Copyright (c) 2014 by Michael Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Michael -- Blogmeister

Mikes Most Coolest Blog Page

0910

by Michael

Title: Did You Get the Point of the Trip To Garvies? (12/14/09)
Description: Last week we took a field trip to the Garvies Point Museum and Preserve. We are also learning a lot about the Native Americans that once lived in New York. Let’s think about what we experienced there and answer some questions in your article. What was your favorite part of Garvies Point? Why did you choose that? Was there anything that surprised you about Native Americans? Would you recommend that next year’s fourth graders go on this trip as well? Why or why not? Support your opinion with details from the trip.

Article posted December 17, 2009 at 04:55 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 49

It was so much fun going on a field trip to Garvies Point.One of the best parts for me was when the man was telling us about the Native Americans, how they made their weapons and their toys. I think it was cool that they had to learn so much just to live everyday day . It was probably very hard and alot of work. They had to hunt, cook, make the pots,everything!

I think it would be a fun trip for the kids next year to go on this field trip because it was fun smashing the corn and making the pottery, and it is intersting to hear Ms. Thomas talk about the Native Americans.

P.S Hey Mr.Dugger- COOL VIDEO!

Article posted December 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

My favorite part of Garvies Point was when we did the search. This is my favorite part because we got to see history and see their culture. What surprised me about the Native Americans was that they were very creative, they used every part of an animal, and that they shared everything with each other. I would recommend this trip for next years fourth grade class because they get to learn about the Native American culture and they see what they used.

My favorite part about Garvies Point was the pottrey building. I choose this because you got to build your own pottrey.The tools amazed me about the native americans. Yes, i will recommend that next year's forth graders go to this trip as well because they will do a scavenger hunt.

My favorite part of Garvies point was when we got to make Native Amercan clay pottery and also when we got to use what the Native Amercans did.I choose when we got to Use what the Native Amercans did beacuse it was cool and fun.I also choose Native Amercan clay pottery beacuse I like the way clay feels and to make anything out of clay.I never new Native Amercans make things out of clay that really surprised me how about you?I would recomend this to the another fourth grade class beacuse it was a realy interasting trip.Native Ameracans Rocks!!!

My favrite part at garvies was when we  sat in the ccanos.And when we grinded the corn,make fire,clay,and do the drill.

Article posted December 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 47

The place where I had the most fun at was the clay pottery room.I choose clay pottery because it was fun to see how Native Americans made their own pottery.One thing that suprised me was how they carried thier babies when they were working.I can't belive that they hung their babies on some nearby pole, or tree.I recomend this trip to next years fourth graders because you'll think it's a whole lot of fun too.

Article posted December 18, 2009 at 01:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

The trip to Garvies Point was fantastic. The best part about it was the treasure hunt because we got to learn about Native Americans. We learned what they do, eat, and hunt. I think my class would enjoy this because it was like 3-D. We saw what people did and what they at day time.

I liked the wigwam i looked it the best because it was a cool looking house. The way they started fires is they took a bow and arrow looking thing and it is cool. I recommend the new fourth grade class goes on the trip because it is a nice trip

My favorite part of Garvies point Museum is when we get to us the tools.Because It is very cool using the tools.They saw white people.Yes.Because I think they was so cool.

Article posted December 14, 2009 at 10:46 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

My favorite part of Garvies Point was trying to learn how to make fire with wood.

It was my favorite part because if I don't have food and shelter and just wood. I can make fire and hunt for food, too.

I thought it was interesting that they have to make their own houses with wood. I also thought that interesting that the Native Amercians don't have regular clothes on, because they make their own clothes from animals.

Yes. I think next year's fourth graders should go on this trip because they will learn about the Native Amercians. I had fun on the trip. We learned how to dig holes in the ground using a tool that the Native Amercians used.

My favorite part was the clay pottery because I had never made pottery.One thing that surprised me is that native Americans is they had a government.Yes,I would recommend that the next fourth graders go on this field trip because half of what I know came from the trip.

Article posted December 18, 2009 at 01:41 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

My favorite part of Garvies Point Museum was when we went to the lowest level where we got to make clay pots. I like this part because I got to lern something different.

I noticed that Native Amerikins made their pots cone shaped and I found that interesting because we use flat shaped plates. I wonder how they balanced it.

Yes I'd recommend that the next year fourth grade would go to this trip because last year 4th grade went too and it is very interesting to learn about Native American culture.

I liked the dugout canoe at Garvies Point. I chose that because I like how we got to sit in it, how it's made out of tree bark and how it can hold people in it. The thing that suprised me was that they wouldn't let the mask see the outside. Yes i would sugest it as another fourth grade field trip next year because you can learn a lot and you get to hold Native American tolls.

My favorite thing was playing with the yoyo.It was so much fun!I chose it because they used it to start a fire and I wanted to know how to make a fire.Yes there is something that surprised me about Native Americans. It was they name there children after nature. For example: If they had a girl they would name it Coral. It's just so cool how they do that.

Article posted December 15, 2009 at 03:08 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

My favorite part from Garvies point is when we did the skaverger hunt I lerned that natvive americans wear lots of head dresses and I also liked the part when we made fire/smoke I though that was AWESOME!!!!