Copyright (c) 2014 by Jakub Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jakub -- Blogmeister

Spider's Friend

0910

by Jakub

Title: Sophia's Choice (11/02/09)
Description: The idea for this week’s blog assignment comes from a student in our class. We are reading The War With Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith. We are also reading another of his books Bobby Baseball together as a fun read.

In this book the main character, Peter, has had to give up one of the most precious things; his room. He decides to go to “war” to get it back. Think how you would handle Peter’s situation in your own life. The student that created this blog assignment thinks that this will help us relate the book to our own life and give us a chance to act like the character.

Also, which of his two books have you enjoyed the most so far? After reading these books and learning about him as a writer, would you like to read another one of his books? Why or why not? What have you learned from Robert Kimmel Smith about being a writer?

You may also add any other information that you would like.

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

If I were Peter I would say you could take it I don't care. I have enjoyed Bobby Baseball more because it teaches you about friendship and being a team player. I would read more of Robert Kimmel Smith's books, he writes with good details.

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 03:49 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

I think that Peter is being alittle selfish. If my Grandpa was sick, or sad or needed my family's help, I would let him have my room because I love my Grandpa and would want to make him feel my love for him. I would ask my Dad to really fix up the attic room and make it the best room in the house.

It's really hard to choose between these two books because I liked them both. They have had a good begining,middle and he makes you want to read the rest of the story. I would read another one of his books.

Article posted November 4, 2009 at 01:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 82

I liked both Bobby Baseball and War With Grandpa. If I had to choose to read more of his books I would say

“yes.” I think Robert Kimmel Smith taught me that a book doesn’t need to be funny for somebody to like it. If I was Peter I would talk to grandpa about why I am mad at him and try to work things out instead of going to war with him. In my own life when I am mad at someone I talk things out with the person.

Article posted November 3, 2009 at 01:22 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 80

If I were peter I would just say okay will you please give me back my room please.

Out of the two book's we have been reading in class my favorite is The War With Grandpa.

I would love to read another book of Robert Kimmel Smith's book's.Because his book's have so much deatail and they make me laugh like crazy.

I have learned that Robert Kimmel Smith get's lot's of stories from his kid's.

Article posted November 4, 2009 at 01:17 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 65

If Peter's situation was in my life, i would not go to war with grandpa, i will just say it polite. My favorite book so far is Bobby Baseball. I would like to read another one of his books because he gives a lot of detail.

I would of settaled this dissagrement by talking to grandpa if he did'nt give me back my room I would do exatclly what peter would do.I enjoined both books by robbert kimmel smith.The ones that i'm reading in class are The war With Grandpa.I cannda like The War With Grandpa more beacuse is a funny book but but bobby basebal is ok but i'm more into The War With Grandpa it made my whole class laugh.I learened from The War With Granpa that robbert kimmel smith is a halarryis writter and is a funnny giye he makes a lot of funny jokes like can we just play for petes sak billy asked billy to peter and peters name is pete.

Article posted November 6, 2009 at 02:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 66

If I were to handle this "war" thing, I would just say to him" Have my room.Lets just get this thing over with.OK?"I Actullaly, don't know which book I like better.They were both such great book so I couldn't decide. Yes, I would love to read another one of his books because,they were funny,serious, and awesome.I learned that alot of great books Robert Kimmel Smith wrote have a proublem and a souloution.

I enjoyed Bobby Baseball. I learned that you should think about not just you. I would love to read another one of his books like Jelly Belly. Robert Kimmel Smith uses a lot of puns and jokes and a very funny guy.

In the book, War With Grandpa, Peter decides to go to war with grandpa to get his room back. I would handle this situation differently by talking to Grandpa and I would let him know how I feel. And, hope that he understands.

I like Bobby Baseball better because it adds more action to the story and it adds more dialogue and more interesting details to the reader.

I would definetely, read one of his books because the Author makes the reader enjoy the books.

By reading his books, I learned to enjoy life and be good to people along the way.

If granpa took my room i would keep trying to convince him until he gives back the room. If I can't i would try to convince mom and dad. If that doesn’t even work then i would make the new room better myself.

In War with Granpa Peter Could have made a vote over who gets the room.The Book I enjoyed most is War With Grandpa because There is alot of funny stuff in the book

If I was Peter I would talk to Grandpa and I wouldn't start war.I have mostly enjoyed The War With Grandpa.Yes,I would like to read another one of his books because they interest me.I have learned that you can make a story when your not even thinking about writing.

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 01:11 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

When I was reading the book The War With Grandpa my Mom and Dad asked me what would I do in this situation. My answer was that I would give away my room to Grandpa without any "war".

There would be only one condition. If I have to move, my parents would have to make the new room look nice.

So far I enjoyed the best the book "The War With Grandpa". I'd like to read another book by Robert Kimmel Smith because he pretends to be a character.

I would not go to war because he is my grandpa. I've enjoyed Bobby Baseball. I would like to read another one of Robert Kimmel Smith's book's because he has a lot of humor. I learned that he has a great sence of humor and likes to Make wacky titles.

I would like to read Jelly Belly as are next book.

Article posted November 6, 2009 at 01:19 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

I would stand up for myself and keep fighting. I would want what is mine and I tend to get it. It would be pretty hard to conceal my own idendity, fight a war,and not tell anyone in the family all at the same time. It would be so hard and fustrating.

The war with Grandpa is hilarios! But Bobby Baseball is still cool.I don't like it that much because he said girls were dresses and have tea parties during baseball tournament.GIRLS CAN PLAY BASEBALL , TOO! I mean come on a team named Panty Hoses that is just plain weird.

Yes, I would like to read another one of his books because Jelly Belly and Mostly Michel sound like good story names.

I learned that you can make silly jokes that do not make sense out of your own words.

Article posted November 6, 2009 at 01:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 62

I think I would just let it go because my grandpa might get hurt.

I would read his other books because I think Robert Kimmel Smith is my favorite author now because we are reading his books and I am used getting him.

Article posted November 3, 2009 at 12:42 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 64

I enjoyed The War With Grandpa better than all the rest of the books that we read .Yes I would like to read another one of his books because his books are funny and really lets you visualize it.