Copyright (c) 2014 by D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
D -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by D

teacher: Derek Milloy

Pajama day 12/13/11
I can't write a poem 05/05/11
Responsibility 05/03/11
Justin Bieber 04/27/11
04/13/11
Where Is Port Hardy? 04/06/11
Friends 02/12/11
Basketball 01/25/11
S.S 01/11/11
Basket ball 01/11/11

Title: Balance (05/03/11)
Description: You may write about the kind of balance you worked on in the circus arts demonstration or any other kind of balance (we talked about balancing work and play, balancing what you want to do with what you ought to do, balancing your mental focus, etc...

Article posted May 4, 2011 at 04:40 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 456

Balance can mean anything. Like keeping your balance on a tightrope, keeping your balance so you don't fall, or even keeping your balnce in your weight. It could also keeping your balance between friendship, talking and sharing your stuff to a certain limit to certain people. To know who to tell something thats bothering you and knowing who not to tell, because they might mock you or ignore you. That is also balance.

Balance is a term that means diffrent things for diffrent topics. like it means something else for balance on the tight rope than the balance between frienship.

What do you think balance means?

Article posted April 29, 2011 at 12:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 88

On Wednesday 28,2011 we learned about balance. First we did balance with peacok feathers on our hands,feet,elbows,chins,and noses. We had lots of fun. Next we balanced on a wheel which was awsome and none of us were scared to fall off because we all had partner or 2 helping us up, down, and during our turn. Last but not least we had a board on a cylinder. What we did was hold the wall and move side to side on the board.

So that's what did in the one woman circus!

☺ ☻ ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ =]

Article posted May 4, 2011 at 05:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 136

Balance is something everyone needs in life. Balance in things you do like fun to work, balanced eating, etc. Almost everything in your life needs balance. Balance is needed for a balanced life. Also, there is balance in stuff like the circus, so balance is very important in almost everything.

The type of balance I will talk about is having fun and doing what you 'ought to do. What you 'ought to do always has to come first, but having fun is very important as well. So you have to keep a balance of then. Thank you for reading my article.

balance is an importent thing in evreyones life. if there were no balance evrey thing would be flat and boring no one would be able to stand up or play sports. balence keeps us a live and happy.

last week a lady-named San came to our school she was a cuircus-lady.She tauhgt us how to juggle and alot of balences (e.g) how to balence a fether on your hand,foot,noes etc.another balence activity she taught us is how to balence a plate on a thin wooden stick ,and all kind of other balences.

Article posted May 7, 2011 at 04:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 104

Balance.What exactly could the word balance mean,balance could mean balance on one foot,balance yourself so you don't fall.etc.Our class went to the 1 woman circus.The lady taught us how to balance things on our body.She taught us how to balance a peacock feathers on our nose,chin,hand and foot it was really cool and fun.Next she picked a student from our class and balanced her on a weel holding her so she doesn't fall,and we tried that too.After, she taught us how to juggle.We juggled with juggling balls and scarves.I decided to juggle with scarves the lady thought i was pretty good so she chose me to show the primary classes how to juggle she picked 3 other people too.2 of them showed how to  juggle with juggling balls and i showed how to juggle with scarves,and the last person showed how to balance a peacock feather.It was fun and tirering because some of the little kids didn't understand. So i had a blast and we showed them the day after the lady taught us.That was a fun day!:)

Article posted April 30, 2011 at 03:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 79

Balance is an ability to cover the center of gravity of a body while needing base support.When your excersicing body,and practicing the ability to balance on an object, its called balancing.Balance helps keep the world in order.What I mean is,balance keeps the world in space.Balance helps us keep track of time.Example:If we students don't have a lunchtime then...we will be STARVING! Then you would have to eat lunch AFTER school! But, what IF you have something AFTER school?! Then, you have to eat lunch after that activitie!That concludes my article about balance! Thanks for reading! Bye! :)

Article posted May 1, 2011 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 153

Have you ever felt as if your balance of anything is over loaded? Or your balance needs more? Well, just to let you know, you're not alone.

I feel that way too, sometimes. But no balance in this world is perfect. Now, there are lots of types of balance, sports balance, social balance, money balance$, etc... These are only some of the balance's I can think of. Of course there are more.

Do you know a type of balance that you or a friend needs to work on? Well, I feel like that too sometimes. NO balance in my life is perfect, yes, there are balance's that I know I don't need to work on that much, but that doesn't make it perfect either.

I hope you understand what the point of this whole article is. If you liked my article, please leave comments. If you think I should add more details please leave comments anyway. Bye for now!

Article posted May 2, 2011 at 04:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

Last April 27, there's a one woman circus visited in ouyr gym and taught us how to balance things like feathers,  plates on a stick and ourselves. In balancing feathers, we learned that we should concentrate so that the feather won't fall. We balanced feather in our hands, feet, and even finger. In balancing a plate on a stick, we should spin the plate and put it on the stick. We should balance it on our hands, or anywhere you like. We knew that balancing is important and its not easy. You need to concentrate to balance things. We do balancing in most of our activities like riding a bike, carrying things or even  standing. In riding a bike, you should balance carefully so that you won't fall. Carrying things need balance, too. The thing you carry should be even. If you didn't balance, it may lead to mistakes , fall, or even accident. So, you hould focus on what you do and make sure your  balancing cafefully.