Copyright (c) 2014 by Melanie Transue Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Melanie Transue -- Blogmeister

Onwards and Upwards

by Melanie Transue

9Cp English Class Page
Fanfiction-a few Elk Lake students have work posted here!
Voki-create an animated character that speaks
Vocaroo-create you own podcast
World-create word clouds
Flaming Text-create animated text
Prezi-create an interactive slide show
Glogster-create an animated poster
chirbit- record your voice
animot- create videos

Track Season: May Free Write

Have you ever wondered when people start to practice for a sport well I start to practice before we practice after school.March is the month that track practice starts. It’s something I look forward to the whole year then the first practice comes. The coaches give us an hour and a half abs workout video that made us so sore. Then the next day when I tried to walk it hurt to walk and I didn’t want to sit down because when I got up it hurt and I couldn’t walk right away. By the end of the week you start to feel really good but then the weekend comes. You start to feel really good and you go back to school. Then they make you do a hard workout the next practice you start to feel horrible again. You have to stretch out really well and you try to but it doesn’t make anything better.

When you tell the coach that you are sore he says that you will get better over the next few weeks. You just have to get back into running again because you took the winter off. Then you wait a few weeks and you find out that he was right and you start to do races and you are feeling really good and all of your pain goes away. When you start to do the races and you get used to what events you are doing you start to have fun. Then when you do more races because you are having fun, the pressure that you feel along with feeling like you are going to do bad goes away. When you start winning events it also gives you more confidence in yourself that you can do better in the races. Maybe even make it to districts if you don’t have any injuries like pulling a muscle or hurting an ankle. If you make it to districts you get a really bad stomach ache and butterflies. When you start to race you the butterflies start to go away but then you can’t turn them into energy to race faster and you have to push yourself harder. Then if you are in sprints you have to so many heats to do of the race because there are so many kids that you have to race. All the heats that you run get you really tired and by the last one you are feeling like you can’t go anymore.

Therefore there is a lot of fun in track but also a lot to learn so you don’t get hurt. For all the people that think it’s a team sport it really isn’t each event you do counts on you personally and how good you run.

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR SUMMER?!

Me too. I'm excited for the hot weather, and the part where there is..no..........SCHOOLLL!

What I'm not excited about is where I get to sit at home all day... I would rather be in school. I get to go to NYC again though, for even longer : ) When I go I usually don't exactly go there for a reason it's because My friend lives there and is always bored so I can go there to walk the streets and see new things and most of all, shopping : )

Since my grandparents pool is no longer, we have no where to swim all summer.. except a pond or creek.. ewwwy. We don't even have a air conditioner, so what i'm basically going to be doing is laying in my room bored all day, sweating.

One thing I LOVE about summer is the thunder storms. I use to hate them, and now I can't even wait for a storm to come everyday. I was hoping for yesterdays to be a good one, it looked like it was going to be, but it wasn't. I like the lightning part.. the big bolts. Once when I was about twelve or a little younger me and my younger brother where outside in the rain and it was only thundering a little bit, and me were on the hill, and a smaller lightning bolt hit us. The shock that went through our bodies was so awkward feeling, but I can deffinetely remember my brother crying about it. I sort of laughed it off. My mom seen it happen though.

I still want to back to Florida too see my family again, and go back to the beach. Where would you like to go? : )

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 09:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 41

Freewrit May

People think the worst and meanest dogs are the pit bulls. Pit bulls are not mean dogs they are just misunderstood. One reason they seem mean is because drug dealers use them as protection. They also use them as fighting dogs to make extra money. Some people may think pit bulls would be bad to be around children but they really are good dogs. The pit bull is also known as a Stafford terrier or also known as the nanny dog because they are good with children. The reason they are called pit bulls is because they were used in illegal dog fight in a pit or also known as a ring.

On the news a year ago was a football player known as Michael Vick has been charged with 30 counts of animal cruelty and illegal dog fighting. More than half of them dogs are rehabilitated and they are now helping the elderly and they are also used as police dogs. The pit bull is actually a nice dog they were just mistreated and raised the wrong way. People say that the pit bull can lock its jaw but it really doesn’t it is the way the structure of their jaw is constructed. Pit bulls are a great companion they are greatly misunderstood. One reason they are great companions is because they will obey all commands. They are such great companions that even police are now using them as k9 dogs.

