Copyright (c) 2014 by AE Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AE -- Blogmeister

!~!Abbi!~!

8th Grade 09-10

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by AE

teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Blog A

What student created questions in your group generated the most discussion and justify.

One of the discussion questions we talked about as a group was “Why do you think out of all the times does Jodee father want them to get closer now?” Our opinion all ended up in the same category which was we thought that Jodee’s father finally realized that there is an issue and Jodee needs both her Mom and Dad. We also thought that he might have realized that this was his daughter and he can’t let his daughter down. In conclusion we think that Jodee felt much better after they had got closer, she feels as if its not just pain and grief bring them together but love.

Blog B

What student created questions did your group agreed or disagreed upon and justify.

The question that our group agreed on was if it was right that Jodee went to Santorini? All of the people in my discussion group all agreed that it was right, and agreed that it was good for her. We thought that it would help her get through all the times she was going through, and everything that was going on with her life at the moment. Since she went to Santorini we knew that the people in Santorini would not know about her deformity and we thought that would be really good for her.

What student created questions did your group disagreed upon and justify?

Our group all disagreed on the discussion question “Do you think Jodee’s High School opportunities will get better?” We all thought that they won’t. The school all knows her weaknesses and they don’t need her to become more popular. Really they do because they make fun of her and when they make fun of her more people think they are cool to do it too. Most of the school hates her and she would have to do a lot to show she is more than a dummy just standing around that she is a person like them.

Blog C

Which student created questions would you like to have spent more time discussing and why?

A question I want to talk more about is “Is Ann just being another one of those mean girls or she actually a true friend?” I would like to spend more time on that question because over all the years Jodee has been made fun of what she thought was her friends and they are the ones that did all that bullying, and we were all thinking that it might happen again we wanted to really talk about the outcome of that situation.

Blog A: Choose three responsibilities we discussed in class and explain why you feel these three are important.

Well the first responsibility I am going to write about is voting. I picked voting because it very important to the government. The voting decides what is going to happen with the government or anything they want to change. Also voting is a opinion and you probably aren’t the only one who thinks that maybe the law or whatever they are trying to pass is not right and that it shouldn’t be there. To me voting is privilege because if you get into trouble with the law you aren’t allowed to vote.

The next responsibility I am going to talk about is voice your opinion. Let the government know what you want or don’t want; don’t let the government pass things that could be harmful in any way to the government or the citizens of the country. Maybe one day there will be a time that you say something and could change more than one person’s life, not just yours but maybe the countries ways of thinking. So talk to someone maybe that will be the solution. Your voice will be heard if it’s the right thing for everyone and the government.

The last thing I will be talking about is accept the responsibility for your actions. I think that if you get in trouble with the law you should pay the price of the crime. You can’t back away and say you didn’t do it when you know you did. Pay the price! You can’t blame someone else for what you did. So what you did may take something away from you, you have to go with it, you can’t change what you did.

What I would have done was right when everything happened I would’ve told an adult right away. Also I would have told them that they are only middle school and that they should not be doing that kind of stuff. But probably over all I would have been really scared I wouldn’t know what to do it would of happened to quick, I would call my parents but probably by the time I would have notice to call it would have been too late.

Is maybe not have cried so much then the mom would of not found out and then she could have just said she was not feeling good and told Calli’s mom she just wanted to go home. Another thing that could of changed the outcome was that maybe she told the kids upstairs not to do that stuff, they would of still trusted her. They would have trusted her still just because they didn’t tell Calli’s mom and that could of change the outcome of the situation.

Well no I don’t think that Jodee should be blamed for their mistakes. If they wouldn’t have done all that stuff they wouldn’t of got in so much trouble. But then again it is Jodee’s fault if she would have told they would have still liked her and everything would have been okay. So overall it could have gone either way.

Well I would have probably grounded them and take them to a psychiatrist because if they are doing that kind of stuff at that age they have some problems.

(Parking lot incident)No, I don’t think that anyone should have that kind of punishment. That sort of punishment shouldn’t be made by a middle school student. That punishment shouldn’t be given to anyone and the kids that do that have the issues not Jodee.(during school) I think that kids do the drama, like talking behind peoples back, and other things like that. Most kids are just wanting to get inside the persons head just to make them feel bad.

