Copyright (c) 2014 by Julie Cleghorn Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Julie Cleghorn -- Blogmeister

6th Graders Blog-

6th Grade Language Arts at SWE

Welcome to the 6th grade blog! Here you will find all kinds of writing we are doing in 6th grade. We focus on narrative, opinion and expository writing so that is mostly what you will find here. Please leave a comment about what you think of the writing you see.

by Julie Cleghorn

Word Choice

Title: Middle School (03/12/12)
Description: You all are about ready to enter middle school. What are your fears about this next adventure? What are you looking forward to? What are you doing to help prepare yourself for this part of your life?

Article posted October 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM GMT-8 • comment (2) • Reads 55

Hey guys!This is a pic on the show,Adventure Time!Some of you might know what this show is,if so,which character is your favorite?Answer in the comments!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 57

1.The reason I am scared of middle school is that I might get to class late and I might get into trouble by the teachers.So I will try to get to class early and start doing my work. 

2.I am looking forward to new friends and having new classes.I am also looking forward to getting my own locker.

3.I am preparing myself for middle school by getting new school supplies, getting to class on time and making sure all of my pencils are sharpened.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 54

1.The reason i'm scared of middle school is that i might be late to my classes because of hallway traffic. So I will try to get to class early or on time.

2. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and my old friends, new classes, and getting my own locker.

3. I'm preparing myself for middle school by getting new school supplies, getting to class on time, and making sure that I have a pencil in class.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

The thing that I think is most scary about middle school is that I don't  know any of the teachers.I am looking forward to being at a different school because I have been at the same school for a long time.I am going to prepare myself  for middle school by paying attention in school.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 64

The day I start middle school I will be shy in meeting new kids since my friends will be gone.I'm looking foward to meeting new people and kind teachers. I will prepare for middle school by saying goodbye to...

Mrs .Waltrip and getting the supplies for middle school.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 57

In Middle School I'll be scared of the mean teachers and the older kids.I'll also be scared of all the classes and homework we will have.I'll be looking foward to the food because the food here taste artificial and nasty.I'll also be looking foward to the new friends I'll meet.Another reason is that i'll move to a new school instead of staying at the same one every year.Im preparing for middle school by getting new school suplies and studying.I'll study by reading and paying more atention to class than I do now.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 62

What  is the most scary think in middle school is the teachers because they might be mean to the kids and the new kides and the football players. What I'm looking forward to is the middle school partys and new friends  because the new kids might have the most friends and the teachers might like him. I'm prepare myself by doing good in school and by studing and playing more sports.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 68

Middle school were wegies are common,were spitballs fly,were disaster strikes! Soon us six graders will become kindergardeners to the 8 graders and lose our power to them.so thats what I'm scared of the 8th graders! soon all boys will become pimpsqeacks to them and girls well will become huger talkers (but I think they all started it already) #2 I'm looking up to becoming a teen and going to high school and playing the sax,clairanet,drums and trumpet. #3 I'm going to prepare like the pepole in doomsday prepers (on netgeo) by acting cool becoming strong or gest leave them alone,if you leave them alone they will to.so I dont know what you plan on doing so tell me on a comment or tell me to read yours.This is sharkboy saying bye

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

In middle school I will be afraid of big wegies givers.once I now who they are they better watch out for my peper spray.thenIwill go and use my secret weopon.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 54

When I get in to middle school i am going to get in to the soccer team.I hope the teachers are nice . iI dont want to get bad grades I want alot more break so i can chill in the summer

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 55

Middle school here I come!! YEA!  Whats scary about middle school is that it's such a big school I have to learn my way around and meat new people! And I don't alwas like to meat new people!!! I am looking forward to having new teachers (Even though i love the teachers here) and finding out how well I do in school!! Also I'm looking forward to seeing my friends that went here for 5th grade then moved there to 6th grade!! I'm going to study more and bee prepared for more homework by doing more work at home!! I also will be prepared for working harder to get good grades and to make honor roll!! I hope everyone loves middle school and has a fantastic time!!!- Cozymonster:)

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 49

I'm going to work making my grades beter.And start waking up at 6:00am.The thing that is scarrey to me is the teechers that will hate me the first day.I'm looking tord all the sports.I will have all the good classes.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 69

I am going to middle school next year and I can't wait! There is some stuff that I fear though. Here are the things that I am scared of. I am scared of middle school because I am scared that I won't make any new friends. Another thing is meeting new people. I am so shy when it comes to people I don't know. I am also scared of having to much homework and not being able to turn it all in on time. There are some things that i need to prepare for middle school too. I will perpare myself for middle school by buying all the supplies I need. Like a binder, pencils, binder paper, hilighters, and markers!  I am looking forward to things at middle school too! Here are some things that I am looking forward to in middle school! I am looking forward to making new friends, having lockers, and having new teachers! These are the stuff that I fear, what I need to do to prepare for middle school, and some stuff that I am looking forward to in middle school!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 56

Q: What is scary about middle school?

