Copyright (c) 2014 by Milap Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Milap -- Blogmeister

Milap is the super best man in the world

0910

by Milap

4th Grade 06/22/10
The Declaration 05/14/10
The ELA 04/28/10
Arguments 04/26/10
Most Liked Character 04/13/10
Writers 04/13/10
WIKISAURUS REX 03/25/10
A Wild Week 03/09/10
ELECTRICITY 02/22/10
A Job 02/11/10

Title: Declaration of Blogdependence! (05/10/10)
Description: The Declaration of Independence was one of our dearest and most famous documents in the history of our country. In it, the members of the Continental Congress declared the colonies free from Great Britain and stated many of the reasons that caused this separation.

Imagine that YOU are sitting alongside Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the other members of the Congress, but YOU are the one that has been chosen to write it. Thinking about our activity with the Skittles, what we have read and movies that we have watched, write your own Declaration to the king. Tell him what YOU want and the events that have happened or things that he has done that has caused you to feel this way. Try to be historically accurate, but you may add your own feelings and emotions.

Do you think that you would have been brave (or foolish!) enough to sign your full real name to the Declaration knowing that it would go to King George? Why or why not?

Also, try to read the blogs of your classmates’ responses to this week’s assignment. Feel free to comment appropriately!

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

If i was sitting alongside Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and the other members of the Congress i would sign my first and last name no matter what. I would write on the peace of paper: Dear King Goerge: Your very mean to us becase you went in our houses with out asking and took our money away from us,so we want revenge. So, thats what I would write.

Article posted May 11, 2010 at 03:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 84

If I was sitting with Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and some other patriots, and they asked me to write a Declaration of Independence this is what I would say:

King George this is a letter to you which we declare our independence from you. We won't have you tax our tea anymore and not the British,we won't have you close our ports so we can't trade with other countries. We want control over our own country our own freedom, and we don't want to be part of Great Britain anymore. We are the United States and we want democracy for our country.

I would be brave enough to sign my name because sometimes we have to fight for what we believe in and I would face them with my other patriots.

Dear King George,

I firmly disagree with you! You keep making us pay extra taxes we should not be paying! I want independence! If you don't give me independence I will fight for it, and you know what that means WAR! You feel your soldiers can just come into our house and keep us out, but not any more! We will fight back if you don't stop raising the taxes!

signature,  Sophia

DEAR KING GEORGE=http://=http://!!!

Your laws are UNFAIR they are making us lose money and they ruining my life and they are ruining others lives to!NO OFFENS BUT YOU are as mean as a TROLL!And now for payback I will dump all that is precious to you in the ocean.I want you to lower taxes NOW.I do not care if you find me so hears my name MANAAL --------!

Article posted May 11, 2010 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 95

I feel so mad at you King George=http:// We think your taxes are so unfair!!! You think this is your world, but its not. You think like were your slaves.I would sign the Declaration of Independence because King George is putting taxes onanything.

Article posted June 11, 2010 at 01:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

If I had to write the Declaratiom Of Independence this is the way I what I would of written.

Dear sir king,

I`m not trying to be mean but, I dont like what your lawas and unfair  taxes are. Please lower the taxes!!! We want to be free=http://!!! We want to to be independence=http://!! Free=http://!!! Your laws are not fair please stop. Im asking you nicely. Or we well fight for independence our freedome. Again were not trying to be mean.

Dear king  george,

i think your laws are unfair. And you closeing our ports ports to  Bostan UNFAIR. WE think you are a courd. your lobster back are courds like you and your state formed in boilts lobeter george. We don't want war labster goerge. i forgot to add this but we make our mony form the port. SO OPEN THE PORTS OF BOSTAN. And it is not fair that britsh troops have to live in our houses and we don't want to be there serveent

from fahad khan,

Article posted May 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 66

If I d been chosen to write this , than this is what I would've written.;We the congress declare our independence from King George.  King George make us pay these despicable taxes just, because you payed for everything in that war for our country.What if we did not want you to fight for us?  What if we just moved into this country? King George now, just puts taxes on everything just for $money$.  No one likes to pay taxes , think about it if  were one of us, and someone else was king would you want to pay taxes?  I don't think so.  None of us  colonists want to pay taxes either, only loyalists would want to.  

Signed,

Article posted May 14, 2010 at 02:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 85

You always make us pay the tax to you and I dont like that.You took all of my skiddles and I was really upset.WHY on earth would you do that!You did not even let me tell you the truth,so I could'nt tell you the truth.WHY! WHY! WHY!

King i want freedom. People should have there own rights. I think you are very lazy.He had stole our money/skittles. He stole our skittles over simple things. i think i fell brave to do it. Because he should now how we feel.

WE WANT TO BE FREE FROM GREAT BRITAIN! You were treating us like  you owned us. You put the taxes on the goods that we buy and sell. It cost us A LOT OF MONEY! You forced us to let the soldiers live with US!  YOU DIDN'T TRUST US! YOU WERE SO RUDE AND YOU DIDN'T GIVE US FREEDOM!

I think I would have been brave to sign the Declaration with my real name. I would do this because you were ruining our lifes  and we want you to STOP!

Dear King George,

I think your taxes are unfair.If you don't pu the taxes lower and think again about your laws there will be Boston Tea Party every day.I would be brave enough to sign my full name!

Article posted May 14, 2010 at 03:27 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

To: King George!

You have gone too far!

You made your soldiers just walk into our houses. It is despicable!

You also raised our tea taxes and yes we did dump all the tea in the water. It felt so good just to say that!

Your kingdom must fall!

I hope these words get into your dark soul!

Being king is not only ruling but also it is protecting.

I feel like making a statue of you and then burning it down until I see a cloud of dust!

I hope you are angry and I am going to make it even worse.

We are not affraid. My name is clearly signed below in big letters.

Remember, if you send your soldiers, we will be ready!

JAKUB ----

Article posted May 11, 2010 at 12:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 76

Dear King George I want you to actually listen to us for once. You only treat your tax collectors fair. You treat us like garbage and i'm sick of it. How would you feel if we treated you like garbage. I would sign my last name because 100 years later people could look up to me and say wow she must have been very brave if she signed her last name.

Article posted May 14, 2010 at 12:52 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 81

Dear King George,

I't isn,t fare that you make us pay taxes for your suger and tea! Why did you do this to us? The French was also invalved in this war! I don't care even if your the KING that rules us! WE WANT FREEDOM!!! I don't care even if you kill me I JUST WANT FREEDOM!!! I have lived me life free and happy, then when we finished the war you cost taxes on us WE HATE YOU!!!

From,

Sterphanie