Copyright (c) 2014 by Lara Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Lara -- Blogmeister

LARA's Awesome Cool Incredible Blog

0910

by Lara

Title: ELA4UINNY (04/26/10)
Description: This week our class, along with fourth grade students all over New York State, took the English Language Arts Test.

What advice do you have for next year’s fourth grade students? Please do not be specific about what was on the test itself, but think about what strategies and skills you had to use.

**Remember that I am taking recommendations for naming the new Colonial Character. What shuold his name be? Try to convince me!**

Also, try to read the blogs of your classmates’ responses to this week’s assignment. Feel free to comment appropriately!

Make sure that you TRIPLE check your blog and your comments for proper capitalization, grammar, punctuation and spelling!

***Remember that a blog is NOT a journal. What you write can and will be viewed by other people, so DO NOT put any sensitive or personal information!***

My advice for next year's fourth grade students are,be confident,try their best,and don't rush.Try to use context clues if they have a question of what a word means.NEVER leave an answer blank and don't care about time.

A suggestion for a name for our new person from me is "Li'l Boy George the 13th".

My advice to next years ELA takers is do not rush. Always check your work and most impotantly NEVER leave an awnser blank!!! And also slow down don't worry about time.

Article posted April 30, 2010 at 12:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 373

The advice is to ALWAYS CHECK YOUR WORK=http://=http://=http:// Other advice is, when your frustrated with a question, than when your finished with the test, GO BACK TO THAT QUESTION. NEVER LEAVE AN ANSWER BLANK. Just listen to my advice and you will get a fabulous grade on the ELA test.

Article posted April 30, 2010 at 12:26 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 72

My advice to the forth graders are to slow down and take your time.I think the only thing to pass the ELA is to relax and don't panick on the questions and just read it carefully.

The next 4th graders should undreline or highlight some of the important vocabulary that you see!!! They should also study at home just a little bit. The teachers are going to practice in school anyway but you know,just in case.

I would give advice to other fourth grade kids about the ELA test. My avice would be read directrisons carefully! TAKE YOUR TIME!!!  DON`T RUSH!!!! BE COME AND DON`T PANIC!!!

We are doing the ELA test this week.The advice that I will give to future fourth graders about the ELA test is that you have to do more work and the qustions are much more difficult.

I will tell them to practice writing essays and to practice reading carefully.I will also tell them to high-light and underline the important details. I will tell them to mood carefully and take their time and DON'T RUSH!!! If it's book 1 I'm going to them to read twice and if it's book 2 I will also tell them to do five or six paragraphs: 1 introduction, 1 paragraph,another paragraph about how their similar, another paragraph about something else and a conclusion paragraph. Finally, you should always CHECK YOUR WORK!!!  REPEATS!!!  CHECK YOUR WORK!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!

My advice to next years fourth graders that will be taking the E.L.A. tests is to make sure before you put any answers down, is to read all the instuctions carefully, read each question slowly, and when you' re about to put your answer down- STOP and THINK before you do it automatically. It might be a good idea if you check your work before handing it in.

Finally, don't be nervous, it's just a test, just do your best and everything will be ok. Good Luck=http://

Article posted April 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 93

Here a few tips for next years class don't think about the ELA over the week it'll just make you worried, so then you probably won't get enough sleep for the ELA.  A skills you might need are context clues, a skimming strategy, and read carefully they'll always try to trick you.Plus always check again and again and again ,but you get my point until.... THERE'S NO  MORE TIME LEFT!!!

Name:ChristopherD.Van Buren

Article posted April 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 182

My advice for next years fourth graders is to slow down and read the directions carefully. I would also recommend to plan your time.

I would have named him William DE.Thomas.

Article posted April 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 86

I would tell them to go on if they have a problem with the question and go back as they finish or any time they know the answer I would also tell them to read the passage(story) carefully so they can succsead the test.

I would name the guy Henry Jonathan De. Britan= B) = =)

My advice would be don't worry you practice. You'll be ready for it.  There's a math and ELA just like third grade.

My advice is to plan your time, look at the book carefully and don't make careless mistakes. The strategies I use is I plan my time and I look it over. Don't be afraid of the grade you might get and don't worry about your time.

My advice for the next fourth graders doing the ela test is to look over your work. My second advice is to be well.