Copyright (c) 2014 by D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
D -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by D

teacher: Derek Milloy

Pajama day 12/13/11
I can't write a poem 05/05/11
Responsibility 05/03/11
Justin Bieber 04/27/11
04/13/11
Where Is Port Hardy? 04/06/11
Friends 02/12/11
Basketball 01/25/11
S.S 01/11/11
Basket ball 01/11/11

Title: Young People's Concerts (02/18/11)
Description: For this week's blog, you will write about our Young People's Concerts. You may choose to write about one particular concert you found to be excellent, impressive, or powerful; or you may write about the whole program. Are those experiences different from other performances you see? Do you have other chances to go to live performances of drama, music, or dance in a formal theatre?

You are expected to go through the writing process and submit a final draft that has been revised and edited. You are expected to organise your writing into paragraphs made up of complete sentences. You should be using carefully selected, powerful words, and your sentences should have some variety in their structure.

From September till now my school has been going to the Young Peoples Concert. It is when we go to Micheal J. Fox Theater to watch people perform.

So long we have watched an African Act, Ballet Victoria, an one woman show, and last but not least Delhi 2 Dublian.

My Favourite was Delhi to Dublian because: 1)It was from my culture 2)They let us get out of our seats and go CRAZY!!!

What Delhi 2 Dublian Do:

They take Indian Music and mix it with Celtic Music and add new beats to make a new type of music!

What I found Fasinating:

That Delhin 2 Dublian has an electric sitar! An Electric Sitar is a huge piece of Indian insterment and this is the first time I have seen an electric sitar!

Delhi de Deblen was a good performens. They hade all kindes of elltrick intsterments. Most of the intsterments i never knew cold be elltric. They also hade cool bakrond sounds and involed with the odence. you can also see Delhi de Dublen on youtube.                         

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 03:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 148

Hello again, my name is Param I am here to tell you about this wonderful Ypc. There was this group who performed by doing remixes with Indian song’s and um I really do not remember what the other was. They showed us these instruments  they used one was an electric sidarth I think its name was and they had a thol, an mini electric guitar, violins, fiddles and a thagala. They also had all the teachers dancing, Mr.Minnichello was dancing hi but off. Well that is what happened at our last ypc.

Article posted February 23, 2011 at 12:44 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 146

Hello my name is Danzel,I'm going to talk about our ypc(young peoples concert) it's a concert shown by people who preform their speciel skills their preformance just like last year it was awsome they had hip hoop,pupet shows,...,and this year it well today we saw some musicians with cool instruments and last time it was acting there was one person acting all I mean all of the people in the story and the other show well I didn't got to watch but I did know that had fun!

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 166

On Tuesday, February 22, our school got to watch a performance by a group called Delhi 2 Dublin, as a part of our young people's concert series. Young people's concerts are performances watched by grades 4-7 students, from a variety of different schools. There are 4 performances in the series spread out through the whole year, which are all very entertaining in their own ways. My favorite performance, although I enjoyed all of them very much, would probably be Delhi 2 Dublin.

They were a group who mashed up music from India, and music from Ireland, all over electronic beats. They used instruments like: a dhol, a tabla, a sitar, and violins. A dhol is a large instrument, like a drum, you hit its sides with a stick. A tabla is a smaller version of a dhol, with a less loud sound. A sitar is an instrument similar to a guitar, but produces a softer sound.

During the show, the involvement they had with the crowd was superb. They "woke us up" in the morning with their wonderful sounds, and involvement. My favorite part of the show was the teachers dance off. First there were 10 teachers, then 4 finalists. The winner was eventually one of the teachers at our school, because our school cheered the loudest for our teacher. Overall, the performance was a great experience for me. Delhi 2 Dublin has also performed at other places such as: Canada Day at the Vancouver Convention center. Thank you for reading this article.

Young People's Concerts are concerts that my school has on occasion. We have had 4 of them in th school year.

The first one focused on African traditions, including a few stories.

The second concert focused on ballet, that's right, and showed us the average practice session of a ballet dancer.

The penultimate concert was actually done all by one person and she did a post-World-War 2 soldier reunion and the developing relationship between a little girl and a retired veteran.

The final YPC concert was the most musical, as a vancouverite band played for us, and surprisingly, they made use of violins and a complex electronic system in place of normal instruments.

That is all as I have nothing more to say.

On February 22 we went to a yound people's concert and we watched a group called Delhi to Dublin. Delhi to Dublin is a group of muscians from Vancouver. They play Indian music and they combine that with Celitic style music. I really enjoyed their performance because of what kinds of beats they had and their music was really great, and we got tp jump around and scream! They didnt have a drum player it was made by a big mixer. The person behind controlling everything could make his voice sound really high pitched it was really cool! I really enjoyed the violin playing because it was a Celtic style playing. The person controlling the big mixer with all the sounds made really big base noises. I could feel the vibration alot! There was a singer and he was really good. He sang in the Indian language. There was another guy playing sitar. It looks like a guitar. There was also a guy playing some kind of Indian drum which I forgot the name of. Overall the performance was amazing! If I could I would love to see them again! If you want to find out more info about Delhi to Dublin or buy tickets to their shows visit their website at delhi2dublin.com

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 05:08 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 110

Guys around the world guess what "what?" I saw the greatest performance I ever seen, When I was about to go To Micheal J Fox Theater we had some rules along the way like follow your teacher, no running inside and outside, sit down on your seat and hear some rules you have to know to stay safe, well along the way performance was going to start so we sat and watch but then we didnt expected that its going to be a crazy performance so we started dancing, The performance was called The Delhi 2 Deblin, they have 5 people in there group that make great music and you know there intruments are pretty weird to make an eletronic music for and example 2-violin, and small guitar, an electric sitar, a big drum that looks like it was made in africa, a singer ,and finally a DJ, well it does looks like a dj to me or a diffrent sond making device. I had so much fun in the performance I wish we can do it again. 

