I had to do a project on a European country for my social studies class. We each picked out of hat to find what country we would do. I got Macedonia. I had to look up lots of information for it and it was kind of hard because you don't hear much about Macedonia. I had to write about my country's culture, climate, landscape, history, and I had to find a recipe from that country's culture. I learned a lot about Macedonia that I hadn't known before. I also had to make a works reference that included a source from a book, magazine, encyclopedia, and two websites. Finding a magazine was hard because there isn't that much news about Macedonia. I enjoyed doing this project because I learned new things about Macedonia and found it very interesting.

Recently, our class was assigned to make a survey using Google Forms. We each were assigned a grade to make up three technology based questions for. I got grade 4. To make the survey I went into my Google Drive and hit "create a form." Then I entered my questions and answer choices into the form creater and chose if a person could have more than one answer or only one and if the question was mandatory. Then after the form was set up the fourth graders took my survey during one of their computer classes. There was no difficulty for me with making the forms but I would have changed the way I worded some questions and possible answers. If you want to see my survey click here.                                                                                                                        

After collecting the data from the survey I took the information and turned it into an infographic by using a powerpoint. First, I made four slides, one for the title and three for the questions. Each question was one slide.  Then I saved each slide as a JPEG. Then I made another powerpoint and put each JPEG onto one slide. Finally I saved the new slide as a JPEG and that is how I made my infographic. When making an infographic you have to follow the CARP principles. The C stands for contrast which means the colors you choose for the background and text have to be different. If you have a light background you need a dark text or the other way around. The A stands for alignment. When I lined up the JPEGs onto one slide I had to make sure they were aligned so people can't tell that they are four different slides. THe R stands for repitition, which means that you have to consistant with the colors for the text and back ground and with the shapes or figures you use like the people. The P stands for proximity. Proximity when making an infographic means that the slides are close together when you make the final slide with the four JPEGs so you don't see any empty spaces. Infographics are very helpful because they are easier to read and get to the point about what they are teaching you. Also the pictures are more eye-apealing than just reading a textbook.

In science class we learned Newton's laws of motion or also called Newton's laws of inertia. One of the laws is also called the law of inertia. The law of inertia says that an object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted on by another forceand an object at rest tends to stay in rest unless acted on by another force. The second law says the acceleration of an object depends on the mass of the object and the size of the net force applied. The last law says that when a force is apoplied to an object the object exerts an equl force in the opposite direction. When we finished the chapter in science about forces we started a project. The project was we had to design a roller coaster but before we designed it we each had to write about different jobs which help to make roller coasters. There was the lawyer, a phisicist, a design engineer, and a historian. Each person in the group had a different job.

The lawyer and I had to find out what laws are there in amusement parks, had do amusement parks avoid poeple sueing them, and accidents that happened on roller coasters. The physicist found out what forces were in a roller coaster. The design enginner found out what roller coaster were made of and how they are built. The historian found out what is the tallest, fastest, longest,and the first roller coaster. I was the lawyer and I found out about the different inventions made to keep roller coasters safe. An example is the chain dog. When you go up a hill the chain keeps the coster car from falling backwards.

When we were making the roller coasters we had to have the right amount of momentum, speed, and velocity. We also had to have gravitational force. The first couple  times it didn't work. This is a picture of my failed roller coaster

After several failed roller coasters we got a couple of successes in the end the roller coaster we chose looks like this.

We called our roller coaster Immortality. To create your own roller coaster click here.

During this school year our students in grades 2 through 8 completed the President’s Fitness Challenge. We took part in a variety of physical endurance tests. The sixth grade students charted the results for each event and grade. Here are the results of the Shuttle Run for grade 8. As you can see from the chart below, 21 or 70% of the students achieved Presidential Level, 7 or 23% of the students achieved National Level, and 2 or 7% of the eighth graders were at Participant Level.