They are misunderstood because they have been mistreated so they attack because they were raised inappropriately. Another reason pit bulls are misunderstood is because television they are seen with gang members. Pit bulls are seen in dog fights because they are one of the toughest dogs. One fact known about pit bulls are they were actually used in wars. The pit bull is made of two different dogs and was originated in England.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 34

Super-man!, Batman!, Ironman!, Incredible Hulk!, My dad! Now they are all heros in my book. Being a hero takes courage, achievement, and awarded for his deeds. Yahoo Anwser says the definition for a hero is a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. My dad is currently in the national guard he is a recruiter and he has been sent over seas when he was younger but now he just recruits people to come in the armed forces. My dad was shipped to Kowait, Iraq, and ect.

I hope one day I end up like him because I want my kids to look up to me like I did for him. I also think my dads a hero because hes special to me. I have always thought that what if he goes over seas and gets shot. One time he was in Iraq and his apendix popped. My dad doesnt get shipped anymore because he has five kids to take care of. He works really hard and achieves alot of goals during the week and on the weekends he helps me and my little brothers race dirtbikes.

My dad goes out of his way just to make my day better. He might not be recognized more then others but he is to me. When hes at a concert hes recognized for being in the armed forces. One time my dad and my step mom went to a Rascal Flatts concert, they got free tickets to see him. While they were there they had a chance to go up on stage and meet all the band crew.

My dads a hero, is yours?

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 06:54 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

Courtney B

May Free Write

My Best Friends

Do you have Best Friends that you care about? Do you have best friends that go to different school like Towanda? I do I have four best friend that I care about so much that go to Towanda. Their names are Karlie M, Amber B, Caroline K, and Cassidy H.

My friend Karlie M she is one of my best friends since first grade at Towanda School. I remember when I first stayed at her house and we were jumping on the bed and bumped heads. I also remember when we down in the basement at her house playing hiding go seek and playing other games down there it was fun. We also watched the Amanda show with each other a lot. We also went sled riding over this big bump at her house and we landed face first in the snow it was so fun. I am so glad I can still hang out with her sometimes and even at the Dunn Hill 2 Speed WayJ.

My next friend is Amber B she is also one of my best friends. I also remember when I stayed at her house for her birthday party it was so fun. She also invited me to Knobbles with her and it was so fun to hang out with her and her sister and her mom. When she first went to Towanda I got to show her around and tell her teachers names and everyone else to. When she got use to everyone and started talking to everyone we were best friends to and she was friends with all my other friends to. I am so glad we still talk to each otherJ.

My next friend is Caroline K she is also my best friend. Her and I and our friend amber use to hang out all the time together. We also went to the movies together and our friend Amber did to and every weekends sometimes I would hang out with them. I also remember when I went to her house to hangout for the day. I also remember when we use to make up these crazy games at recesses with this girl Logan S and we use to play follow the leaders we did it was fun. I am also glad that she is still my best friend and we also talk to each other sometimes tooJ.

My last best friend is Cassidy H she is also my best friend. I use to live by her and I always use to hang out with her it was fun. I remember when she always use to ask for me to stay at her house and she would stay at my house. She also use to walk to school with me before and she always use to hang out with me every day. I am so glad were still friends and talk to each other a lotJ.

Incunclution

I am so glad these girls are my best friends they help me get through the rough times. Sometimes I never get to see them or talk to them but we are always there for each other.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 03:20 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 36

May Free write

I’m writing this poem about confusions. I picked this poem because you may never know what you want in life. Everything is hard and sometimes life throws things at us we may not like but in the end it may get better. I hope you enjoy this poem.

Confusion

It’s hard it makes you think

It takes a lot

To get things off

Or in your mind

It’s hard when you

Don’t know what you want

Or where you might want

To go in

Life but not only

Is that hard everything is

Thinking you love someone

Not knowing

What to do about it

See life throws stuff

At you that

You have to handle

It may be hard

But it’s worth it all

It’s what makes us stronger

In the long run

Love, life it’s all very hard

But you don’t ever have to

Worry

You will

Always have someone

There for you

Confusion

Don’t let it over power you

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 06:08 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 51

Mari H

May free write

Have you had to wait for your sister to have a baby boy? Have you ever had to canceled your appointed? Did your mother get to see her grandson be born? On June 20, 2011 my mom got to see her grandson was born.