Article posted March 4, 2011 at 12:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

Our last Young Peoples Concert was called "Delhi 2 dublin" it was about all types of music from other cultures and also insturments.

the current members in delhi 2 dublin are Taryn Nayar,plays the tabla and controls the electronics,Kytami LeBlanc,plays the fiddle

Sanjay Seran,vocals Andrew Kim,electric sitar,guitar

Ravi Binning,dhol,Tabla. dehli to dublin was formed for a performance at the Vancouver Celtic Festival on 16 march 2006.

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 03:42 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 74

Yesterday ( Febuary 22, 2011) was the coolest YPC EVA!! First of all, we had to listen to the music! There were drums,vilions,a small electric guitar,and other cool instruments I forgot what they were called.THEY PLAYED AMAZINGLY GREAT!! The funnest part was when everyone standed up and started danceing 'n stuff! It was kinda like a MADHOUSE!!! The funniest part was when some of the teachers got to do a dance compitetion! Mr.Minicelo was so crazy! He kept shaking and dancing that he got a cd album!( acaully, every teacher did just ta be fair) I think that is totally a YPC I'll neva faget! EVER! THX FA READ'N!

Article posted March 10, 2011 at 01:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

The young people concert was awesome. It was just like a real concert we got to stand up and dance yell and scream. They had some really cool instruments.There songs where awesome and i like the person that did all the tech stuff.

Okay, so, before I even begin my article, I want to get one thing clear. I'm pretty sure you're thinking about the rocking, awesome, noisy concert with all the celebrities and stuff, but guess what? It's not; in fact it's exactly the opposite of the concert with celebrities.

And you know what, most of us like it that way. Have you ever been to a concert before? Now, when you came back home, did you have a headache? If yes, then it’s normal, and if no, well, lets just say you got lucky.

Anyways, back to young peoples concert (YPC). YPC is a school program we have at Douglas road elementary each year. The show changes each year. Where is the concert you ask? It takes place at Michael J. Fox Theatre. It is a high school that lots of people used to and still goes to. And, no, Michael Jackson did not go to that high school. J does not stand for Jackson. But I'm not sure what it stands for either.

We are going to YPC tomorrow (Fri. 22, 2011). It is called Delhi to Dublin. Our last Ypc show was about a 10 year old girl who meets A 56 year old man whose brother was in war, but unfortunately passed away.

I hope you liked my article! And please leave comments!!! Please do! Bye! Adios Amigos! (I’m not even sure if that’s a real Spanish word!) But anyways, Bye!!!

The letters Y.P.C, like everything else, stand for something. Y.P.C means young people’s concert. As you can understand from the meaning of the letters, Y.P.C is a kind of concert. The Y and the P stand for young people, people that are still in their school age. In our school, all the intermediate classes go to Y.P.C few times a year.

There are many different performances, from ballet group, to a small play with only one person. Y.P.C is fun for me because I’m not usually going to performances with my family.

Couple of my favourite things about Y.P.C is:

1. Every performance is a lot different from the one before.

2. All the performances are interesting and special.

An important thing to remember when you are at the concert is to behave well. By “well” I mean no shouting, talking, and clap but only clap when its time to and just clap.

Y.P.C is a great concert, so if you have a chance, go.  

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 01:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 68

Hi everybody, I’m Caleb, although you might already know that. Today I’m going to talk about “Delhi to Dublin”, a group that takes Indian and Celtic music and mashes it together to make cool music. I saw them live at my most recent Y.P.C. (young people’s concert) and they were awesome. They were so pro, and they could sing and play their cool instruments really, really well. Overall their show was really cool, and my friends and I had a great time.

Below=Delhi to Dublin video       

http://www.youtube.com/v/OYem_bwXlx4?version=3"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/OYem_bwXlx4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">

Article posted February 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 75

WE WATCH THE YOUNG PEOPLE,S CONCERT YESTERDAY, FEB 22. THEY ARE A GREAT BAND. THEY ARE PLAYING INSTRUMENTS SUCH AS SITAR, VIOLIN, AND DRUMS THAT SOME OF US HAD NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE. THEY SING INDIAN SONG BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM INDIA. ALL OF THE MEMBERS PERFOM ENTHUSIASTICALLY AND DO A GREAT JOB. WE ALL HAVE FUN IN THEIR SENSE OF HUMOR. WE LOVE THE SONGS THEY SING.ALL THE STUDENTS ENJOY THE BAND.THAT BAND IS THE BEST!