A: What's scary about middle school is that the work is harder and if you do something wrong and if you don't care the teachers don't care. Whatever you do reflects on the teacher. Also in middle school, your the babies and the 8th graders are the big kids. It's really intimidating actually.

Q: What are you looking forward to?

A: I'm looking forward to the lunches, the sports, and how many friends I can make and the new teachers I'm going to meet, especially the science teacher. I actually don't like science but it's growing on me!

Q: What are you doing to prepare yourself?

A: I wil probably ask my parents and older cousins, but my friends will be there for me if I have any problems. I'm sure going to help those who need my help too. What's worse than seeing someone being left out of a group.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 58

The thing thats scary about middle school is that there are lockers. I am lokking forward to take a language class in middle school. I could prepare for middle school by asking my brother about it.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

I think middle school is going to be scary because it will be bigger than elementary school and there will be a lot more kids there,and we will have at least 7 different classes.I am looking foward to seeing SOME of my frinds from last year and having are own little minni teams for p.e. I am going to pepare for middle school by focousing in class=http://=http://=http://=http://!!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

Iam going 2 middle school next  year and iam sooooooooooo nervoes because I am moving in the summer so i won't  know any oneeeeeeee.  What Iam  looking forward 2 is metting new people. Iam pearpring myself  by buying new outfits and starting my life over.   

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 46

I am looking for word to beter food and lockers.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 51

have you ever wondered what middle shool would be like? Well I have and I imagine it being scary finding all these new classes, making new friends, and ovcourse all the eigth graders looking at you making fun of because you have no clue what your doing. Wow that gives me the chills thinking about it. Well there are good things i look forward to  LOCKERS wre you put all your extra so don't drop everything as you walk down  the hall back in forth to class to class, and friends the people that stick up for you no matter what. But to make it easyer on me organization.b You need oranization to  make it easyer to find the things for each class and so get good grades to your self so you can graduate and go to high school the next scary place but, I'll give you my oppion on that later on.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 64

the scary thing in middel school would being the middel person you mite get piked on its like your in sixth grade your at the top because your maybe still in a elementry building and u move on to seventh and your at the middel

im looking foward to playing lots  of sports and mostly b-ball and hanging out with my bffls and new teachers o and TRACK.

i will be more on task and more orginizedane more resposeple

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 57

1. I am looking forword to making new  friends ,  the locker that I will get and  iam going to goin strings there so i am also looking forword to that in middle school .

2. the scarry things about middle school is middle school is harder than elementry school ,the new teachers we will get and the new things about middle school.

3.I am  trying to wake up early in the morning so that I don't have problem waking up early when I am in middle school .

I am really excited about middle school . I am also kind of scared about middle school but I think it's going to be fun.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 55

So I've got some questions about middle school, Let's take a look at the questions

1. What's going  to be scary about middle school? Well hmmm... I would have to say being the new kid. It always gives me butterflies even at this age I think everyone can relate to that.    

2. What are you looking forward to? We'll meeting new people and finally having a locker, so not just any one can get hold of my stuff.

3. What are you doing to prepare yourself? I dont think there's a really way to prepare your self but to try to do your best in school.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 59

I am so excited for middle school! But I am also very scared. I'm afraid because there are gong to be A LOT more kids. Which means more drama!!!!  Also, because the school work counts on more resposibility, time, and hard work. But i think I can do it! I am really looking foward to having a bigger school, and having a locker!!! I am going to make new friends. But what im most excited about is trying out for the VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!  What i'm going to do to prepare for Middle School is Working harder!