My sister has a baby boy June 20, 2011. My cousin and I had an appointed on that day. When we also got to my cousin’s house my sister called my mom and told her that her water broke. I was very happy. When my mom told my cousin she said that we are going to see the baby and not go to our appointed. My sister ex boyfriend’s mom was having a fit because my sister wanted my mom in there with her.

Jamie T also passed out because he was holding my sister leg and he see the blood and water. I was so happy when he come out and told us that my sister had Dillin. He asked us were his mother was but we didn’t know where she was.

Dillin was 8 pounds 11 inches and 21 inches long and born at 8:21. When we were waiting to go in I called my dad and told my dad how big Dillin was and how long he was. My dad told his boss that he will go out when he eats dinner and sees his grandson. I was the first one to hold Dillin. Than before visiting hours were up my dad and I went back up and my dad got to see him before he had to go to VA.

That is my story about my sister having her baby boy and thanks for reading about it.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 04:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

May Free Write

Trip

How you ever wanted to go somewhere that you haven’t gone in a while? Well, I have. About a month ago I was released from the doctor’s care for my eye injury. After I was released from the doctor’s care I was able to do anything, so I went and picked up new dirt bike and went riding. I felt better than I had felt for about three weeks.

I wasn’t able to do anything after my eye injury, but now I can. I was so glad it was a nice day to go riding. I was riding for about three hours then finally went back to the cabin to hang out with our friends. That whole week I went all over that mountain. I was so happy I got a new bike and was able to go riding. I also was so thankful that I had my vision. Another thing is that I can see a lot better and I am thankful for that.

That whole week I wasn’t able to see was the worst I have ever felt before. Now I don’t take advantage of seeing. Another thing is that I have to be very careful about going outside in the sunlight because my eye is still very sensitive and all ways will be. About the air soft guns I got back into it about two weeks when I was released from the doctor’s care. But my doctor still tells me that I was very lucky because it could have been a lot worse.

In my experience I have learned to listen to my parents and not to get shot in the eye. With this I have never felt as good as this and never take advantage of my parents.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 35

Summer Time: May Freewrite

Are you exited for summer? You can’t wait to get away from school, teachers, homework. Ready to enjoy relaxing, warm weather, and free time? I know exactly how you feel. Now there is only about ten days left of school. Suspension is building. This is going to be a really exiting summer for me.

This summer I am going on a mission’s trip to Maine a week after school ends. I will be working in a children’s camp helping out with the kids.  Then I am going to Michigan with my friend for her family gathering. I am also to Kingdom Bound, witch is a big event at an amusement park that has lots of different band concerts. Then I am going to TLC, a camp at a college that I am interested in. After, I am staying at the Harford Fair the whole week and showing my horses there. In Between everything I race in barrel shows all the time, like twice a week. Then down to Harrisburg for states, And this year I might be going to National barrel Horse Association(NBHA) for Worlds. That is in Virginia.

As you can see, my summer is filled up. What are you doing for summer? Is your summer as busy as mine?

If you've ever wanted to know how you get black and blue marks then this little poem is for you. Then when you want to know what it takes to run and fly.

Black and blue

If you get in a fight

Black and blue,

If you fall off a roof

Black and blue,

If you get slapped in the face

Black and blue,

If you get mulled by a animal

Black and blue,

If you ride without a helmet

Black and blue,

If you a shot by a needle

Black and blue,

If you run with scissors

Black and blue,

If you get a paper cut

Black and blue,

If you run from your home and leave everyone you know behind to live without you

You’re not black and blue,

Your red allover too

Running and flying

To run you need courage,

Speed,

Breath,

Effort,

Sweat,

Dreams,

Ability,

Happiness,

Strength,

Attitude,

To fly you need just your heart.

Spring: May Free

Spring is like a human, it’s warm and sometimes cold. When flowers grow it's like when a human growing, they grow tall and beautiful. Some stay short but they are just as beautiful. They stand strong and tall through the rain and wind.

