Copyright (c) 2014 by MB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MB -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

Ms. H's Thinkers & Bloggers

by MB

teacher: Ms. H

All The Loveley Bad Ones 12/10/09
All the Lovely Bad Ones 12/03/09
Found 10/22/09
Found 10/01/09
Found 09/24/09

Article posted December 10, 2009 at 07:20 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 58

I am currently reading All The Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn. I am really enjoying this book.

The stratagy I really foucused in on was Open Ended Questions. A question I asked was: Why did Seth wake Travis up? What did he want from him? Did Seth do it just for fun? When I read further in the story I found out that Seth is treating Travis the way he got treated when he was a kid. Seth got treated bad when he was a kid for no reason. Another question I had was: What do the numbers on the stones represent? I figured out that the numbers on the stones represented every person that died.

Happy Reading!

Your Classmate,

MB

Article posted December 3, 2009 at 08:26 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 37

Dear Reader,

I am currently reading All The Lovely Bad Ones by: Mary Downing Hahn

The main stratagy I used was QUESTION. For example here is one example. Why won't the camp let Corey and Travis back? Later on the story I found out that the camp won't let Corey and Travis back because Corey and Travis are troublemakers. They always start food fights, they make up rude words to the camp song, and more. Another question I had was: How will Corey and Travis sneek outside to pretend that they are ghosts if guests from the hotel are outside looking for "the ghosts"? Question number three is: Will Corey and Travis get caught pretending that they are ghosts? When I read further in the story I found out that Corey and Travis did not get caught pretending that they are ghosts yet. My next question was: What will be Corey and Travis' consequences if they do get caught pretending that they are ghosts? Here is another question I had: Why do Corey and Travis think that each other are doing mean things to eachother?  For example, they like throwing books at each other and pulling hair.  Don't they think that the ghost might be doing this stuff? The second to last question I had was: Will Grandmother ever believe in ghosts?  Especially after crazy things happened that people in the hotel thought ghosts did.  The last question I had was: What do the ghosts want from the people in the hotel?  I know the ghosts want something from them because the ghosts are doing things to the people that the people are scared of.  Are the ghosts doing things to the people because Travis and Corey were pretending that they were ghosts?

That's all for now! Happy Reading!

Your Classmate,

MB

Article posted October 22, 2009 at 08:45 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 37

Dear Reader,

I just finished reading Found by: Margaret Peterson Haddix. I love reading this book! It was awesome!

One of the stratagiesI used was Question.  One of the questions I had was, Who's side is the Janitor on? I asked this question because in some parts of the story it seemed like he was on Gary and Hodges side, but in other parts of the story it seemed like he was on Jonah, Chip's and Katherine's side.

Another stratagy I used was " I Wonder". For example one of the  " I wonders" I had was, I wonder if the kids on the hike are scared and confused. What made me wonder this was that people said that the kids on the hike came from the future, and other strange things. Another " I wonder " I had was, I wonder if Jonah would rather go into the past or into the future. Later on in the story I found out that Jonah didn't want to do either. He liked where he was the best. The last " I wonder " I had was, I wonder what the fifteenth century is like.( I wonder what the past is like)

A stratagy I didn't use a lot was visualization, but I still used it! The one and only visualization I had was that, I visualize Jonah leaping at Gary.

The  last stratagy I used was prediction. A prediction I had was, I predict strange things will happen during the hike because right in the beginning of the hike something strange already happened. The strange thing that happened was that the hike leaders made everyone in the group touch this certain rock.

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Your Classmate,

MB

Article posted October 1, 2009 at 08:58 PM GMT-5 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Dear Reader,

I am currently reading Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  I love this book!!

One strategy I used was Prediction.  One prediction  I had was, "I predict no one will be in the conference room because the janitor that Jonah and Katherine thought they saw disappear before was in there".  Another prediction I had was, "I predict when Jonah, Chip and Katherine call more people and ask them if they ever saw anything vanish before, I think they will say yes because when they called people before they always said yes or agreed with them."

Another strategy I used was Question.  A question I had was, "Are the guys that were trying to take Jonah and Chip the guys that wrote the mysterious letters to Jonah and Chip"?  The next question I had was, "Did the librarian that was with Jonah see Angela disappear"?  Later on in the book, I found out she did not.  Is Jonah just seeing things?  I think he might be because the librarian did not see Angela disappear and she was next to Jonah.

The second to last strategy I used was "I wonder."  One of the I wonders I used was, "I wonder how old Jonah and Chip actually are because Angela said Jonah and Chip are from the future.  Another I wonder I had was, "I wonder if Jonah will ever see Angela again becuase he saw her disappear."

The last strategy I used was visualization.  One of the visualizations I used was, "I visualize people taking 36 babies off an unexpected plane that landed.  The second visualization I had was, "I visualize all 36 babies all in one spot at the same time."  That is a lot of babies!  The last visualization I had was, "I visualized an unexpected plane being at the airport at one moment and the next moment it disappeared."

I hoped you enjoyed reading!

Your classmate

MB      

Article posted September 24, 2009 at 08:09 PM GMT-5 • comment • Reads 37

Dear Reader,

I am curerently reading Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  I am enjoying this book so far.

One of the strategies I used was prediction.  For example, one of the predictions was that I predicted that Angela did not want to talk on the phone to Chip because she did not feel comfortable talking on the phone.  Another prediction I have is that a person will answer the phone because Chip thinks no one will.

Another strategy I used was question.  Why didn't  Mr. Readon want Jonah to see what was in the file on his desk?  Another question I had was does being the same age and born in the fall have to do with getting the mysterious letters?

Another strategy I used was "I wonder".  I wonder if Angela's name is on the witness list because she witnessed an unexpected plane land.

Happy Reading!

Your Classmate,

MB