BTRAS01 OUT!!! PEACE!!!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

Takeing showers with other guys. To see new hot chicks.  just see what happens and do my best.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

In middle school I look forward to funding bigger and better books to read in the school library. In middle school I will be afraid of the 8th graders they will be really tall.I will prepare for middle school by getting good grdaes in the last trimester this year.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 47

Hey everyone, as some of you may know next year all of us (6th graders) are going off to middle school so I've decided to tell you some things about middle school that I think are scary, what I'm looking forward to and what I'm going to do to prepare my self. What I think that is scary about middle school is that I'm switching a school I have only been to for several musical purposes and know nothing about where to go or anything I'm also worried about teachers and whether they will be nice or mean... I've also heard we have way more homework than we do now so wish me luck. I'm looking forward to having lockers and different classes. I'm going to prepare myself bytaking EVERYTHING out of my backpack and making sure its clean I am going to make sure no matter what when we get homework or a project to do I am going to try to do most of it once I get it so I dont have to worry...

TALK TO YA L8ER BYE=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://                   -Donaldduck

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

What im scared about going to middle school is getting shoved in a locker. Taking a shower with other boys. All of my friends not going to the same middle school.I am lookin 

foword to makin lots of more friends.The lunches.Track and all of the other activities.

Im going to do all of my homework get good grades and be on honor roll.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 50

Middle school, Middle school is really scary when your a girl, But boys are fine. Girls have girl possys and are rude to you, and try to put you down. But What I am looking foward to it's  the classes there and their actitvitys.Well I perpare myself with having a good self of steam and being perpard for the worse but I dont care what people say about me. I am just going to be myself and do my best! :)

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

1.I think that the new teachers are going to be scary and all thoose hallways.I'm also going to have a hard time with lockers.

2.I'm looking forward to the sports and the songs they have for stringes.Also new pplz I'm gonna meet.

3.I am waking up ay 6 in the morning and teaching myself about lockers by using my sister's.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 49

I am excited for middle school.I cant wait to have my own locker  and go to a bigger school.I will be a little nervous considering that it will be my first year of middle school.I'm planning on doing sports and other extra calicular activities.So i am excited to go to middle school!!!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 52

Im am looking forward to middle school because i will be able to have lockers and not have to carry everything around.I will  have alot of class's with a lot of teachers .Iwill sign up for basketball and be good at it . 

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 51

Nothing is really scary about middle schoold besides the fact big people might trash you in the dumpsters.

I'm looking forward to playing wrestling in 8th grade and of course.

If i'm going to prepare for middle school which i'm not i would just go in and act like nothing happened.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 228

Going to gym class and sweching clothes.walking to school and having fun there. Meting new teachers and seeing how fun science is. prepare for miiddle school i well read more

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 43

The things i am scared about middle school is that we will get too much work and we might get beat up by older kids. 

I am looking forward to getting new teachers and going to a new school after being at the same school for 7 years.

I am going to prepair myself by going to a friends house and act like i am in middle school so i dont have to worry about it anymore.

That's my blog about Middle school.

-Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo

Please comment me!!! I am awesome though!! :) (:

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 58

first of let me tell u what i think is scary of middle school.Ithink there will be alot of bullying in middle school,harder work,MORE HOMEWORK.honistly im not looking forward for anything to do with middle school of school in genral.i hope i can learn spanish in middle school and im already learning right now.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 34

Im looking forward in middle school because ill have lockers ,i will have a bunch of classes and some cool teachers.I will sign up for basketball and be good at it ill try hard. 

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 52

There are going to be bigger kid then me.Being on the basketball team and new freinds .Getting up like that 5:00 and need ready to go to school that like 6:30

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 51

I'm in the 6th grade this year and in September I'm starting middle school next year, but wit al mi educatshun it shood b a brease. I'm kind of afraid of science, and history, and being the youngest. I'm looking foward to beginning a grade though. I'm trying to work really hard to prepare and I can't wait. 

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 38

I can't wait for middle shcool. I might get push around by other kids and get to meet others that I don't know.

I'm looking forward to sign up for the basketball game and win it for the team.

I'm getting prepare for getting good grades and pass middle school.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 51

What is scary about Middle School? getting detention and in big trouble. I am looking forward to  getting good grades.To prepare myself for middle school,  I am going to not be late to classes and I am going to do all of my homework. I am not going to get into any trouble with any teachers I am going to stick to myself.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

What I think that scary in middle school is all the older kids have them pic on me or bully one of my freinds.but some thing else is the bathrooms because I think that all the bolys hang out there.

what I am looking for in middle school is the dilsuse food they will have,cause the food hear is discusting' i'm looking fowerd to have my one locker.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 40

#1   A scary thing about middle school is that I think we get more homework each night and theres proabably a middle school Mrs.R=http://=http://=http://=http://!!    