Like the changing seasons a human has changing emotions that define who they are and their personality. Other emotions can tie into seasons like winter is like a time a human is sad and depressed, summer can be like when a human is angry all the rage makes your blood boil as hot as the sun in summer time. Fall can be like a human be sad and happy at the same time because it’s kind of windy and it can be warm. Spring is like when a human is happy feeling like nothing can bother them and ruin their mood.

Spring can feel just like summer the temperature can rise and fall when it falls spring can feel like the fall. Some people consider spring as the worst season of the year, my opinion of spring is that it’s the best season because it’s not too hot and it’s not too cold. Yes it might get hot but it’s not as humid as summer is. Hot weather is a nice sometimes if it doesn’t get too hot and you have a pool around to swim in.

Ashley S

May Free Write

Summer Fun

The school year is almost over. Everyone is trying to get there work done. We’re all getting ready for finals. I know that I am looking forward to summer because you don’t have to get up early, get to hang out with friends, and get to enjoy summer weather.

You don’t have to get up early to get ready for school. You get to sleep in as long as you want. You don’t have to get dressed really early. You wouldn’t have to eat breakfast early like you would have to on a school day.

You get to hang out with friends. You can stay up late at night doing anything. You can go to the mall. You can go to parks. You can go to the beach. You can just have fun and enjoy yourself.

You can get to enjoy the summer weather. You can go to the beach with family. Walk the bored walk. You can travel to different places. You can go outside an get tan or sun burn.

In conclusion this is why summer is fun. I hope you all enjoy your summer.

Article posted May 25, 2012 at 04:43 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

Ashley S

May Free Write

Summer Fun

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 46

May Free Write.  Have you ever felt like you had no idea who you were anymore? Have you ever stood in front of a mirror and said to your self “this is not me.?” I have. I’ve been doing that a lot lately too. If you have ever felt this way, then maybe my story and experiences will inspire you.

Lately, I haven’t been a good person. I haven’t been nice and I haven’t been loyal. I’ve been lying to my parents and sneaking around behind they’re back and I have no idea why I am acting this way. I’m just angry and sad all the time and I don’t know why?! Even though I don’t like doing it, I'll admit it. I’m scared. I’m scare because I know what I’m capable of and I’m afraid that I’m going to get really angry one day and I’m going to end up hurting somebody I care about. Someone I love. I don’t what to do. I don’t know who I am anymore. This isn’t who I am. Most of you who know me, you know this isn’t me. I’m usually really nice, friendly, happy, giggly, and I’m usually always smiling. I don’t know what happened. My life at home isn’t all that dandy either.

I argue with my parents, I lie to them, not realizing how much I’m hurting them AND me, and I’m sneaking around, also not realizing I’m making them feel like horrible parents because I’m making them feel, that they feel THEY did something wrong to make me not want to open up to them. I know that may not make sense to some of you, but what I’m trying to say, is I make them feel unwelcome, but they make ME feel unwelcome too! Sometimes I feel like when they threaten me and scream at me, it’s a sign that I’ve overstayed my welcome. I don’t want to lose my family over my stupidity.

DO NOT make the mistakes I have, because I understand that some of you, may even have it worse than me, but I’m just saying this to help you. If you feel that you changing in a way that you don’t like, you need to talk to someone. Like me, I’m not afraid to admit it. I’m seeing a psychiatrist and he is helping me, a LOT. It’s nice to talk to someone and get things off your chest and knowing at the same time that you are always welcome and you wont be harshly judged. If you are having the same problem I am, then talk to someone. Try to open up to your parents, talk to your guidance counselor, go to that ONE person you know won’t judge you, and the ONE person you trust above all else. If you keep things bottled up, you’ll end up bitter, mean, unhappy, and alone. Please. Don’t make the same mistake I did.

Article posted May 19, 2012 at 01:25 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

May Freewrite

Life can be amazing depends on where you live or who you live with. It can be good or bad, sometimes life is rough but you just have to learn how to deal with it. The way people deal is different. Some people cry and other run or some people keep it inside and don't talk about it I am one of those people who doesn't talk about it. The way I deal with things is avoiding them. The way I think of it is the less pain I have to deal with is the less heart ache, pain and drama. I look on the positive side of life and ignore everything else like it's an annoying knat flying around your head in the morning.

