Copyright (c) 2014 by ER Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ER -- Blogmeister

ER's Blog!!!

5C 09-10

One to One computing room

by ER

teacher: Matt McCartney

Introduction paragraph:

In my perspective, 5th grade was so cool and fun. In 5th grade it takes a lot to survive, and I have some great tips. The expectations are high and there are some challenges, but if you listen and get your homework done, 5th grade will be easier for you. In Mr. McCartney’s class you will have a ton of time to socialize with different students during projects. There will be many favorite moments. From survival tips to favorite moments, 5th grade will for sure be a learning experience.

Survival Tips

2010-2011 5th grade are you exciting or what? 5th grade is fun but it is really hard so here are so survival tips to help you along the way. The 1st tip I have for you is always remember your planner. You need to remember your planner because all of your homework needs to be recorded in your planner so you don’t get home and find you are missing things and get a late. My middle survival tip is DON’T BLURT! You shouldn’t blurt because if you know the answer and blurt it out then someone else will not be able to answer the problem and also the other students won’t be able to go through the mental process. Also if your class talks too much there is a good chance your class will have assigned seats .My final survival is to LISTEN to DIRECTIONS! All the time teachers are giving good information that you need to know. Follow these tips and you will be golden.

Classroom Expectations

Classroom expectations are very big in 5th grade; these categories I have written about are big so read this carefully!J One classroom expectation is when the teacher is talking that you listen, one thing Mr.McCartney will say “it is one thing to hear but it’s another thing to listen.” So, pay attention and listen very closely. My center point of classroom expectations is getting your homework done!J  If you don’t get your done you will spend a lot of time catching up on your homework at home, from the previous night and that night’s homework. Also, you will get a late. My last point to tell you is respect others and the school’s properties because it’s nice to be known as the person who is polite to everyone and the school’s property; and also if you are caught disrespect the school’s property by writing on the walls or something similar to that, you will get in HUGE trouble. Don’t forget these expectations and be respectful.

Challenges

Announcement so please read on; in fifth grade you will learn that it is bound to be easy, but here are some challenges that you will face. In 1st and 2nd quarter it will feel like you have a ton of homework, but on the bright side at the end of the year it won’t feel like that. But whatever you do, don’t get stressed because it makes the problem even worst, don’t get stressed. Another challenge is when you have a sport or activity and a lot of homework that same night. Do what you can and maybe when you get home don’t sit down and watch TV for an hour instead do your homework you will feel better at the end of the day if you go that way; you could also try to get it done during I.S.(Independent Study) and other work times. My last challenge is LATES! Yes lates. You knew this was coming didn’t you? Here’s why lates are a challenge. It’s a challenge because in 5th grade you get more responsibilities on top of homework and when you don’t get your homework done you get a late. Challenges are well challenges but it’s the way you deal with them that make them amazing.          

Favorite moments

In 5th grade there were many funny, fun, and cool moments and projects here are some of my favorite moments and, or projects. One of my favorite moments was when the fifth grade was split into groups into 3-4 people per group for the Invertebrate Project. The Invertebrate Project was one of my favorite project is because my partners were funny and we got a lot of work done in the time that was given. My 2nd favorite subject was when we were writing stories. This was a fun time because my story writing can be on any topic and it’s a not only a good way to express who you are, it’s a great way express who you are! Also you can have any type of characters, main characters or not. My 3rd favorite moment is when we had written Mother’s Day Poems this was my favorite moment because when my mother read my poem to her she loved it and almost started to cry because she loved it so much. My final favorite moment is the TRACK MEET!!!! It was a favorite moment because it involved running (My favorite thing to DO!!) it’s was very fun, and when I was in the 400 meter the people in the stands were cheering by shouting, “Ellie!!!” “Ellie!!!!” It was so cool and fun. I really enjoyed fifth grade it was fun, it had very humorous moments. I hope that the 2010-2011 5th graders will like these moment as much I did.

Social

What is social? Social is a place or project where people talk and have a conversation with each other. Here are some examples of social places or project. My beginning social place is when you are in gym class, and if you are waiting in line. If, you are allowed to talk, talk with your classmates, learn about each other. Another social place is when you are at recess. Recess is an excellent place to talk with your friends and play a verity of games like; kick ball; 4 square; and football; when you are in line talk and maybe even become friends. Great social people can include your friends, too. But keep in mind that you aren’t the only one that wants to talk. My caboose (the end of a train) is a project in class; it’s a good social place. (Sometimes) You compromise with people; you can even use the subject as a conversation starter. Also, every time you get a project split the work in equal parts of how many people are in your group. Talking is one of my favorite hobbies and it is probably a favorite hobby of a lot of different people too. But sometimes you need to shut your mouth and listen to the teacher or the person who is talking. So, only talk when you are supposed to.   

