lhal

Columbus changed the world forever in good and bad ways. Columbus is mostly known for the good reasons though. Columbus sailed to the New World and spread disease and abolished the natives. Columbus told the king and queen that he even set foot on the land when he never did. All Columbus did was pretty much just look at the land from his ship. Columbus Day should not be celebrated any longer.

We should not continue to celebrate Columbus Day because we are celebrating it not even knowing what we are celebrating. When we celebrate Columbus day we celebrate when Columbus sailed to the New World in 1492. Or that is the sweet sounding version that doesn't even explain half of the things that went on. The real story is that Columbus sailed to the New World not knowing what he was going to find. When he sailed over he kicked out and abolished the natives. He also spread European diseases that the Europeans had become immune to, but the natives weren't, so the natives got sick and died because of it. When Columbus landed back in Europe, he lied to the king, and told him that he set foot on the New World, pretty much saying that he discovered it when there were already people living there who obviously discovered it first. People should start to think about what we are really celebrating when we celebrate Columbus Day.

Columbus Day is not a good holiday to be celebrating because we are celebrating it for the wrong reason. We celebrate Columbus Day because it was the day that Columbus discovered America. When he did this he also, abolished the natives, spread disease, lied to the king and queen, and never even set foot on the new world. Columbus Day shouldn't even be celebrated at all.

Summer Book List

LHAL

Blue

6/7/10

Waves

M.T. Anderson

Fiction

Pretty Little Liars

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Flawless

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Perfect

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Unbelievable

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Wicked

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Killer

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Heartless

Sara Shepard

Young Adult

Wordle: belize graph

These are the stocks that I bought in math for our stock market portfolio and researched. The first stock that I bought was Apple. The second stock that I bought was Home Depot. The third stock that I bought was eBay. I picked Apple because I knew that since the iPad was coming out more people will be buying things from Apple. I bought Home Depot because most people can use things from Home Depot most of the time. Finally I bought eBay because you can buy and sell a lot of things on it.

You should always do your research before you buy the stock, or you could end up with only one stock that is a good one. If I had to change my stocks I would keep Apple because it usually is always up. I would get rid of eBay because it is low most of the time. And I would also get rid of Home depot because it is low most of the time. I would remember to do my research again as well. You have to do research before you buy your stocks.

Before you buy stocks it might be useful to ask for advice so that you can tell which stocks are good and bad. With my stocks I realized that you should not invest in home depot. I bought home depot for $27.11 a share with 74 shares for $2006.14 in all. Right now I am making $625.30 on Home depot.

The Higgins Armory Museum in Worcester, New Hampshire was built in 1930 by John Woodman Higgins. It was open to the public in 1931 as a place to put his collection of armour on display instead of sitting in his house. The museum has over 35 suits of armour in one hall. Someone could learn many things at this museum. One thing you could learn is the three major periods of armour, Battlefield, tournament, and decoration. Battlefield is used for combat or wars, Tournament is used for jousting, and decoration is used to show off ones wealth or as a modern day tuxedo. A person could learn many things at the Higgins Museum.

The first period of armour is the battlefield. Battlefield armour is used when fighting in a war or in combat. This type of armour was fairly light and very maneuverable so that the knight would be able to run and or walk comfortably. The battlefield armour consisted of a helmet which covered the head ears and nose, the eyes and check bones were the only parts exposed. There was also a breastplate to protect from shoulder to shoulder, and from the neck to the waist. At the waist the person had armour to cover the thigh area. At the knees there were joints, which were movable areas, just like in the elbows and shoulders. Below that were the greaves which protected the calf area. Underneath the armour soldiers wore thick clothes and a metal blanket type object incase a weapon went through the armour. The soldiers also carried with them a shield and some sort of weapon. Battlefield was the first period of armour.

