Copyright (c) 2014 by Austin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Austin -- Blogmeister

Austin's Wild Blog!

0910

by Austin

Title: A Whirlwind Week! (03/08/10)
Description: Wow! What a great few days!

Monday Night:
First, our class got to meet our native American friend. We learned a lot about Native Americans culture, we watched movies showing how they were treated, their dances, music, stories and even their games.

What do you think was the most important of what we learned? What would you want to tell the world to educate them most about what we learned? Would you recommend this experience be brought back next year? Why or why not? Be specific and support your choice with details.

Tuesday Night
Next, one of our favorite authors came to visit Searingtown – Mr. Robert Kimmel Smith!!! Oh, how we have laughed and cried at the craziness that his characters go through! Even though we learned about him as a writer and where he gets his ideas from, I’m sure we will learn even more!

Is there anything that stands out in your mind from his visit? What was your favorite part? Is there anything that you would have liked to say or ask him if you had another chance to see him?

Wednesday Night
Finally, we attended a concert at the Tilles Center for Performing Arts. We were treated to the Long Island Philharmonic and their wonderful music. It was so exciting to be in such a great big place with an incredible orchestra playing.

What did you think of them? What was your favorite part? If you were asked to say one sentence to describe your experience that day, what would you say? Really think about this, and support your choice with reasons and details!

All due by Friday!

Do I even have to write this anymore??? :)

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

Article posted March 9, 2010 at 12:43 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 64

Definitally bring it back next year. We learned how Native Americans danced, played music and games. Making the clay pots was fun and a great experience. My favorite part of Robert Kimmel Smiths vist was how he told the class how he creates his stories. Jelly belly was a great book I would ask him if he would write about Ned and his trip to Disney world. The performance at The Tilles Center was excellent. My favorite part was when the girl from the audience came on stage to conduct. WHAT A GREAT TRIP=http://=http://!

xperience.

Article posted March 11, 2010 at 01:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

I really liked learning about the Native American culture. It was fun to watch their games,funny to see all the different dances, and interesting to hear their stories. What I really thought was the most important thing that I learned was how the Native Americans were treated back in the Colonial times.Learning about their past helps me to learn how to treat people in the present.

When Mr. Robert Kimmel Smith came to our school, he met with everyone except for me! I had to go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled! I was really lucky to meet him though because when I came back he was packing up his things and Mr. Dugger took me over to meet him.

My favorite part about his visit was that I got a chance to get his autograph even though nobody else did.I got to ask him if he had any new ideas for a book and he asked me if I had any ideas for him. He was really nice!

The concert at the Tilles Center was really AWESOME! The musicians took a really long time to practice so that they could play for us.

My favorite part was actually the whole thing. I loved listening to the people playing each instrument especially the clarinet because that is what I play.I was imagining that I was on stage myself.

My experience that day was like listening to alot of different feelings, sometimes the music was happy and soft,and sometimes it was loud and strong.

Wayon!

I think the most important thing I learned when Wayon was here was that you have to work as a team. I think I would tell the world that you have to work as a team and that your culture is different then other people's but you need to respect there culture even if it sounds weird to you. I think next years fourth grade she  meet Wayon because he has a good personalityand he is a really cool gye to hang out with.

Welcome Robert Kimmel Smith!!

What stands out in my mind is that a famous writer came to our school. My favorite part was when Robert Kimmel Smith told us the writers rules. If i saw Robert Kimmel Smith again I would probably ask him if he just thinks of names in his family or did he just make up names and things to write.

WOW!!!

I think they were awesome. My favorite part at the Tille Center was when Caroline Sue played the violin. I would say that the were amazing because almost everybody played too instruments and the played them good.

Adventure 1

The most important thing we learned from wayon was the games.

I would want to tell the world how to say hello and bye.

I would very much want this again next year.

Aventure 2

I still wonder how or from who Robbert Kimmel Smith got his talent from.

My favorite part from his presintation was when he told us where he got his idea's from.

