have several different points of view and that there is nothing wrong with that. I believe that what Alec Bings said was true, that it’s not bad to have different points of view because you can see things differently and it should not just be wrong. Also I think it is cool that Alec Bings can see through things. When he does this he can tell what you like to do, what you don’t like to do, what you had for breakfast, and what you are like. His brother can see beyond things, his father can see to things, his mother looks after things, his uncle the other side of every question, and his little sister sees under things. So I have good reason to believe why Alec Bings is my favorite character.

Article posted April 19, 2010 at 07:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 50

I liked camp a lot at Westminster Woods. My favorite activity was the “hike over the hill.” That was my favorite activity because we went all over, and I was able to feel the flowing waterfall. We went during recreation time, and right before breakfast. I went there both times. The first time we went we were there longer than we were the second time. The first time we went there, we were able to hike to the top. Then the bell for dinner rang, and we had to go back to the camp. When we got back everyone wanted to know all about it, but we wouldn’t tell them. The second time we went it was not as good. We only got to go to the waterfall and back. We didn’t get to go to the top and back. So my favorite activity at Westminster Woods would be the “hike over the hill” the first time.

My favorite trip during the week would probably be the tide pools. This was my favorite trip because I saw a lot of cool things such as sun stars even Mr. LaMarr didn’t see sun stars. We also saw a ton of sea urchins and sea stars. Two of the sea stars we saw were eating octopus. We saw three different types of nudibranch. They were all really cool. This is why my favorite trip during the week was the tide pools.

My favorite information during the week, and my favorite memory when I am old and gray will be the hike over the hill and that starfish can eat octipi. My favorite information I learned during the week was that starfish can eat octopi. This interests me because I had no idea that something as small as a starfish could eat something as big as an octopus. But my favorite memory that I would have when I am old and gray would be hiking at Armstrong Redwoods or “The hike over the hill.” These are my favorite memory because I just love hiking.

If I went to the gold fields by ship or by wagon I would be careful. I would be careful because some people might say it was harder to stay alive during the voyage to California than to find gold. I would probably choose to travel by ship because I would rather have food on the ship each day than have to pack my food. Plus if I crashed I would probably die immediately, and I would not suffer. But I can’t really die quickly in a covered wagon. Also I like to travel by ship more than I like to walk. I would have to stay in the covered wagon and suffer.

In the Gold Fields I would be very careful not to break any laws. If I broke any laws and I was proven guilty, depending where I was, they might have killed me. In other places if I stole, they would cut the bottom of my ears or carve a “T” in my head so that people would know that I was a thief. Then people who stole grew their hair long. So because of these reasons I would be very careful not to break, or be accused of breaking, any laws

Theodore Taylor dedicated this book THE CAY to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Theodore Taylor dedicated THE CAY to Dr. King Jr. because he believed it didn’t matter if you had a different colored skin. He apparently got convinced from Dr. King Jr.’s speeches that blacks should be equal to whites. Theodore Taylor dedicated THE CAY to Dr. King Jr. even though Dr. King Jr. was dead because he wanted people to read THE CAY, and he wanted to start having fewer people be prejudice. Dr. King Jr. wanted fewer people to be prejudice. After Dr. King Jr. died, Theodore Taylor continued doing what Dr. King Jr. had done. After Dr. King Jr. got assassinated there were not as many things that Dr. King Jr. did so it was harder to make people believe that blacks should by equal to whites.This is why Theodore Taylor dedicated THE CAY to Dr. King Jr.