Therefore, look forward to living life as it is. Create a better life for yourself one you can look forward to. Things in life some people try to look forward to is marriage, children, a good job that pays well stuff like that. So instead of whining and crying about the life you have work harder on preparing a good future for yourself so you don't have to complain. What’s in the past is in the past that's not important anymore creating and having a good future is what's important because people shouldn't live in the past and look forward to the future. The best way to make your future better is to have good friends and positive thinking. People have to learn not to let your life run you. Choose to have your life manageable and good! The most important thing in life is to be happy and make sure you’re not on the streets begging for money or food.

Having children is optional. Not everybody needs kids to be happy. Some people that are married believe that they have to have children to keep their husband around, but sometimes the stress and complaining and craziness with school and sports and other projects that come with having children. Trying to make a life to make other people happy isn’t going to work for you, to be successful in life is for you to be happy yourself not to make others happy. Sometimes spending your life trying to make others happy could make you miserable.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 06:10 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 46

Timothy C

May Free Write

Many Reasons To Get A Drink.

In class? Bored? Tired? Here is your cure. Get a drink. Getting a drink during class solves multiple problems. Such as you can go for walk, see your friends in the hall, and get hydrated for a lav. pass during the next class.

First getting a drink lets you get out of class for a walk. You get exercise. Walking will help! You get your blood moving through your veins. Even if you do go for a walk to get a drink you might still be tired when you walk back into your classroom. It doesn’t cure fatigue but you get exercise.

Second you might know that your friends are out in the hall waiting for you. Seeing your friends just may help you cheer up. If you see your friends in the hall you might just get out of your sleepiness. Maybe you will talk to some of your teachers to blow time.

The third reason for getting a drink is that you are guaranteed to get a pass to go use the lav during the next class. That also means that you can do the same thing over again. While you’re out for the lav, you can get another drink and do everything over again.

In conclusion, get a drink every period. Use the lav. Meet your friends. Repeat. Can’t guarantee that you will pass.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:57 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 41

May Free Write

How do you feel about life? Do you feel as if you should live it to fullest, because I do. I've learned many things in life, and here's some advice to you.

As we grow up we all learn that even the one person that was never supposed to let you down probably will. You'll have your heart broke, and you are bound to break others. You'll fight with your best friend, or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. Take too many pictures, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. You have to live life to the fullest, tell someone off, and tell someone how much they mean to you. Don't be afarid, and don't hold back. All you need is twenty seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come out of it. Speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't worry about what people think. Don't be afraid to take chance, or fall in love, and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend anger or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

That is my advice to you. Someday everything will make perfect sense, so for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding your self that everything happens for a reason. Live every day like it's your last because someday you just may be right.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 02:01 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 35

May Free write

Duramax or Cummins or Power stroke

Zoom there goes a Duramax flying by, 30 minutes later there comes the Cummins and Power stroke he was just racing

Duramax is a great running truck.

Cummins just rust apart.

Power stroke just blow up

Duramaxs look great.

Cummins look like a shark’s nose.

Power strokes aren’t to bad looking when they are on the road.

A Duramax can pull any hill around with any weight on.

A Cummins could get stuck on the smallest hill around with no weight on.

Power strokes aren’t even on the road to try to climb a hill.

Duramax ride like a Cadillac.

Cummins ride like a horse and buggy.

Power strokes ride pretty smooth if you can get them to the road.

Duramaxs and Power stroke have 8 cylinders.

Cummins only have 6 cylinders.

Duramaxs are the best sounding diesel truck there is.

Power strokes sound like a mad bumble bee.

Cummins sounds like my dog dying.

That’s why Duramax is better than Cummins and Power strokes.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 01:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

May Free Write

Like an alcoholic is attracted to the lip of a bottomless bottle with only a few drops left, for really he knows the bottle never could really empty, it simply can’t, or how a tobacco pipe smoker finds pleasure in little else than his meerschaum, I am have yet to find at least five things that give me more enjoyment then reading fine literature, poetry mostly. With that being said, I am completely and utterly unashamed of what I'm about to announce. When it comes to poets, no one is as fickle as I when it comes to who is their favorite. However there is one poet I cannot shake from my conscience the guilt I feel when I don't consider him my favorite. W.B. Yeats (the W.B. stands for William Butler, and I will not tolerate mistaking him for Keats!). This will not be a lecture on how I believe class and rich culture is going to the dogs, I've done that one so many times even I'm sick of it, though I certainly could. No, this blog will simply be to acknowledge the greatest Irish poet of all time.