Article posted October 14, 2009 at 01:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

• Things I agreed with your group

Well my group agreed on that someone bullies who they are jealous of, because the person they bully receives something they don’t. So let’s say that they bullied Marianne because probably Marianne gets more attention then they do, because of her handicap issues.

• A topic or question that made you really think

Well we had a question that really made us think because Jodee wanted to go back to popular people. We had a long discussion over this because we all had different and opinion and believes on the topic. But in conclusion we all agreed on she just wanted to be accepted into a group.

• Things you disagreed with your group

Well we disagreed that Jodee would make more friends because it was a smaller school. It would be hard to make friends at small school because they aren’t as many people to find that have the same likes and dislikes that you do.

Article posted October 13, 2009 at 04:15 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 48

"It was either shun or be shunned. The meaner you were to the "rejects" the more popular you became with members of your clique."

This quote means you are either left out or you are going to be left out. That’s nothing more than bullying. It’s a form of initiation for some to gain acceptance by a particular clique.

I disagree because no human beings are “rejects.” Really that’s the hand God dealt to those human beings. They didn’t ask for those types of challenges when it comes to life.

One time I was in the hallway and Bob started saying to his buddy (Fred) that Lazy Eye was coming. So they started to laugh like something was funny about calling someone “Lazy Eye.” Teresa (Lazy Eye) didn’t know anything at what they were laughing at, or what they were saying. Cynthia was just in her locker and heard everything, she said to Bob to “Stop” and he said “I can’t help it”, and then he said that “She will be looking at you in class, but then again she isn’t.” They started to laugh again. Cynthia said to Bob that, “You wouldn’t like it if someone made fun of you because you had a lazy eye.” Bob said” I don’t, so it doesn’t matter.” Cynthia told him, ”Just because you don’t know what it feels like, doesn’t mean you can be mean to her.” Then got Bob got mad and walked off.

“ A person should experience a nervous reaction if she is worried abou failing, not because she’s scared of succeeding.”

When I read this quote it remonded me of how Jodee wanted to fit in so bad, she was willing to do bad on an assignment. I don’t think that somebody should bad in a class just to make friends I think that they should do what they like and if those girls were really there friends they would of been proud of her if she would of done bad or good. Also this is a quote that can rely on everyday basis because it, it could be that they are going on a stage and they are just nervous about missing a note, this could apply to anything.

April doenst need to be scared of say I am the child of the Social teacher , I am smart and I work hard in everthing including sports. She might also be also mean that she doesn’t want to sho what her skills, she be nervous to make a higher standard than someone who is more “popular” than her, who might say things about how her mom works at school and she has an higher advantage of getting to play more or getting better grades.

“if you’re good at something the popular crowd deems ”uncool”, you are sunk.”

If you are good at something go on with it, don’t let people put you down like that and that is what they are wanting, that is what exactly those girls did to Jodee. Another reason you should keep going on with what you are good at is because they are most likely not as good at that subject as you are and they are just jealous, looking back at the book those girls when they passed to note you can tell right there, they were just jealous because the first thing probably came to their mind is”She was good.” So they just don’t want to be humiliated like that.

Well this quote reminds me of my old school. Well when I was in 7th grade and we just started basketball and everything was going well, we went 13-1. During the year we have on player for each grade that’s gets chosen for Player of the Season, well there was girl named Katie she was in the same class I was, we were pretty good friends. We were good friends until she was talking to her friend and wasn’t really whispering and the whole locker room heard her say, “ Abbi doesn’t deserve that, she ain’t as good as me and you.” They all told me you should tell the teacher but I said, “It’s not worth it.” They never apologized ever and I never came up to them and said anything and I never spoke of the incident again.

I think this quote comes up in different areas. Some are of the areas are maybe that you are good at a sport, school, or another activity.

Well I guess I would rate my summer probably a 3! The only reason that I would rate my summer so low is becasue all the packing and good-byes! Well this summer I moved from a city to a town, can be difficult but can be possible. Recently this move has been so exciting and adventurous. I have met so many friends and been to Kansas City almost every weekend I have lived here during the summer. I did all I can in a little amount of time where I used to live. I got more done in a little amount of time because I had a long summer and this long but eventful summer is now over.

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

I am in 8th grade. I like basketbll and volleyball. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat. I go to school in Kansas. I have moved this summerfrom 1 kansas to the other.