Copyright (c) 2014 by NA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
NA -- Blogmeister

THE COOK

5C

by NA

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

[LINK]" rel="File-List" />
[LINK]" rel="themeData" />
[LINK]" rel="colorSchemeMapping" />

The Visitors

When the dietitian Jeannette Karam came to my class we learned about what we should eat daily and what food is good for you. She said sea food is good for you because it has a lot of omega three. We learned about the food pyramid and all of its parts, which are the protein, fruit, vegetable, dairy and wheat and of course the most important part of it the unhealthy part. Well the unhealthy part was not so nice to me after she told the class about what it does to the body. When you boil vegetables a lot of the vitamins go.

My dad Dr. Antoine Abchee came to talk to us about the cardiovascular system in the same day. He told us about cigarettes and what they do to your body. We learned that it is possible to put a mechanical heart in the human body. We saw the septum in the small heart he brought us and we discovered that the septum is much thinner than we imagined. If you have too much fat around your heart it will be really hard for it to pump. If you are an organ donor, for example if you are in a car accident they have to directly take you to the hospital and do the transplant.  

Article posted November 11, 2010 at 01:39 AM • comment (1) • Reads 174 • see all articles