W.B. Yeats (Last name pronounced ‘Yates’, yes I will now admit for the public to see that you were right Miss Transue) was born on June 13th, 1865 (I mean…he COULD have toughed it out and lived to be 146-year-old so I could have met him) in Sandymount, Dublin, Ireland and died at in 1939 at the age of 73 in Menton, France. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1923 ‘for his always inspired poetry, which in a highly artistic form gives expression to the spirit of a whole nation’. I’m not here though to acknowledge him by stating dry facts that anybody can look up on the Internet and find within two minutes (I just felt the need to incorporate that he won the Nobel Prize). I plan on appreciating by…well…being a slight fangirl.

The first poem I had ever read of his was one that I found in a book of the top 500 Poems of English Literature that I found rummaging through my father’s office in our upstairs one day and decided to take. I’m extremely glad I did to, it just looked so sad there collecting dust….It is also a poem I could quote by heart called ‘When You Are Old’,

WHEN YOU ARE OLD

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,

And nodding by the fire, take down this book,

And slowly read, and dream of the soft look

Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,

And loved your beauty with love false or true,

But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,

And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,

Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled

And paced upon the mountains overhead

And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

--William Butler Yeats 

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever read in my life, and it did not fill me with pitiful envy like so many great works often do. It did one of the rarest things a writer can do to me. It only inspired me and made me feel warmth inside. It was something that hadn’t been done in years since I decided to take writing seriously.

SO IN CONCLUSION(  (=   )...my typical view on things that I love such as artists, bands, and writers (and yes, I know this is bad), is to keep them to my greedy self. I would be doing a great dishonor to Mr. Yeats if I continued to do so to him. I believe that he would want his voice to live on even years after his death, so I encourage all of you, if his poem more than tickled your fancy, you genuinely find fewer pleasures in life than reading fine literature, and you do not think you will soon cast his works aside like a month-old newspaper, read as many poems of his that you can. He was a wonderful man who wrote poetry that certainly was, ’always inspired poetry, which in a highly artistic form gives expression to the spirit of a whole nation’.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 03:02 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 38

Turkey Hunting

Gobble. Gobble. The moon is still out. The stars are shining. This is spring turkey season in PA. This is the time of year that the foliage turns green. This is when all the hunters are out and hidden hoping to get the big gobbler. Some things I will tell you about turkey hunting is the things you need. Like guns, calls and camo clothing.

The first thing is the type of gun you need. In spring you need to have a shotgun. My favorite gun is a twenty gauge because it fits me comfortable. You can also use twelve gauges they shoot farther and are faster.

Another thing is calls there are many types. Some of the calls are mouth calls, slate calls and box calls. Hunters use these to call a turkey in close to shoot that big bad gobbler.

Finally the last thing you need is good camo. This is so the turkeys who hav amazing eye sight cannot see you. This betters your chances of getting that bird. There are many places to sit but the best is next to a tree.

In conclusion, some of the things you need are guns, calls and camo clothes. These will all help better a hunters chances of bagging that bird.

Article posted May 23, 2012 at 02:02 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 35

May Freewrite

Look in the sky, it’s a bird, it’s a plane, no its SuperBlaise. Not only could he fly though he also had super strength and could pick up almost anything! Lastly he had amazing speed.

One day SuperBlaise was flying in Pennsylvania when a Curtis appeared. SuperBlaise saw the criminal holding a puppy hostage. SuperBlaise knew he needed to save this puppy from its crazy kidnapper.

Within seconds SuperBlaise was standing in front of Curtis and his victim. “Release that puppy now”, SuperBlaise commanded.

Curtis then proceeded to say, “Or what?”

SuperBlaise would not be talked to in this tone of voice. He grabbed Curtis by the britches and threw him into a lake. Curtis Stood back up, and yelled, “Now I’m wet!” Poor Curtis ran away crying, and went home to play with his stuffed pink unicorn. Now Curtis made up his mind he wasn’t going to be evil anymore. He would live at his house with his mom, and his puppy Steve.

Then at the end of all this SuperBlaise was the best superhero. This was because he destroyed all the evil in the world. It was official he was the greatest superhero ever, even better than Superman.

