Copyright (c) 2014 by MN Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MN -- Blogmeister

MY AWESOME BLOG

5B

by MN

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

persuasive letter 02/03/10
My Favorite Sport 12/11/09
French Voki 12/08/09
Eleanor Of Aquitaine 11/16/09
11/16/09
11/16/09
11/16/09
11/16/09
My Blood Journey 11/16/09
The day I got my dog 09/14/09

Article posted February 3, 2010 at 06:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 87

Dear Mom,

I think that we should save trees. Trees are very important to the environment and to the earth.

First of all, trees improve human health by producing oxygen and improving air quality. They provide the equivalent cooling effect of 10 room-size air conditions operating 20 hours per day. Trees also provide us with more oxygen and less carbon dioxide.

The second thing is trees help stop global warming by reducing greenhouse gases. Trees absorb over a ton of harmful greenhouse gases over its life time. Trees produce enough o2 for 4 people every day, trees also reduce skin cancer, and global warming causes the ozone layer to have holes in it and we can patch those holes if we can stop deforestation, in addition to stopping global warming.

The third thing is they reduce soil erosion and water pollution. It reduces mud slides and reduces air pollution.

Fourth of all, trees also reduce home energy needs by providing shade and a windbreaker in winter. Trees also provide an estimated $273 of environmental benefits in every year of its life.

Last but not least, trees provide habitats for native wildlife. If there are no animals the food chain would be ruined and a lot of animals will be extinct, we will go hungry. If we grow trees animals could be safe and we will never go hungry.

That is why I think trees are very important I hope you are convinced.

Sincerely,

Maha

Article posted December 11, 2009 at 06:38 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

Basketball is my favorite sport, because I have a lot of fun and experience playing the game, the best thing about basketball is that you never get bored playing the game it’s like eating when you are hungry, you take your time to play the game. It is an awesome game and I like it a lot.

When there is nothing to do you have got to play something and you know what I do I play basketball and never get tired, this game is the best game in the world.

Maha, 5B

Article posted December 8, 2009 at 07:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 58

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:59 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 58

Eleanor was born on 1122 in the duchy of Aquitaine. Eleanor’s name is and he was William X, duke of Aquitaine. Her home was the great palace at Poitiers in the duchy of Aquitaine. Her mother was Aenor; Aenor was the daughter of strong-willed women named Dangerosa she was from Chatellerault. Eleanor had a younger sister named Petronilla and a brother named William Aigret. Where she was born Aquitaine was a warm fertile region. Aquitaine contained mountains, forests, meadows, vineyards and olive groves. Eleanor’s ancestors had ruled Aquitaine for 300 years.

The family lived in apartments in the Maubergeonne tower. Eleanor was a bright, intelligent, well educated and lively young girl which was unusual in that time. Her mother died when she was in her early teens and her life changed completely after her father died. Eleanor was 15 years old when she got married to Louis (son of Louis VI) who was 16. In August 1137 Eleanor and Louis Aquitaine for Paris and she was a teenager when she became queen of France. In 1146 the pope called for a crusade. War started and Louis and decided to lead the war. Eleanor went with him. She was 24 years old when she gave birth to a daughter.

In 1150 she gave birth to a 2nd daughter. Louis wanted a son problems started between them and they divorced. Henry the duke of Normandy Eleanor was attracted she gave her two daughters Mary and Alex to their father. She went back to Aquitaine and married Henry secretly on May 18th 1152. They had much in common: ambitious, dynamic and brave. On January 1153 Henry invades England in the same year Eleanor had a son named William. On December 19 1154 Henry and Eleanor are crowned king and queen of England.

On February 1155 Eleanor had her 2nd son in London. In 1155-1156 Eleanor is active in the government that is in England. After six years of marriage she had 6 sons. Her son William died when he was three but the others survived. In 1166 Eleanor became 44 years old and her marriage to Henry was in difficulty, 2 years later they separated in 1167 her daughter Matelda (which her and Henry raised) got married. In 1170 Eleanor makes her son Richard her heir he became duke of Aquitaine between 1173-1174 Eleanor’s eldest sons Henry, Richard and Geoffrey rebelled against their father with her support.