Closing Paragraph

In one year, a new class of 5th grade students might be writing essays just like this one. They probably will have some of the same thoughts as I do. The survival tips help us to think about how we can get through the tough times. The high expectations teach us to have high expectations for ourselves, the challenges help us to see that we can overcome obstacles, and the social skills we learn will help us in our future classes.  There will be favorite moments that they never forget about 5th grade.

Article posted May 27, 2010 at 03:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 67

In one year, a new class of 5th grade students might be writing essays just like this one. They probably will have some of the same thoughts as I do. The survival tips help us to think about how we can get through the tough times. The high expectations teach us to have high expectations for ourselves, the challenges help us to see that we can overcome obstacles, and the social skills we learn will help us in our future classes. There will be favorite moments that they never forget about 5th grade.

I come to work as well as play

I'll tell you what I do

I whistle all the live long day

whoooo-oooo whoooo-oooo

I toss the branches up and down

I shake them to and fro

I whirl the leaves in flocks of brown

And send them high and low

I strew the twigs upon the ground

The frozen earth I sweep

I blow the children round, round

And wake the flowers from sleep

-Anonymous

Dear Blogger,

Do you think the 5th Grade will win the kickball game against the Teachers? I think the 5th Graders will win because I'm a 5th grader!! GO 5TH GRADERS=http://=http://=http:// The 5th graders lost last year but this year will be different.

Article posted May 9, 2010 at 01:20 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 82

Days are long

Sing a song of joy

The sun is shining

Bright and early

And the fun games we’ll sure to play

The wind in your face

The hot air is cool

Article posted May 6, 2010 at 04:44 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 63

You make me smile all the time

You compose my laugh with a chime

So joyful and free

You are caring and polite to me

You get what I need

You make sure I will succeed

And mom I’ taking this time to say

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!

Hi mom! Happy mother’s day

Beats of the heart

Is like little bongos in your chest

It’s a pure melody of passion

It’s full of life

If you pay attention you will hear it

Its spirit is lively

With a spring in it beats

It comes to your ear with a leap

Its sound is elegant

With a little giggle here and there

It’s meek to hear

The taps, raps, swings

And follows the wind

Its energetic rhythm

Proceeds to your ear

Article posted April 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 169

5 Facts on Japan

1. Did you know Japan’s population is 127,078,679 as of July 2009? The U.S.’s population is 340,831,831. This is over 2 times bigger than Japans Population.

2. In Japanese “thank you” is arigato (ah-ree-gah-toh). Also, did you know that “Do you speak Japanese?” means

Nihongo o hanashimasu ka? (nee-hon-go-o-ha-na-she-mas-ka?). Is that interesting.

3. Japan’s size is 145,883 square miles or 377,835 square kilometers; which is California but slightly smaller.

4. Tropical in the south; cool in the north is Japan’s climate.

5. Mt. Fuji is one site seeing place it is 12,000 ft. and is Japan’s tallest mountains.

5 Facts on Italy

1. One really cool site seeing place to see is Rome because it is the capital, and it is very beautiful.

2. Italy produces grapes, (MMMM, my favorite!) potatoes, grain, olives; machinery; iron and steel; textiles, and ceramics.

3. The climate of Italy is hot and dry in the south and cooler in the far north.

4. The 1st Emperor of the Roman Empire is Augustus which happened in 27 B.C.

5. In Italy fifth grader gets to eat at home for lunch at 1:30 and her family usually eats pasta and tomato sauce, a salad and prosciutto, which is cured ham.

Article posted April 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 121

http://www.timeforkids.com/TFK/teachers/wr/0,27955,100430,00.html

Is were I found me information on Japan and Italy.On the next entry.( 5 Facts on Japan and 5 Facts on Italy!

1. Water, Wind, is Physical Weathering

2. Oxidation and acid rain is Chemical Weathering

3. Plants can help prevent bad Erosion

4. Soil is Water, Rocks, oxygen, minerails

5. There are three different types of layers of soil the 1st layer is called topsoil, 2nd layer is called subsoil, 3rd layer is called substratum.

6. Land without plants is most likely to erode.

I'm so cool!! I love life!!!!!!!! I love sports!!!