drco

Should the U.S. Continue to celebrate Columbus Day?( Really, nobody really gives it a second thought on the day.) Celebrating a man's wrong guesses, and who actually never set foot on American soil, and triggered the huge boom of the genocide of the Native Americans?Honestly? No. People say; “but if we stop celebrating, people will forget where they come from (Italians, Spanish, English)!” Well, if they REALLY wanted people to know their heritage, teach it in school then.

First, if it's such a problem that we need to make a holiday for it, then maybe we should push teaching it. And if people are afraid that kids will forget where they come from, then we don't need a holiday off to forget about! Come on! Think about it!Don't get me wrong though, I like getting a day off from school, but I don't agree with the holiday. People sometimes even forget WHY they have a day off. Secondly, really though, if he wasn't the one to “discover” America, then someone else would have anyway, so we really shouldn't blame him, because think about it; everyone in that era was determined to find a different route to Asia , and find the Northwest passage, and everyone was going that way anyway, so it was kind of open for whoever got there first. Finally, I ask you a question (and give an answer); why don't we have a day for the Native Americans? Why? Because Columbus brought on a huge repression of the Native Americans, crushed their religions and forced Christianity on them, and I haven't even started on the Genocide of millions. A lot of the tribes of Native Americans were forced to move up, down, to the side or whichever way they were being pushed. Some were hostile, but they had reason to it. They had no idea who these white people were, nor the white people to the dark people. But When you choose to rape, kill, and enslave their people, something's gotta give.

No, The U.S. Shouldn't celebrate day, and we have enough holidays as is, but we need to add one for something that we can teach in school. And in school or the textbooks they give you the most distorted version of Columbus and his followers, not to really educate, just give the big picture of it all. And most kids or adults do not actually know/care about who or what we are celebrating. So, for most people, it's really just a day off from work or school.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows J.K. Rowling Fantasy

Drco's Summer reading lists

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J.K.Rowling Fantasy

Bridges

Bridges are fun cause. . .

A rainbow is like a bridge

They've a pot o' gold. . .

. . .on the other side!

The companies I picked for my stock project in math were Google, Apple, and eBay.

I chose Google because people Google everyday, and there are millions of companies that advertise to every search. I chose Apple because the keep coming out with new stuff, and people keep buying it.

I chose eBay because I have found things on eBay like my green saxophone, and people can just put their unwanted stuff on it and sell it.

My stocks would go down when the Dow Jones was down, but then they would go up, and stay up. I think that instead of having some stocks of eBay, I should have bought a lot of penny stocks, because some people in my class have gotten a lot of money when the stocks go up by just a little. I could have researched my stocks more, like someone looked up which stocks would go up in the next year.

If you are really serious about this project and want to earn “money”, then you should research stocks before you buy them. But if you don't really care about what happens with your fake money, then just go with your favorite companies, or where you like to go, or buy things from.

Number of Pets

I did curling for my Olympic sport. Curling is a 500 year old sport, that is

very very popular in Canada, Germany, and now, the U.S. Curling has three

players on each team, with the person that slides the stone, and the two

people that brush and smooth the ice in front of it so that it will go faster,

and farther than their opponents stone. Most people don't think curling is a

sport, but it involves precision, and focus, and discipline.

The medalist winners were, Sweden in the woman's gets gold,

Canada gets silver and china gets bronze. For the men, Canada in first,

Switzerland in second, and Norway gets bronze. The sport originated in

Canada, when the “stones” actually were stones. Though some people do

not agree, curling is a sport.

Hello journal, I have been told to write in you from my father, because he told me that when he was a soldier, he became very lonely and needed someone to talk to so he could say the things he couldn’t, or, wasn’t allowed to say. So, he insisted on having me bring you with me in my kit bag. So, I’ll tell you journal. My fellow troops and I are patrolling the Celtic village. It’s so frigid here, rather than beloved Rome. Well, the Celts do seem quite savage, especially with their weapons, those horribly made spears with the triple heads, and what is that metal thing around his neck? I ask the soldier next to me, and he says that that it’s called a torc and that it’s a custom to wear one around your neck or on your arm, and then I realize, that everyone in the village is wearing one. My, look at that soldier’s helmet! It looks like it is made of metal and leather, horrible craftsmanship, especially compared to my bronze, beautifully crafted helmet with a cap of iron, and lined with cloth and animal for my comfort. And I thank the gods for the plate guarding my forehead, saved my life three times.

Dear Jupiter! Look at these barbaric living standards, they’re nothing compared to ours!”I silently exclaimed, to the same soldier on my right side, (who I think might be now done answering my questions) and he agrees, as we look at the tiny huts all circled around a small fire at the center. I look over, and see two women climbing onto, excuse me, crawling into a small hut, I later found out that these were called Grain pits, as there were good places to store grain. I also have been told that that those might be places to hide during war times. Strange.  To my surprise, I see our general, walking up to one of the Celts. What’s he doing? He’s trading!?! I am slightly relieved journal, to see the men in front and back of me with the same look o bewilderment that I must be carrying. The general later told us, that the Celts have skins valuable to us, leather hides, and timber that are very useful to Rome.

We have been welcomed into a family’s hut.  And believe me journal, when I say family, I mean, family.  All the relatives you could think of, second cousins, third aunts and uncles, and so many brothers and sisters that you wouldn’t believe. And in what a small hut! The family told us that there could be just one family to a number of huts! And the herds and herds of animals, apparently to mark wealth for these people. The animals are so small and loud, mind you, that they often keep me awake with their odd screeches and high pitched moans and groans. The people here have turned out to be quite kind, and caring. I do think I am going to like living here.

Valentines

Mars is red, Uranus is blue, my love for you will keep going, like the storm on Jupiter <3

We go together like clouds and cold air, without my air, I wouldn't be there

Just like starlight, love for you will go on and on for light years and light years

When we're apart I feel like a nimbostratus cloud, sad and unhappy. When we're together I feel like a

stratocumulus, fun and happy

Frightening the young ones,

Oh! Didn't see ya there! From the old,

Gary, where are you!?!? shouts the searcher,

I'm right here! shouts he who can't be found

Scared are they

Creepers try to take them

Oh, so quiet, heard but not seen

Over bridges and rivers

Lurking around the corner, is where it hides and seeks