PSJA

My top reads

Maximum Ride (series), James Patterson, SciFi, fantasy

Daniel X (S), James Patterson, SciFi

The Rangers Apprentice (S), John Flanagan, adventure, realistic/historical fiction

The Last Apprentice (S), Joseph Delaney, horror, adventure, fantasy

The Heritage Cycle (Eragon books), Chris Paolini, adventure, fantasy

Darkest Powers books (The Summoning), Kelley Armstrong, horror, fantasy

Freak the Mighty, Rodman Philbrick, Realistic fiction

Blue is for nightmares(S), Laurie Stolarz, fantasy

The Named (S),Marianne Curley., fantasy

Salt (S) Maurice Gee, adventure, realistic fiction

Once upon a time a kid in Kittery moved to Rye. Sometimes he would ride his bike to Kittery. Then one day the normal bridge he took was closed. He got wicked mad he went past the Macro Polo store down the road a very long ways and crossed the never-ending bridge he went to his friends house and by the time he got there he had chewed a whole pack of gum. He played video games and hung out w/ his friend until his mom told him to go home he got to the golden egg and then she picked him up there. When he got home he told his mom about the long trip across the bridge she then proceeded to tell him that his 2 trips across the never-ending bridge were pointless because the usual bridge he took was open to pedestrians and cyclists.

Learn more about this project

PSJA's Jumpy Stocks

Blue

5/5/10 

The stocks I picked were, Sony (SNE), Adobe Systems Inc. (ADBE), and Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO). I picked SNE because it was well known, on the upward trend, makes a lot of products, and I just like technology. ADBE I bought because it used by a lot of people and I thought it would go up but I was wrong. YHOO I picked because I thought it would be kind of funny since we were using Yahoo! finance.

Some thing I wish I could have changed were... SNE was my best stock because it was constantly bullish until the very end and I wish I had invested more stock in it. I also wish I had bought Pier 1 Imports instead of ADBE because ADBE bearish the whole time. YHOO I don't really feel like changing anything  about it except maybe investing less in that and use more money on SNE.

Some advice i would give to other investors is... When you are buying do your research and pick stocks that have been steady or going upward for the past couple weeks. Don't look at the 52wk range because it may have been going up gradually but might be on the downward trend when you buy it. When you buy a seasonal stock don't keep it too long because it will probably go down when that season is over. Don't keep your stocks to long; the first time it  goes up and makes you a lot, sell, because when people get too greedy and want to keep waiting they can lose a lot of money when it goes down.

One assembly we had was an assembly on our school's garbage . Out of  87.5 lbs  25 lbs went to the landfill, 9 lbs was recycling and 51 lbs was compostable! That's 60 % compostable, 30% goes into a landfill and  10% was recylable, that means that less than 1/2 of our garbage acually didn't had to go into a landfill and more than 1/3 wasn't compostable!

We had a film festival and there were 3 videos. The first video was the story of stuff.  It talked about how the U.S., when we run out of supplies we go to other countries and start polluting their lands and ruining their environment too then sell it at lower price than it cost the people in other countries to make it and labor on it which means they are either underpaid or not paid at all. Then we go out and buy it then eventually throw it away and when we throw it away it either  ends up in a landfill like this

You can enter the text of your blog here!

This is the title card from my speech. I felt like we didnt have enough time to prepare for the speech. I spoke about the personal soundtrack t-shirt from thinkgeek and when I got it for christmas and used it for a prank.

Hello my name is Jaius Rantiya Protius.  I was a Roman legioniar when I was younger. My main purpose was just to attack the enemy army after the calvary and the archers had weakend them. I remeber the time we invaded the Celtic territory called Gaul.

The Celtics were so uncivilized! We went to see their cheif and when I shook his hand the smell was horrible! We saw their buildings and they were the equivillent to one of our temporary camps their buildings were made of mud and straw . Instead of having solid stone walls like ours they had mere hedges! They had such strange ways of  dressing they had weird gold rings around their necks which as far as I could tell served no purpose but their shields were round and oblong and covered the whole body but it was only  made of wood where as ours were rectanguler and reinforced with animal skins. Our spear  also called a pilum would break on contact with a hard surface our idea was very useful in a defensive position whereas the celtic spear which  was barbed so it went in smoothly  and tore the flesh as it came out was better on the offensive level. Our longsword called a gladius was about the same as  the celtic sword. One reason i am alive to write this is because of our superior armor  we had  plate armour  whereas they just  had their shirts and cloaks. When it came to the less... diplomatic area of our contact with the celtics our organized army crushed the head on charge of the Celtics.

Those are my personal thoughts on what most of the Celtics were like, although, the ones that joined Rome weren't half bad but the ones that didn't absolutley despised mother Rome. I hope evryone that reads this will find it very informative.

MLKJ SPEECH

This is a paragraph/short essay on the “I have a dream speech. Martin Luther King JR. delivered this speech on the stairs of the Lincoln memorial, August 28,1963. He was probably very good at speaking because he was a reverend so he was already good at speaking in a way so that many people could hear him. I think that he was speaking to every American because segregation was all over the country. Some important things that he said were that one day everyone would be able to join hands and sing, another would be transforming the jangling discords of our nation, and one last one would be that all men are created equal.

Locations of visitors to this page * a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/31386636@N06/4544089403/" title="Earthcast10 badge by RJH School, on Flickr">Earthcast10 badge