Later on that evening SuperBlaise found out that the puppy really was Curtis’. SuperBlaise and Curtis lived a peacefully happily ever after.

May Freewrite

Have you ever wished you had a super power? Do you ever just want to fly? And to read peoples minds? I have and my friends as well. Most of my friends didnt want a superpower, but there's a few who do. Here are the people and there powers.

Shane(Sponge): Copy/Absorb powers. That means I can just take whos ever power I want.

Chris(Beast): Werewolf/ Reads minds. He can read peoples minds without them knowing.

Travis(Priest): Holy/Priest. Hes the holiest person in the world.

Ben(Time lord): Stops time/ Telekiness. He can freeze time, and do whatever he wants.

Jake(Inferno): Fire/ Fireballs. He can make fire with his hands.

Summer(Angel): flying/ Invisible. Shes the fastest flier in the world

Kyler(Speedy): Super speed/ Strength. Hes the fastest and strongest guy in the world.

Mark(Dark lord): Shadows. He's like a vampire.

Bobbi(Elder): Regenerative powers. She has every power and help us with ours.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, Im a teenager writing about my friends with super powers. Once in a while you have to dream, so GET OVER IT! We all have a kid in us, what's yours?

Article posted June 1, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

May Freewrite

Have you ever had that one person that you went to with all your problems? All of your secrets? Or just to call and say hello? Is that person always there for you when you need them the most? In my eyes a best friend is someone who you can do the dumbest stuff with and they laugh right along with you. They shouldn’t judge you on how you look or what you’ve done. When people say your past is your past for a reason I agree with that fully. Your best friend shouldn’t judge you on your past they should be looking to the right now and have fun with who they have fun with. I also think that a best friend is that person who acts like your sister more than just a friend.

If I had to choose one person to say that was my best friend that would have to be my grandpa Ruhf. He passed away when I was 3 years old. He and I did everything together since the day he left. When he was still alive we used to go fishing after he got home from work every day. We would go to my uncle’s ponds and stay there till it was just about dark. I was only really little when he was alive but I still think he was my best friend. Even if he was still here to this day I could go to him about anything that was bothering me. He was just one of those people that you could talk to about anything. He and I had so much in common so there was never a dull moment.

The second person that I can honestly call my best friend would Ryleigh. I can say she’s my best friend is because we could be so mad at each other one minute then the next we’ll be laughing about it. She’s always there for me whenever I need her. Whenever I have a bad day she’s the one of the first people I go to and tell her what was wrong. The good thing about having a true best friend would be that they can tell when you’re upset and need to talk. They keep asking what is wrong till you finally give in and finally tell them what is on your mind. She is one of those people that doesn’t judge you on your past or what you say if it’s dumb. I could be having the worst day and she always knows how to make me smile. When you tell her something she just doesn’t answer with one word she tries to help you out the best way she can. If she cannot help you she’ll make sure that someone does. The thing I love the most about having a best friend would be that sometimes they don’t know what to say but you know they were listening. Sometimes that’s all people need is for someone to listen to them and hear what they have to say. I wouldn’t know what to do if it wasn’t for my family and close friends. They are my life they come before anything. Seeing those people you love happy just makes feel even better about myself.

Article posted May 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 53

May Free Write

WRITING ABOUT YOLO CAUSE YOLO

I YOLO. You YOLO. He, she, we YOLO. You only live once, they say. The phrase YOLO seems to have originated from modern musician, Drake. His song "The Motto" is all about "YOLO." This blog article will be dedicated to YOLO.

People say YOLO before or after they do something dumb. But hey, guess what! Riddle me this: if you realize that you only live once, and it is a concern of yours, WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING TO JEOPARDIZE THAT ONLY LIFE YOU HAVE? It just doesn't make sense! I understand that you want to live it up and have a great time in life, but YOLO just doesn't work. Try the Latin phrase "carpe diem," meaning "seize the day." If nothine else, you sound intelligent saying it...until that becomes the new YOLO, that is.