If we had another chance to see him I basicly don't have anything to say.

Adventure 3

I think they were amazing.

My favorite part was when the horse was dancing and when the girl was playing the Violin.

I'ed say it was an AWSOME show.

Article posted March 9, 2010 at 12:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

The most important thing from Uaion was about the culture back then.I would tell to the world to educate most about the culture the Iroquis did.I would recommend the experience be brought next year because i want the 3 graders to know the culture about the Iroquis.

Yes, seeing Robert Kimmel Smith was a cool idea.My favorite part was when Robert Kimmel Smith told his rules.I would ask Robert Kimmel Smith how he became a writer.

I thought the Long Island Philharmonic was outstanding.My favorite part was when the trumpets played.I would say the day was full of music.

Article posted March 10, 2010 at 01:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 46

I think the most important was learing Native Ameracain culter.I want to tell the world to educate

I would recome this experience be brought back next year. Beacuse it was really fun and cool.Beacuse the whole foruth grade got to make potery and learn Native Ameracain culter.

If I had another Chance I would ask or say anythin I would tell him that he is my favorite athor and that he should write another chilldrens book maby about Libby or her in another book.But I really think he should write another book for kids. Robert CeamalSmith you and your books rock!!!

I thought they were AMAZING!!!!My favorite part was when a teen girl leed the whole group with her violin. She had a pirate hat on she played with the group and led the group amazingly!!!If I was asked to say one sentnce to describe my experience that day I would say I had AMAZING TIME!!!

i thought the tilly center was great .And i thought there musie was awsome. my fovroite part was when the mule came. I would say in a sentence to decribe the tilly center that it is the most funnest,coolest,and best place to here a orcastro play.

Article posted March 9, 2010 at 01:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

I think that the most important thing we learned was to respect their culture, by calling them Indians.  I would like to educate the world about on how they survived in nature by using whats around them.They used every single part of an animal, they killed the animal with no harm.  All they did was swing three balls above their head(Indian swung it around their own head) then the animal got dizzy and then the hunter would kill it, they gave nature a blessing for the animal.  Yes I want this experience to be brought back next year, because I know that since our class liked it next years class will probably like it too.  There favorite part might be making clay pots, I thought that that was fun.I hope they have fun next year.

There is nothing that stands out from his visit.  My favorite part was when he told us about who his books were based on.  My favorite book that he told us about was Jelly Belly.  There are a few things I would like to ask him.  One of them is for him to write a book about a little girl who runs away from her home and then as she grows up she spends her life looking for her birth parents.  Another thing I would like to as him is "Are you making a new book?"  I would really like to see him again.

I think that performance was out of this world!  My favorite part was when the performers were practicing, it was interesting to see what they play , and what the instruments sound like.  If I could describe this day I would say It felt so magnificent when you were listening it felt like you were in another universe.  That was the most soothing concert I have ever listened to.

Article posted March 10, 2010 at 01:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

The most important thing we learned is it wasn't all work work work. There were games like lacrose and lots more. Iwould tell all about the games we learned and things we saw. I would defently recommend this experienes brought back next year.

Yes;I wanted to ask were all his characters came from. My favorite part was when he said we can ask are question. I would ask him if I could give some ideas for another kid story.

I thought the performens was incredible. My favoite part was when the kid conducded.I would say that it was the best experience ever.

We learned alot and the most important is when kids leave their homes and families.I would tell the world that in Wayons village they take children away from them to make let me know if they would feel bad.I would recommend it next year because I thought it was cool.I really enjoyed what Wayon taught us.I really want to see it again next year.

Robert Kimmel Smith said alot OF INTERESTING things.One of the things that stand out for me was him explaining all the books like telling us what the book means.My favorite part was when Robert Kimmel Smith was saying funny awesome jokes and it just cracked me up.I would of liked to ask him if he has any favorite book he made?What book is he going to make another time he makes a book and he would just tell me?

