For social studies class, I was learning about European countries. For a project, I was to randomly pick out of a basket a European country. I chose England, which I was very excited about. Once I was assigned my country, I had to make a google document and start my project. The project explains the climate, landforms, currency, government and much more. This project was to be done at home. After about two months of work, my project was finished! I was very pleased with all the research and information I collected. You can see my project below. Enjoy!

For computer class, I had to do a survey on the kindergarten class at my school. I used google and created a Google Form. I had to ask questions about technology and how they use it. I asked them multiple questions and got plenty of answers that you can see in the chart to the left. However, I did have some problems making this. I ran into color scheme and color text problems, but after fooling around with the color button, the problem was solved. To make my infographic different, I could have used different images throughout it, but I liked what I had. You can click here to view my survey.

The process of constructing my infographic took some time, but I got it fiished. First, I had to open PowerPoint and get four slides ready for use. Next, I had to get all the writing done and prepare to get my pie charts ready. After I had my charts ready, I pasted them onto the slides. Next, I had to create some pictures to go along with the question I had asked. Finally, I had to save each slide and put them in an infographic form, which is basically a long rectangle. To make my infograhic, I had to follow the CARP principals. That is: contrast, alignment, repetiton, and proximity. Contrast is the color scheme and how it goes with the color text. Alignment is how are the pictures, text, and charts aligned and are they aligned equally. Repetition is did you repeat anything and how often did you repeat it. Proximity is how far the text, pictures and charts are spaced out. Infographics are an easy way to explain things without the use of lengthy paragraphs. It mostly is used with pictures and a few sentences. Infographics are best to use for explaining and describing. To view my infographic full size, click here

In science class we are learning about forces and had to come up with a roller coaster and build it online. We also learned about Newton's Three Laws of Motion. The first Law of Motion states that an object at rest stays at rest unless acted on by an outside force. An object in motion stays in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force. The Second Law of Motion states that acceleration of an object depends on the mass of the object and the size of the net force applied. The net force will increase and the acceleration will increase. The Third Law of Motion states that when a force is applied to an object, the object exerts in an equal force in the opposite direction. 

In each group we had a physicist, a lawyer, a historian and a design engineer. The physicist would estimate the heights of the hills and the number of loops in the roller coaster. Velocity and momentum usually are a big part of the job. The lawyer would find out the laws and regulations for the roller coaster. The historian would find the history of the roller coaster and how roller coasters have changed. I was the design engineer. The design engineer would find out the materials you would use to build the roller coaster. The design engineer would also look at the terrain, surrounding rides, power lines, roads, lakes, and trees. While learning this I also learned that your inertia keeps you in the roller coaster car. Especially while in a loop.

When my team finally finished the project our roller coaster was a success, but we had a little trouble along the way.

This is my team's roller coaster design when it failed in the simulator. The reason it failed was because after the last hill it didn't have enough of a hill to stop the coaster car from moving. The final name our team chose for our roller coaster was Pretzel Twist. If you would like to make your own roller coaster creation, click here.

During this school year our students in grades 2 through 8 completed the President’s Fitness Challenge. We took part in a variety of physical endurance tests. The sixth grade students charted the results for each event and grade. Here are the results of the Curl Up for grade 6. As you can see from the chart below, 8 or _26%  of the students achieved Presidential Level, 15 or 48% of the students achieved National Level, and 8 or 26% of the sixth graders were at Participant Level.

Description of the Event

Qualifying scores

We were talking about ancient Egypt in social studies class. I was assigned the Egyptian goddess Ankhet.  Enjoy! To view my glog fullsize click here

King Tut is one of the world's most famous pharaohs, but a lot of people don't know why. So I did an interview on him, and this is what he said:

1. What was your Father's name? What was your mother's name?
My father's name was Akhenaten, first known as Amenhotep. My mother's name was Kiya.

2. Why are you so famous? When was your tomb robbed? I am so famous because my tomb was in almost perfect condition. My tomb had been robbed once very soon after I was put in, but everything lost was replaced as soon as possible.

3. When did you become pharaoh? What number pharaoh were you to inherit the throne at a young age? I became pharaoh during ancient Egypt's New Kingdom era, about 3,300 years ago. When I inherited the throne I was the 18th dynasty pharaoh.

4. Why are you the best known pharaoh? I am the best known pharaoh because of the wealth of treasures-including a solid gold death mask-found in my surprise discovery of my intact tomb in 1922.

5. Where is your tomb located? My tomb is located in Valley of the Kings.

6. 
What was your first action as pharaoh? Why did you move away from the Armarna religion? My first action as pharaoh was to move away from the Armarna religion because my father's belief in one god, the Aten, had proved to be quite unpopular with the people.

Thank you for listening to my interview on King Tut.

Resources:

King Tut 

King Tut One

About King Tut

National Geographic King Tut

Image Credit:

Tut-Anch-Amon by malavoda

1. I am a dancer.

2. I was born on Leap Year.

3. I play volleyball.

4. I love chocolate fudge brownies.

5. I want to be on Broadway one day.

6. I like hanging out with my friends.

7. I like school.

I am going to explain the amendments to the Constitution.  The eleventh amendment made a correction to the court system.  The sixteenth amendment gives the federal government the right to collect incomtaxes.  The ninteenth amendment gives women the right to vote in all state and federal elections. These are three amendments to the Constitution.

I am going to explain the Seven Articles. First is the preamble or the introduction. The preamble tells the world that this government has been established and created by the people.  Article one outlines the legislative or law-making branch of the government. Article two lays out the framework of the executive branch. Article three outlines the judicial branch. Article four talks about the relationship between the states. Article five explains why the constitution can be changed or ammended. Article six makes it clear that the constitution is the supreme law of the land. Lastly Article seven says that the constitution will go into affect when it is completed by nine states.

I am going to talk about the three Principals. The first Principal is the Separation of Powers. The Separation of Powers is the Legislative Branch, Executive Branch, and Judicial Branch. The third Prinipal is Checks and Balances. Checks and Balances it means that it has authority of all the other Branches. Checks and Balances also means that it limits the powers of each branch. The third Principal is Shared Powers. Shared Powers makes sure that the Federal or Central Government shares powers with the states.