WRCL-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Wordle: Blog

As I walk along the cold paved road with my feet going pitter patter

splashing in the puddles

from all the rain that has been falling down from the dark gray sky.

I see just ahead through the brick thick fog

a bridge that has stood their for as long as I've known.

It stands tall and long

connecting two lands split by a river.

When I am standing on the bridge I can feel through my shoes

the vibration a car or a train would make when it went over

but it's not from a car

and it's not from a train.

It is from the rushing river that's just below a bridge.

On a cold fall day like today you would freeze if you would fall in.

So I hold on tight to the railing.

My hands are so cold from the freezing metal but I keep hold.

I come to the bridge to think

just to think.

To think about everything and nothing.

As I leave I look at the river once more

then turn away and walk back the way I came

on the cold paved road with my feet going pitter patter.

For the last four months in math class we have been working on a project where we are given ten thousand dollars mediforicley and are to spend it on three stocks of our choose that we think will do good. The three stocks that I chose were Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Home Depot and I chose each of the stocks for different reasons. The reason I chose the company Coca-Cola was because when I looked at a historical graph on the computer from the year so far it looked like it was going up with only a few dips so I thought it would be a good company. When I bought stocks from the Pepsi company I thought it would be a good idea because it is popular drink and you see a lot of people at stores buying it. I bought Home Depot because since it was going to be winter soon I thought that people would buy things there like snow blowers, shovels, and things to fix damage from the snow storms. Then when we waited twenty-four weeks we sold all our stocks and I ended up with an profit of 1,708.95 dollars.

If I could do this profect over again I would change a few of the choses I made. One thing I would change would be that I would not have bought Pepsi because I already have another drink company. Another reason I would not have bought Pepsi is that in the end of the twenty-four weeks it didn,t end up doing as good as I hoped for. If i could i would have invested more in the Coca-Cola and the Home Depot company because they raise a lot of money. If I would of changed these things I would of probably made a little more money.

If you are interested in investing in some stocks on the stock market I would give some advice. One thing I would suggest is that you should try to buy stocks from a company that is cheap and is on it's way up so you can buy a lot of them. I would defenally check out the history of a company to see how it has been doing in the prevoius year to see if it's going up or down. I would suggest not to buy two of the same type of companys like I did which were Coca-Cola and Pepsi you should buy the one you think is better because they are competing. When you buy stocks you should defenally do your research on them and get advice so you can make as much money as you can. 

Our grade for Earth Day had a assembly where a group of people came in and educated us on the three R's which are reduce, reuse, and recycle and also they told us about how most of our trash that we throw away isn't really all trash some of it is recyclables and compost. Then after they finished talking they had an activity for us to do that was related to what they were talking about before. For the activity we had a tarp on the floor with three different colored bins on the edge. Each bin had a label reduce, reuse, or recycle on it and in the middle of the tarp we had our schools trash from the last three days. In the activity we weighed the total amount of trash first which was 87.5 pounds and then sorted the trash into the bins. When we finished the sorting we weighted each bin with 9 pounds of recyclables, 51 pounds of compost, and 25 pounds of true trash.

The last two weeks we have been learning about severe weather. There were four main different types of severe weather that we studied. They were tornadoes, lighting, hurricanes, and flash floods. Our teacher Mrs. Adams then gave the project we would with learning about the different weather. So in class we each were given one of the four weather topics to find facts and information about it. Then every one collected their facts and organized them with topics like safety, associated weather, and history. After all that was done we had a graded group discussion about the weather with the people who were learning about the same topic. The people learning about the other topics listen in to the discussion and took notes. I thought it was a good way of learning about the different types of severe weather.

What the artifacts repersent

• Leaf -The forest

• Silver Plastic -The swords and fighting

• Crusader Shield -How they fought in the crusade wars

• England Flag -Where the main characters live in Hartslove

• Europe Map -Shows where they travelled

• The Cross -There religan

• The Red -The red horse

• The Blue -Sadness

On November nineth our class started a project on the stock market. In the project we each got 10,000 dollars to spend on stocks. We had to divid the money between three stocks that we invested and I chose Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Home Depot. So we followed the stocks for 20 weeks and to make it easier to see how much money we got we made a table on a spreedsheet that contained the total money we made and how much stocks we had of a company. In the end I made 1,709.40 I wish I had  buyed those stocks for real.

When i was nine, one weekend I was in North Conway with my mom, dad, Ali, Ali's mom, and Laddy my dog. Ali and I were really bored so the parents decided that we drive up Mt.Washington. It was a nice warm fall day and the leaves were changing colors. When we got to the mountain we droped my dad and dog off because they wanted to climb up Mt.Washington instead. The way up was really steep and about two-thrids the way up the car started to overheat. So we pulled the car over to the side to let it cool. When we stopped there was a rocky cliff going way down right beside us. When we looked at the mountains surrounding us they were all different colors because that the leaves were changing colors. When the car was ready to go we drove the rest of the way up till we got to the top. We visted all the buildings learning about Mt.Washingto. My dad met us only about  thirty minutes after we arrived up. The view from the top was breathetaking, we could see for miles away. I had a nice day with my family and friends and the mountain was beautiful.