The king crushed their Rebellion and took Eleanor prisoner in England. In 1180 Eleanor’s first husband Louis VII and his son Philip become kings of France. On June 11 1185 Eleanor’s eldest son prince Henry dies. Three years later her son Geoffrey was killed. On September 3 1189 Richard is crowned king of England. In 1199 Richard dies of a battle wound. John succeeded of being king of England. On April 1 1204 Eleanor dies and is buried at Fontervault Abbey together with Henry the II and her son Richard.

mn 5b

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

On Tuesday we went camping up in the mountains. When we arrived we unloaded the van which had our bags in it, after we all sat down around Mr. André and we talked about the rules. Later on, Coach Wissam showed us how to build our tents, and we did.

Then we took our bags and sleeping bags. After we unpacked boys and girls did different activities. The boys went and put paint on their faces and did a Indian walk, while the girls collected pine cones and took out the seeds that are inside them.

Then we went hiking with coach Wissam and our teachers for an hour and Ms. Noshie said that the mountain was an underwater and we found fossils of sea snails. At around 8 o’clock we went to the soccer field to do a camp fire and tell jokes and stories after we went back to the campus and went in our tents and slept.

mn 5b

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:56 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

mn 5b

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:55 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 41

When I was young I got really sick and was vomiting. I was in so much pain I couldn’t stop crying. At first my mom and dad couldn’t hear me, but then my mom heard me crying and ran to my room, she didn’t know what to do. She called my dad and he ran to my bedroom he grabbed me and tried to lull me to sleep, but I was in so much pain to go to sleep. My parents took me to the hospital.

When we arrived to the hospital they put on a bed and called someone to push me into a room. My mom was worried she was going to faint, she was really tired and wanted to go to sleep, but my crying kept her awake. When the doctor came in he told my parents to get out of the room. They both refused! But then they agreed. The doctor gave me a drip. When the doctor came out of my room my dad started crying. When he saw me he was happy, he never was that worried about me before. When I woke up I was smiling and I didn’t cry anymore. My parents were relieved and couldn’t believe it that I was ok. I called them and they both hugged me. They were so happy that my dad ran in the hospital like mad, but because he was happy. The doctor told my parents he needed to speak to them. They stepped outside and they started talking, the doctor said that it was dehydration and there is nothing wrong with me, but I should sleep in the hospital just in case I vomit again. My parents were really happy that I was healthy and safe.

mn 5b

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 49

Today we were going to the airport to pick up my dad and nanny. They were coming from Dubai and I was excited to see them both. My brother and I were

Dad was here and so was my nanny all standing on the stands waiting to see my father.

We didn’t find them we were worried that they missed the plane or something else happened. Then I saw my dad walking the other way and saw my nanny behind him so I told my mom to look but and she didn’t see them, but then he turned around and he was coming our way.

He stopped and I ran to my nanny but he caught me and we both fell on the floor laughing. Then my brother ran to my nanny but my dad was too fast for him but this time we all fell on the trolley all three of us it was painful and a lot of people were staring but I was happy that my the family and I were happy.

mn 5b

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 09:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

Have you ever wondered about something that goes round and round without getting dizzy?

The first place the deoxygenated blood goes to is the right atrium then the muscle of the heart squeezes squishing the blood through the tricuspid valve into the right ventricle. The right ventricle then sends the deoxygenated blood to the pulmonary artery; the pulmonary artery is the only artery that carries deoxygenated, from the pulmonary artery the blood goes to the lungs and picks up a fresh new load of oxygen which makes the blood bright red again.

When the blood is fresh and clean again it comes back to the heart through the pulmonary vein into the left atrium, the hearts muscle squeezes squishing the blood through another valve called the mitral valve from there the blood goes to the strongest part of the heart the sir left ventricle, sir left ventricle becomes heavy then he gives a tight squeeze and the blood flows into the strongest and longest artery the aorta. After that the blood is let out into the body to feed the blood cells who are messy eaters.

I am very glad to have such good blood and the hard work it does every day and I will eat healthy so my body will stay fit and my cells and blood are clean and healthy. mn 5b

Article posted September 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 46

This is the best day of my life. Today I am going to get a dog. I was so excited that I was jumping to the pet store. When we were called in to get the dog I was going to cry, but I didn't.

I love dogs and basketball. I enjoy swimming and I adore reading.