#2   I'm looking forward to having way more periods than before, lots of homework each night, lockers of course and lunches that are not cooked while in plastic.

#3    I'm trying to get way better grade right no so I can go to middle school. Plus, prepare for the new things in middle school like getting organizing folders and a brand new binder. I need to realize better that you have to be more responsable in life like not forgeting my work all the time.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

Hey this is  littlemonster and im going to tell you guys how i fell about middle school!the thing is im really exited for middle school but what im super scared to get thrown into a locker!the awsome thing about middle school is................. LOCKERS!!!! to make sure i dont have any one breack into my locker! i WILL NOT give any one my locker combination!soo thats why im looking forword to middle school!

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 54

Middleschool will be tight.I'll be with all of my best friends form football.It will be awsome.You get lockers. And i won't get shoved in them.I will perpare by doing all my work

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 63

I'm scared of home work in middle school. Also to get kicked out for getting in trouble. and if ill make the basketball game. 

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

I'm scered of  meeting new teachers

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:57 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 48

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:56 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

Middle school  ugh so so........, not the happiest  place where i wanna be.

More home, more subjects, more mean people.

What really scares me is i ganna see people that i didnt really like last year.

Im forwording to see other good friends that i have'nt seen for years.

Im preparing to be ready for middle is im going to work harder on my work, my respones ablity,and my aditude.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 60

megacat in! I'm going to middle school next year and i'm totoly phyked about the real food in the cafatearea! I am definitly not as happy about gym, a giant school, and i'm skared out of my wits by the skegual they set. When I leave i'll miss all my teachers. What i'll do to prepair myself, I dont know! Bye! Megacat over and out.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:51 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 36

The thing is that i can't wait for middle school, but the thing is that I am going to be at the bottom of the school. I am looking forward to seeing all my friends and exploring a big school. I will be prepared to wake up early, meet new friends, to not let anyone break into my locker. I can't wait to have my own locker, and the thing is that the lockers are my hieght...... yay.....yay....

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:49 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

I think midle scchool will be fun because You will see old firends,you will get beder lunchs and you get to pic class's.The scary thing is the unount of kids in the school, I am tering to make a gerup of firends to prepare for school

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:47 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 55

I am looking foward to middle school there might be some bad thing going to middle school but I can handle it one thing I am not looking to all the homework they give you it takes you all night just to finish one assignmet for just one subject but even though it takes forever I will take my  time so you get a good grades. I will try to make friends and get involved in extra curiculum activities, but remember you have friends who know what you are going through and I will talk to teachers, family, and friends if the stress is getting to you and you will make it all the way to high school.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:47 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

what i expect from middle school is alot of things but im not reallly scared of middle school the exciting thing is that were going to a different school and we also get the chance to learn new things and make new friends im going to billing hurst next year and in my opinoin its the best middle school that i know im looking foward to going to billinghusrt in may i want to see the whole school before me with my own eyes and thats why im looking foward to going to middle in september and im counting down the days

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:44 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 39

the things im scared of billinghurst next year is , that there is lots of home work .

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:41 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 53

Middle school, I guess I can honestly say that I am looking forward to it. I'm not really scared of going to middle school. I am looking forward to doing choir with Chris Engstrom. I am preparing myself for middle school by studying my subjects, and finding out what I have to study to become an icthyologist. I guess thats all about middle school that is rellevent to your questions.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 09:39 AM GMT-8 • comment • Reads 45

Middle school is almost here. A locker everyone is in diffrent classes it's going to be awsome.I hope i get one of my freinds in alot of my classes. i cant wait but i hope that i dont have some kid our group that messes  around all the time so we get the projects done i really dont want to take a foreign launguage its going to be hard.I wil be ready though because my brother is in middle school and i know what to do and not to do

Mrs. Cleghorn's Homeroom
Mrs. Walsh's Homeroom
Mrs. William's Homeroom

My name is Mrs. Cleghorn and I teach writing at SWE. My goal is for students to understand that writing happens everyday in "real life". I want them to practice authentic writing and think about what others may want to read.