Description of the Event

Qualifying scores   

In social studies we learned about the egyptians and their gods and goddesses. I made this glog about the god Sobek. I hope you learn about Sobek through the glog I made. To veiw my glog full size click here.

KM: Thank you, King Tut, for coming and answering my questions. Many Americans think you are the most famous Egyptian pharaoh who ever lived. If you are ready I would like to start asking my questions.  

KT: I am happy to be here and to answer your questions.                                                     

KM: When you came into rule the people were unhappy with what your father did. What did he do? 

KT: My father Akhenaten changed the religion in Egypt. His religion said there was only one god named Aten. I changed the religion back to what it used to be and changed my birth name Tutankhaton to Tutankhamun when I was in rule.

KM:Some historians believe you were a warrior. Others say you weren't one. What do you think about this? 

KT: Historians think I was a warrior because I was trained as a young boy to be a warrior. Also because in my tomb there were six chariots and weapons that showed signs of use. Some people belive I wasn't phisically strong enough to be a warrior. They think this because of all the walking sticks and staffs in my tomb.

KM: Some historians think you were murder but new research shows another cause. What do think the real story is and why? 

KT: Histoians belive I was murdered because I had a bash on my head and an injury in my theigh. There are also some prople who wanted the throne. They also think I was murdered by Ay because he wanted the throne or a servant did it because they were people who could get close enough to me to do it.  

KM: People think there is a curse of king Tut but others say that it is not real. What do you think about the curse? 

KT: People believe the curse started with Lord Carnavon started the curse. When he dicovered the tomb it was said that all the lights went out where he ruled. Later when shaving he cut a mosquito bite and got infected. He died from the infection. When people unwrapped my mummy they found a mark on me in the same spot the mosquito bit was on Lord Carnovon. Reporters started to make stories abot "The Curse of King Tut" but research showed most people died from a bacteria.

KM: What happened after your death? 

KT: After my death historians aren't really sure what happened. Some think my wife Nefertiti  ruled after my death. Others think that my brother ruled.

KM: Why is your tomb so well known? 

KT: My tomb is well known because it is the only one untouched by tomb robbers historians have found. I was buried with with furniture, jewelry, games, weapons, and models of food, animals, and boats. They buried these with me so I could bring them to the after life.

KM: Thank you for coming and anwering my questions.

KT: You are welcome and I enjoyed answering your questions.

Resources:

http://www2.fi.edu/tut/about.html

http://www2.fi.edu/tut/reign3.html

http://www2.fi.e  du/tut/pharaoh3.html

www.kingtutone.com/tutankhamun/ 

www2.fi.edu/tut/curse.htmll

www.site-ology.com/egypt/KT.HTM  

www.kingtutone.com/tutankhamun/life/

Article posted September 27, 2011 at 03:39 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 95

7 random facts about me are:

1. I have a cat named Ceaser.

2. I also have a turtle named MIckey and fish.

3. I play the guitar.

4. I love to cook.

5. I take hip-hop lessons in dance.

6. Soccer is my favorite sport.

7.  I also play basketball and softball.

I am going to tell you about three of the amendments of our Constitution.One of the Amendments lets us have freedom of religion which allows us to believe in any religion we want. Another one is freedom of speech which gives us the right to say what is o our mind. One more allows us to petition the government. There are more but these are only three of them.

There are seven articles in our Constitution. The first one outlines the Legislative Branch (Congress). The second one lays out the framework of the Executive Branch (President, Vice President). The third one outlines the Judicial Branch (Supreme Court). The fourth one talks about the relations with the sates and the Federal Government and the states themselves. The fifth one tells how the Constitution can be changed. The sixth one makes it clear that Constitution is the law of the land. Finally, the seventh one says the Constitution will take action when it is approved by nine states. This happened on June 27, 1788 when New Hampshire voted its approval. These are the seven articles in our Constitution.

The three principals of the Constitution are:

1.The separation of powers

2. Checks and balance between the branches

3. Shared powers

These principals make sure that no branch is overpowered by another and make our country a Federation.