Many people say it when they do dumb stuff. "I just drank four energy drinks. YOLO!" Or "I got in a fight with that guy! YOLO!" It's absolutley ridiculous. However, I won't lie. Sometimes, I do let slip a YOLO here and there. For example, at a social event at which people were asked to hold all clapping to the end, I clapped for my friends. I then proceded to say "BROKE THE NO-CLAP RULE! YOLO!" The difference is that I'm joking. My best friend even told me she was going to make a YOLO Jar. Every time I say it, I have to put in a quarter. So, I hope to be dropping the term from my vocabulary soon.

Now I conclude my speech on YOLOs and YOLOing. I'm guilty of it too. I'll drop it if you will. Go make a YOLO Jar. The world will be a better place.

May free write

My Future

What do you want to do when you grow up?  I want to be a Toys-R-Us kid!! Just kidding I want to be a heavy equipment operator.

My parents and I made an agreement

That I have to go to College but

They are going to pay for it.

Because I would not be going to college if they were not going to pay for it

So that sounded good to me

I plan on going to Penn Tech

To be a Heavy Equipment Operator

It is a two year school

And I plan on going for my Associate degree

Then I will work for my dad driving truck

Until I get enough money to buy my own equipment

And truck to move it.

Then I will have by then have family

And start to build my own house

My first truck I want a duramax diesel

But that will not happen.

That is going to be my future!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 01:50 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 36

May Freewrite

It's almost here!! Summer is almost here, there is less than two weeks of school left. Right about now everybody is getting pumped up for Summer and nobody feels like being in school right now. All that you have on your mind is the summer....going swimming, hanging out with friends, going on vacation, sleeping in and enjoying the beautiful weather. Who would actually feel like being in school when all they can think about is that?!

I know that one of the things I can't stop thinking about right now is hanging out with friends. I love when you can just stay up all night going night swimming, camping out, dancing, and acting like complete weirdos. When you hang out with friends during the weekend you're having fun, but you're dreading that you still have to go back to school in a couple of days. During the summer though you know that school won't happen for a couple of months.

Another thing that I love about summer is going on vacation. My family goes to North Carolina, Outer Banks every other year or sometimes every year. This year we are going and I'm so excited to just enjoy the ocean, beach volleyball, long bikerides, swimming, crazy card games and everything else that we do. I also love hanging out with all of my family. Hanging out with my family isn't such a bad thing because we know how to actually have fun. Sometimes when people go to the beach they just sit on the sand and do nothing, but we're not like that. Also knowing that you don't have school coming up quickly, it makes it all the better to just be able to relax and not be stressed out.

The summer always has the best weather, that is why I love it so much. It's usually always sunny and hot which makes it the best season of all. During the school year, you always look forward to the summer because when you're in school you know that it could be really nice out, but you're stuck in school and not enjoying the fresh air. When the day hits when you can actually be out of school I always want to be outside and you should take advantage of the summer because when it's over you are stuck back into a class room for the next one hundred eighty school days.

Hanging out with friends, going on vacation, and the beautiful weather are onnly parts of why the Summer is so great. When we get out of school, go outside and enjoy the nice summer days because the summer is only so long.

Article posted May 29, 2012 at 06:50 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 37

May Freewrite

Eleven Months, 6 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes. Yeah that’s how long iv been with my boyfriend now. Preston and I have been together for almost a year now and I decided it would be a good idea to write a poem about our differences and all of the hardships we have had through this past (almost) a year. Preston and I have made it through disapproving parents, having nothing in common, fights, distance, and a 3 year age gap and look at us we are still together. Im going to stop typing now and let you read my poem. Thanks for reading.

How could we make it through this past year?

Eleven months, five days, eight hours, and five minutes

Not quite a year

But baby we are close enough.

Come on baby let’s play this by ear.

I love you

Do you love me?

We are part of one big family.

Your mom likes me

My parents disapprove of you

You’re a city boy from up town

I’m a country girl who listens to mo town

Listen up honey

Times are kind of funny

You work until you bleed

I sing the day away

Eleven months, Five days, seven hours, and 23 minutes

Not quite a year

Baby let’s get to work we have played this by ear

I have to fix this thing we have

We have to make it to a year!

Hold me like a princess

Ill sing you lullabies

Baby don’t make fun of me because my poem doesn’t rhyme

Im in love with you

And I know dang sure you are in love with me.

SO baby please take my hand and we will make a melody.

We will sing our song and ask

How did we make it through this past year.