Copyright (c) 2014 by aquaflower19 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
aquaflower19 -- Blogmeister

-

All the students in room 15 teach and learn from each other. The challenges that are achieved are limited only by the restrictions of their own minds!

by aquaflower19 teacher: Michael La Marr

Title: Dedication of The Cay (10/07/09)
Description: Go to The Cay page of our class website and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You will find a link that will take you to the first blog assignment of the year. Read the directions on that page, and you will know everything that you need to do for your first blog.

Have fun, be creative with your thoughts and impress the world with your ideas!

Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Theodore Taylor dedicated The Cay to Dr. King’s dream because of Timothy. Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968) was a priest whose dream was for blacks and whites to live in peace together without judging each other by the color of their skins. Phillip showed this when he thought that since he was blind, Timothy didn’t seem white or black. Then Phillip decided that there wasn’t any difference between whites and blacks because they were all the same inside of themselves. Since Timothy died of a hurricane, Theodore Taylor wanted the readers to be sorry for Timothy so Timothy could get a little credit for trying to help Phillip survive. During Timothy’s time, Martin Luther King Jr. was just a child, but since the Civil War had occurred and ended, blacks were not enslaved but treated very badly. Because of this, blacks and whites were sent to different schools, stores, and churches. Even Phillip who was blind and dependent on Timothy treated him like he was nothing and called Timothy a stupid old black man. This is why Theodore Taylor dedicated The Cay to Martin Luther King Junior’s dream.