Copyright (c) 2014 by D Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
D -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by D

teacher: Derek Milloy

Pajama day 12/13/11
I can't write a poem 05/05/11
Responsibility 05/03/11
Justin Bieber 04/27/11
04/13/11
Where Is Port Hardy? 04/06/11
Friends 02/12/11
Basketball 01/25/11
S.S 01/11/11
Basket ball 01/11/11

Title: Ache Brasil Performance (02/08/11)
Description: Comment on the performance by this group at our school. Write about what you think your readers will find interesting (because you also found it interesting).

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 04:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 580

On Febuary 7 a group called Ache Brazil came to my school. They played music by using drums, maracas, tambourines and all sorts of things. Sometimes while some of the group members were playing the insterments the other group members were fliping and standing on their heads without hans for support! They were walking on their hands like they were feet!

When they introduced the insterments a guy was spinning a tambourine on his finger. When he threw it in the air really high he caught it on his finger and the tambourinne was still spinning!

My favourite costume was when this person put on a HUGE  streamer wig. It was like a crazy hair-do!

It was really funny when the group called up some students and made the students copy them. It was halirous when the group made the students go crazy! I really enjoyed Ache Brazil!                                                                                                

Article posted March 3, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 75

Ache Brasil was a grete performance. My favourite instrument was the djembe, because i have one. If you saw the Ache Brasil i hope you like it. But if you didn't see it yet then type it in on youtube. 

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 12:15 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 65

A group named Ache Brasil came to our school and performed several songs. They had one character named Gungazuba , he did a really nice dance that had other kids come and interact with it. They also wore really nice costumes which you don’t see everyday on the street. Ache Brasil also did lots of dances which were mostly martial arts and they did lots of flips and tricks. The group also played really nice instruments made of really neat things. Also they left Cds that people could bye. I thought the performance was awesome.

Hello, my name is Param and I am here to tell you of this wonderful performance groupcalled Ache Brazil. Well Ache Brazil is a group that plays music with these instrumentsthat I do not remember the names. After they had a martial arts competition and a bestplaying at music competition. At the end of the performance, they said that they need aking and a queen so Erin and I were picked for it and he won, became king while Ibecame prime minister and a grade three became queen well bye and thanks’ for reading.  

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 04:33 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

On Monday, February 7, our school had the privilege of watching a compoeira (Dancing with a bit of mixed martial arts) dance performed by a wonderful group called Ache Brazil. In the group, there were 5 people, all of which come from Brazil. Ache means positive energy.

During the performance, they danced to traditional Brazilian music instruments. There was one instrument called the Berimbau, a bow-stringed instrument with the base being a dried, fruit from where the sound projects. I found it interesting how you can make an instrument that sounds so good, with dried wood and fruit. That’s what the African-Brazilians had to do so long ago. Another thing that was cool was that they did back flips and turned it almost into hip hop.

I enjoyed every last bit of this performance, and I think I speak for everyone at our school when I say that. If you would like to learn more about Ache Brazil, and their academy, where you can learn compoeira dance, visit www.AcheBrazil.com. Thank you for reading this article.

Ache Brasil. It's a dance group consisting of many brazilians. They performed at our school a short while back,and I was impressed by their dancing style, and their unique music. They taught us a bit about an African king called Ganga Zumba, who was an escaped slave in Brazil. They also have a website called www.achebrasil.com, which tells more about the performance group. This is all I have to say, AND ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! Bye.

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 05:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 230

In February 8, 2011, we had a guest in our assembly called The Ache Basil. They came from Brazil and they travelled some parts of the world performing martial arts,dancing, and instruments, what kind of instruments they had? Well, they had was a Reco Reco (this interments is made of bamboo or wood covered with transversal ridges). And the Agogo (this instrument is consist of two iron bells that resonate when tapped with an iron stick. The common musical term is a cowbell. IT is generally used in candomble ceremonies, maracatu, procession, samba schools, and so forth. How about the martial arts, what kind of martial arts technique? Well they used like an axe kick in some parts (you raise your back leg and make a half circle and hit the ground like n axe), and they use a lot of balancing technique (similar to gymnastics) and last the dancing, one classmate of mine was chosen to come at the performance and do something silly so he did and he became the prime-minister and someone became the princess,prince, king, queen, and a prim-minister, I was laughing and the class and also the school.I had so much watching the performance. (like my classmate being a prim-mister)

Ache Brazil is a type of brazilian dance and martial arts combined into one form dance.

