Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by J

teacher: Derek Milloy

Article posted May 31, 2010 at 06:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 110

Dear Mrs. Smith

you have taught me so much and i have learned so much about instruments and how you are supposed to bounce off the bars.you will always be my favourite music teacher.I will miss you Mrs.smith.

Article posted May 14, 2010 at 05:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

My reaction to The Story of Stuff:

When i watched The Story of Stuff i was really surprised because I didn't know that we are wasting all of this stuff and we are using 30% of the worlds recourses.Also most of the stuff we buy gets trashes in about 6 months and when people buy computers they just throw them away because they aren't new,for example:pretend that I bought a computer in 2005 and now its 2010 so now i'm going to throw it away because its not new like my friend's and it doesn't have all the new stuff in it.I didn't think that all of the stuff that we bought would just be wasted,but now that i watched this video,i know not to waste all of this stuff.When i have the chance to recycle, i will do it.thats why I was surprised after I was done watching this video.

Article posted January 8, 2010 at 06:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

This book is called Touching Spirit Bear.

This book is about a boy named Colewho is a bully that beat up another kid who is the age and same grade as him,his name is Peter.He was really injured permanitly.But meenwhile Edwin and Garvey bring cole to Circle justice to help him change.

The charactors are:

Cole:Criminal,bully,mean disrespectfull person.

Coles dad:Beats,hits Cole,doesnt care much about

Cole.

Coles Mom:Addicted to drinking alchahal,also doesnt care much about Cole.

Edwin:Helpfull,carefull,and some times funny

Garvey:Friendly,helpfull,carefull enough to try to help Cole with Edwin.

Spirit Bear:A mythical bear,that may have helped Cole.

I think that this book is trying to tell you that u can do anything or be any kind of person but that doesnt mean that you cant change or and be forgiven.In this story Edwin and Garvey were telling Cole that the left side of the stick was his anger and the right side of the stick was also your anger,and they said that you cant get rid of your anger.And Cole beat up Peter and he was really injured but that doesnt mean that he cant be forgiven.

Article posted November 20, 2009 at 03:40 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 59

Traits:mean,on pg.7 he beat up Peter Driscal.

Fearless,on pg.44 Cole threatened a spirit bear,he said"keep staring,i'll kill you".

Impolite,on pg.22 Cole wanted to punch Garveys teeth out.Brave,on pg.44 Cole said to a spirit bear "i'll teach you to be afraid of me".

Foolish,threatened a white spirit bear.

Innapropriate, on pg.28 he said to Garvey im not eating that crap.

Cole Mathews is a 15 year old boy from Minneapolis.He is a mean guy becasue he is very impolite and says bad words.I think he is a bad person because he wants people to be afraid of him and he tryed to kill a spirit bear in the book thats why he was attacked by the bear.Also he is a threatening person.He is a kind of guy who would assault someone if someone got him in trouble and i think he is a bully becasue he beat up Peter Driscal.

I think Cole has changed because on pg.112 he said,all my life I have been telling lies and trying to prove everyone wrong,but now im goiong to tell the truth in my life not try to prove anybody wrong.

Article posted November 9, 2009 at 04:17 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 74

I think cole is not okay,even though he said to Garvey and Edwin taht he is okay.I think he is not okay because his body is all torn up and he was starved to death.Also the past things that have happened to Cole are that he was attacked by a Spirit Bear,misquito's bit him all over his body and he was pecked by woodpeckers.He looks like a mess because of the Spirit Bear attck and all of those misquito's bites.Thats why i dont think he is okay becasue all of that horrible stuff happened to him.

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 05:30 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 99

When people get angry they might start to cry because someone hit them and mad them sad by calling them names. They might even start to yell or scream because they got hurt or another weird reseon like because they did something bad. Sometimes people might want to get revenge to make sure that the other person knows how it feels. They might even start to punch the wall or someone because they want to get the anger out of there body. Even there face might start to turn red because there so angry at someone.

Article posted October 17, 2009 at 03:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 131

i would go to the year 2070 because it will be so cool to see all the new things in the world like the new buildings in the city.Also because I get to see my friends and familywhen their older.I want to see all the new stuff in the mall like electronics and new stores in the mall.I would also go see all my cousons to see how there doing.I would go to the year 2070 with two of my best friends.I would love to see myself 59 years from now because I want to see how I look and how im like. The problems would be: There was something wrong with the timemachine, I might be stuck there for a period of time if i cant fix it. Also i saw myself in the future and if i had some bad things in my life and some good things, i would try to change the things that i didnt like about the future Jason out through my life when i get back to 2009. But it would kind of spoil it knowing what my life would be like. But i would still go to the future.