Tournament was the second type of armour. Tournament was used for jousting. Jousting is when two riders on horseback run towards each other with two wooden poles and try to push the other rider off of his horse. The armour consisted of an upper section which protected from the neck to the waist. Also a lower section which protected the waist down was worn. The riders also carried a shield with them. The armour was very heavy because the riders did not need to move themselves around. The horses were considered just as important as the rider because they couldn’t do the sport without the horse. Therefore the horses were somewhat armored too. They had a shield covering their face and a blanket over their whole body for decoration.

The third and final period of armour was decoration. Decoration armour was worn out at parties and to show off how filthy rich you were. Some people bought armour for their six year old kids who were going to outgrow it in two years. Some people even bought armour for their precious little puppies too. The armour was the same as battlefield armour only much newer looking and nicer kept. It also had many decorations on it. Some were engraved and others were painted on. Decoration was the third and final period of armour.

In conclusion one can learn many things at the Higgins Armory Museum. One thing they can learn is the three types of armour battlefield, tournament, and decoration. Battlefield is used in wars or combat. Tournament is used in jousting or other sports. Finally decoration is used to tell how wealthy one is or a modern day tux. The Higgins armory museum has a lot of information about armour.

wEaThEr StOrY!!!

You can enter the text of your blog here!

This is my dog Lucky. She was in a puppy mill but she was rescued and in a happy home now.

My dog's name is Lucky. She came from a puppy  mill, as a dog used for breeding. When we first brought her home she was afraid of everything. Now she is almost a normal dog, and she loves to play with our other dog Rosie.

Hello, my name is Alicus. Once a long time ago I was a Roman soldier that fought in many wars. The war that I remember most is the war between the Celts and us Romans. Both of the two groups had many different and similar

advantages and disadvantages. For example we both had helmets, shields, and some sort of weapon. This war was a very important part of its time.

Being a Roman Legionary we had quite a few things to wear for the way we had to dress, as well as the Celts. We wore a helmet, or as we called it called it Cassis. It was a bronze helmet with a very strong skull of cap iron underneath, with hinged cheek guards. Underneath there armour they wore a woolen cloak or, Sagum, which was worn for the comfort of the legionaries. Above the cloak rested the armour or Lorica. The armour consisted of a breastplate which protected the chest and back. We carried a shield or Scutum made from strips of wood, they were four feet long and three feet wide. The shields also protected our legs, therefore shin guards were unnecessary. We were lucky enough to have boots or caligae as well. They were made of cowhide and had a 2 centimeter thick sole. We had to check or repair their boots every night. Two weapons were necessary. One of the weapons was a sword, or gladius/spartha. The sword was two feet long used for slashing. The second weapon was a spear, or pilum/hasta. Two of them were carried, and once they stuck in to the enemy it bent and could no longer be used to throw back. This spear could also kill an enemy ninety feet away. One final thing that we carried with us was a kit bag, or saccus which was used to carry any equipment needed. Also our own food was carried in the kit bags. As you can see the us Roman legionaries had many things to wear for war.

The Celtic warrior dresses in a similar way that the legionaries did. The Celts wore a helmet made of metal and leather, and some poor soldiers only wore a leather skull cap. For clothing the Celts wore bright and colorful clothes, like tunics dyed in colors. The Celts also had a long shield that protected the whole body. The Celts also were lucky enough like us to have shoes, which were boots made of leather. Also the Celts painted their faces with unusual designs and bright colors, but no one is certain why. Finally the Celts had two weapons. One of the weapons was a long sword used for slashing and cutting. The last weapon they had was a spear. The Celts had many things in common and not in common with us, the Romans.

In conclusion the war between the Roman legionaries and the Celtic warriors was a big part in the history of its time. The way that we dressed and the way that the Celts dressed, were similar in many ways, but it was also quite different as well. The Romans and the Celts were very similar.

LHAL

My Love for you is like a cirrostratus cloud happy in the sky. My love without you is like a nimbostratus, dark and stormy.

My love for you is morethan te 93,000,000 miles to the sun. Without you my love would be like the stars ancient light slowly burning out.

The clouds are white the sky is blue my love for you is like the never ending space around us.

Mars is red, uranus is blue, my love for you is like the ancient light coming from the  sky.