The meaning of the word "ache" is the positive energy that moves the universe or everything that is positive.To say that capoeira is just another martial art would be incorrect,because copoeira is much more than just a martial art.Its a culture,it is history,and it is dance and music.A true visual feast.

Article posted February 11, 2011 at 02:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 60

Ache Brazil is an awesome group of performers that came to my school and preformed and my made my day. They dance, sing and what’s really cool is that they do martial arts at the same time. The technique they used and the songs and the dances all came from Brazil where the original people danced to it and had fun doing it .I really enjoyed their performance and I liked the fact, that they kept their traditions that their ancestors followed, and I’m happy to see that they  kept it ALIVE.

Article posted February 13, 2011 at 03:58 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 82

Last Monday we had a Brazil proformance.It was about an hour.Five proformers were proforming.They were all born in Brazil.One person was born in Brazil but, is half filipino! Anyways,first they were telling us to sound like a jungle.Then they played their instruments and sang.One guy was wearing a coustume.The main thing about the proformance was showing all kinds of things from Brazil.Some proformed flips,and other kind of cool dance moves.It really impressed the aduiance.Sometimes, some of the proformers were wearing coustumes while showing off.I thought that was fun! Near the end, some people got to volunteer and join along! Thats everything I can say bye!

Article posted March 10, 2011 at 01:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

THE ACHE BRASIL WAS AN AWESOME PERFORMANCE, I ENJOYED IT A LOT. THEY HAD A LOT OF DANCING AND SINGING. THERE INSTRUMENTS WERE REALLY INTERESTING TO.I WISH ACHE BRASIL WOULD COME BACK TO OUR SCHOOL AND DANCE AND SING.

Article posted February 23, 2011 at 12:35 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 135

On Febuary 7 a group called Ache Brazil came to my school. They played music by using drums, maracas, tambourines and all sorts of things.

My favourite costume was all of the ones they showed example huge wig that awsome!!

Sometimes while some of the group members were playing the insterments the other group members were fliping and standing on their heads without hands for support! They were walking on their hands like they were feet!

well byebye

luisa

Article posted February 10, 2011 at 05:13 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 74

Hi there! Fabbiha here!

Today, I will be sharing with you about a crazy, and totally unique performance that I got to watch at my school!

Now, the first thing you should know is that Ache Brasil, is obviously from Brasil. And obviously, Their performance is from Brazil. So, you shouldn't think that they did a hip hop, ballet, prom, or any kind of other dance types. What is really interesting to me is that, there dance has no name. It's just a really.... well a really unique dance.

Now, I will tell you a little more about their costumes. They had 4 guys and 1 girl, I'll describe the mens outfit first. Their bottom looked like a skirt. It was made out of hay, straws and leaves.(They weren't wearing a shirt). Their head accessories were also made from hay, straws, hard grass and other petals.

The girls outfit: The bottom was a skirt, it was made from the same things, hay, straw, plants, and petals. She did have a top. It was made from fabric. But it was covered with all hay, and flowers. Her head accessories were all flowers.

I hope you liked my article. leave comments! For more info, go on to achebrasil.com. For now, Farewell!!! Please leave comments!

On Monday, we had a performance in our school, it was called Ache Brazil. The performance included different kinds of music, dances, clothes, and even an activity.                                                What I liked the most about the performance was the music and the clothes. I liked the music because there were many instruments I never saw, and many instruments I recognized but even on those, the Ache Brazil group played differently. The music sounded great, and it seemed like it doesn’t have an ending.                                                                                                                                      I liked the clothes because they were so free, the dancers could do all the moves without their clothes making it a hard time, or at least it seemed like it. I also liked the clothes because they had bright colours  that nobody usually wears.                                   All the performance was good, but those are my favourite parts.

Hello bloggers, today I’m going to talk about Ache Brasil. Ache Brasil is a dance, acrobatics and marshal arts group that came to my school to perform. They are really cool. They used really cool instruments called berimbau, and wore traditional Brasilian clothing in their last song. They were very amazing performers. They could do back flips, walk on their hands, and lots of other cool tricks. Plus, they were all from Brasil. I know, that if you were there, you would have been shocked with what they could do, and would have had a lot of fun.   ­­      www.achebrasil.com/