Copyright (c) 2014 by Mr. Waters Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mr. Waters -- Blogmeister

Rye Jr High School - Grade 7 Social Studies

Overview: This class is design to take students on a tour of the cultural foundations of the American Republic. It is not meant to be a comprehensive tour of each topic, but an overview with each unit focusing a couple of major themes.

by Mr. Waters

No Links added yet!

Friday

Review Quiz #1

Work on Paleolithic Village Maps

HW  - Rest ye Weary minds

Thursday

Quiz Questions   -- Any questions about the information covered by the quiz.

Quiz Format  -- Fill-in-the-blank questions (There's a word bank, but it also contains words not used in the answers),  Matching & short answer

Neolithic Villiage Maps --- Students work-time

Introduce simulation project  -- Students will find out their groups and begin to discuss what kind of country they are going to create

Homework -  Complete Prehistoric Era Notes(Due Friday) & Review the infromation for Friday's quiz.

Wednesday

Nuts & Bolts Stuff -- Things you need to know about

1.  Mr Water's Blog -- He won't be writing about his feelings, but he will let you know what went on in class, what the homework is and anything else he thinks you need to know.

2. Student Collections -- Students can bring in a collection and card giving information about the collection to be displayed in our case.  Students will receive 10 ss pts if they do this activity.

3. Work Owed Bins -- Work that is not handed-in with the class is place in the appropriate bin with a short explanation of why it was not handed-in with the rest of the class

Prehistoric Notes -- Students receive a photocopy of notes of the topics covered in the first weeks of school. The notes have major topics, but require the students to add additional informations to make them complete

Neolithic Village Maps -- Using information from Textbook Ch 2 Section 2, students will begin to create a birds-eye view of a Neolithic village based on the description given in the textbook and additional things needed to help them survive.

Homework -- Complete Prehistoric Era Notes(Due Friday) & Review the infromation for Friday's quiz.

Tuesday

Prepardness - Checking to see if you have come prepared to learn. Do you have your hammer?

Debrief & Collect Homework --  Discussion about the similarities & difference between Neanderthals & Cro-Magnons

Read Ch 2 Section 2 -- Discussion about the effects of the Neolithic Revolution "This is one of those big ideas that dramatically changes humans forever!

Homework -- None

Monday

Seat Fairy -- The Seat Fairy came and gave out new assigned seats.

Neanderthals vs. Cro-Magnons Graphic organizers  -- Go over reading and organizers from last week. Ch 2 section 1. Read and discuss information that should be on the veign diagram

Homework -- Rework last week's Neaderthal vs. Cro-magnon graphic organizer. 

Article posted September 12, 2011 at 01:11 PM • comment • Reads 56 • see all articles