We saw an orchestra and I had fun.I loved it because they sounded like perfectionists and I just think that is incredable.I enjoyed watching them on stage.I heard alot of knew sounds from my instrament.I play the violin.There were alot of violin players over there.I never heard or saw something like that ever before.I enjoyed it.It was awesome.

The most important thing i learned about Native Americans is how they hunted. I would like the world to know how they made weapons for hunting animals. I do recommend this experience comes back next year because we learned a lot about Native Americans and what they did back then.

When Robert kimmel smith came over the thing i liked most about the author is that he wrote jelly belly and chocolate thever which is two of my favorite books. my favorite part was when Robert kimmel smith told us the meaning of kiss which meant keep it simple stupid. If he came over again I would ask him if he’s writing a book like jelly belly.

I think the people in the orchestra were very good. My favorite part of the orchestra was Johnny marches home. If I was asked to say something about the orchestra I would say they play good because I like the songs they play.

I think the most important thing we learned is that native Americans is that they never wasted anything.If I could I would tell the world that most of the U.S's law and government is based on the native Americans laws and government.I think this should be done to the next fourth graders because we learned a lot about native Americans then we ever knew.

When Robert Kimmel smith came to our school it was funny that he talked about his kids.My favorite part of his visit was when he signed our books.I would like to ask him when he started to write books.

I think that the Long Island Philharmonic was great.My favorite part was when the donkey came out and danced on the stage.The performance was great and and it seemed to me that I would have never been able to that.

Article posted March 10, 2010 at 02:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

Last week was very exciting and really busy.

I liked the games and equipment used by Native American tribe.We made pots and had so much fan.

You know what happened too? Robert K. Smith came over and told us everything about writing books. He is a great author.It was interesting how he created books in his head.

The next thing we did, we went to see orchestra.

I think their music is great. It is amazing to watch how the profesional people play.

I think the most important thing was how they were treated and the games and legends. I would like to tell the world how badly treated they were and more things. Totally yes because they'll understand what it's like to be a Indian and they'll learn more about Indians.

Nothing stood out in my mind from his visit. My favorite part was when he told us how he wrote his books. I would like to ask him was any of his relatives a famous kid author or just a author.

I thought that The Tillie Center was awesome. They played so fast it was amazing. My favorite part was when a donkey came out, when they were introducing the instruments, when the girl in the blue dress played and I liked so much more. I would say it was outstanding and I think next year the fourth grader should go again.

The most important thing that I learned is it is more fun to be a Native child than a English child. You get to learn and play at the same time. It's so much funner that way for me. They shouldn't have put jail sells inside the boarding school for the Natives to teach them how to be like the English. Instead I would take 1 Native child and 1 English child and let them just interact with each other. One tells about their life and the other tells about their life, it's as simple as that. I say that this experience should be brought next year so other kids can see and feel what it is like to become a Native.       I remember the "Robert's Rules of Writing" and when he told about the time he met this girl that became his wife. He told us that his son inspired him to write war with grandpa. My favorite part was when he told us about his young life. How he told us that he was sick for 3 months with a sickness. I would want to give him a request on a new book to make. In Jelly Belly their is a boy named Richard ( Roly) Napoli.I was wondering if he could write a book about Richard.              They were great! I loved all their music and I want to see how it is to be a conductor. My favorite part was when the donkey came out on the stage and danced . I also liked when the 15 year old girl came out and played like a proffesional.  The one sentence I would say is: The music was so magical that my imagination got out of my head and it looked like I was in it. 

Article posted March 9, 2010 at 12:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 43

I think the most important thing about the Native Americans that we learned is when they hid their child and didn't want them to go to the school. I would tell wayon to come back and tell him to tell the children about the Native Americans to educate the children. I would like to bring him back next year.

My favorite part is when Mr. Robert Kimmel Smith said how he got the insperation to write books. And if I get another chance to see him I would ask him are you writing another book?

I think the trip to Tilles center was great because when the DONKEY came out it was really funny. I would really like to go back to Tilles again.