Copyright (c) 2014 by Jamie Friesen Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Mrs. Friesen's Grade 1 Classroom-

Welcome to Mrs. Friesen's Grade 1 classroom for the 2012-2013 school year. During our computer technology time, we will be using our classroom blog to communicate what we are learning in our classroom. The students will be working on communication skills through a technological medium. Please feel free to ask questions and comment for the students to read and reply. Happy blogging!

by Jamie Friesen

MacNeill School Website
TumbleBook Library
StarFall Stories
Arthur Games and Stories
Dr. Seuss Games and Stories
Grade 1 Games
Math Hotlist
Grade 2 Math Practice
BookFlix

WOW!!! I was so impressed with all of the amazing work that the grade one students did while researching the bug of their choice. Every student presented what they learned in front of the class with confidence and ease and their posters looked awesome. What a way to end the school year. Great job everyone!

Mrs. Johnson has been busy snapping pictures of some of the exciting events and activities that have been taking place in our classroom while I've been away. Click on the picture below to view what we've been up to. Thank you Mrs. Johnson!

Article posted February 27, 2013 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 75

We have been learning all about objects and materials. We wanted to know how materials can change when we manipulate them. We learned that when we add heat to popcorn kernels, delicious popcorn is made! Thanks Mr. Burkowsky for helping us learn this yummy lesson!

Unfortunately we had to cancel our outdoor trip to the Wascana Marsh because of the freezing temperatures. Fortunately we were able to visit the indoor Bird Sanctuary instead. We were very happy that we got to view all of the birds that were not able to migrate to a warmer climate. Our favourite bird was definitely the pelican which we watched swallow a whole fish! It was really neat! Thank you Kent for another wonderful experience that we will never forget!

We had a great presentation on our snow day! Only 12 students were at school but we still enjoyed a wonderful display of animals and learned a lot of new information. Thanks Doug!

Article posted December 3, 2012 at 01:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 97

We have proven that we are not wasters!! We didn't want to throw away the boxes that our special lunch was delivered in so we found a creative way to reuse them! What do you think?!

Meet the latest dissection specialists! We impressed our Outdoor Education expert, Kent, with all of our owl knowledge. Take a peek at our pictures!!

We had so much fun at the pumpkin party today! A big thank you to all of the parent helpers who made the party such a huge success. Click on the picture below to view the highlights from the party.

We have been listening to Uncle Budd's motto: "Be the best that you can be and do the best that you can do!" This month, we have been working on cooperation and teamwork in order to feel a sense of belonging in our group. Here are some pictures that show us working together and helping all of our teammates feel like they belong!

We have had so many opportunities to use pumpkins in our learning experiences this month. We read a recipe to create pumpkin tarts, we carved a jack-o-lantern, we planted pumpkin seeds, we opened up pumpkin Joe to explore the different parts and we got to celebrate with a pumpkin party!! Click on the picture below to view some highlights from the month!

Grade 1's
Grade 2's