Copyright (c) 2014 by MG Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MG -- Blogmeister

*Megan's Blog*-

Doniphan West Middle School Computer Classes

by MG teacher: Mrs. Gatz

Title: Chapter 3 Blog Response #2 (10/07/09)
Description: Blog Response 2 - Ch. 3 Students need to blog a reaction to their small group discussion of Chapter 3.
-Choose three things to discuss from the list of topics below.
-Things agreed with your group
-Things you disagreed with your group
-A topic that created heavy debate
-A topic or question that made you really think
-A topic in which you want to discuss more about
No requirement on length, but make sure you use complete sentences.

My group and I agreed that it wasn't right for her to be picked on that way for those reasons.Because it doesn't matter where your from or what you look like or who you hang out with.The inside is what counts and if you hang out with the right people, you'll have more friends than ever expected.

It made me really think when we discussed if she was doing the right thing by leaving her school and transfering to another.But I think she's doing the right thing by starting over at a different school where she can make new friends.But then again if she gets picked on again she can't always switch schools.

A topic that I would like to discuss more about is why she gets bullied and why do you think she has a hard time making friends with her classmates.But I don't think its her fault for being bullied.I think its the kids who want to feel better about themselves so they bully others.

Topics.

1. Things agreed in your group

In my discussion group we all agreed that Marianne helped Jodee by being her friend. Marianne didn’t care what Jodee looked like she just wanted somebody to be friends with and hang out with.

2. Things disagreed in your group

In my discussion group we disagreed when someone asked if we thought Jodee shouldn’t have stood up for the kids in the def program and that she should have just watched. It was a goof thing Jodee stood up for the handicapped kids because they couldn’t have done much to stand up for themselves.

3. A topic that created a heavy debate.

In my discussion group, a topic that created a heavy debate was “Do you think Jodee regrets standing up for Marianne and being her friend?” A person in my group said that “she gave up her lunch hour and put her heart in soul into that”. Which maybe was a little to dramatic but I thought it was a good discussion.

Chapter 3 Blog Response #2

Responses from small group discussion.

We all disagreed on in our group (Adam, Narissa, Scotti, and Me!) was that if Jodde should of stayed at the school or changed. Some people said that she should of stayed at the school because maybe it would show that she was tough and she didn’t care what people thought about her. Other people said It was good that she changed so she could get a fresh start. A topic that caused debate was if Jodee should keep not being herself. A topic that made us really think was is if we would of egged that old ladies house. After a lot od discussion we all decided that we wouldn’t of if she really like those people then maybe suggest a friend that they knew they would not of gotten mad.

• Our group agreed that stuff that happened in the book mostly happens on the computer or through texting. Our group discussed a lot about how you shouldn’t have to choose between two of your friends, I thought we should have discussed that topic some more. The topic that created heavy debate was why Jo Ellen acted the way she did to Jodee when she found out she was friends with Marine.

Blog response #2: Students need to blog a reaction to their small group discussion of chapter 3.

·         A topic that caused a heavy debate was when one of our members of our group asks us if we thought that Jodee will try to be herself at her next school. Some things that we said were that we really didn’t know if Jodee really knew who she was because she was trying to fit in with everyone and forgot who she was.

·         If I could discuss a topic more it would probably be about when the teacher at her old school did nothing about the bullying problem. I would like to hear other people’s opinion. Adults always say that kids should come to them if they are in trouble, but if the teacher does nothing about the situation then there really is no use.

·         My group and I all agreed that Jodee should try out a new school. We thought that things might be better for her there and she would make new friends. But we yet we still had mixed feeling toward that idea because she shouldn’t always run away from her problems.

In the group i was in we discussed what is hapaning to Jodee and her famaly and frends.The main discusion was that it was horible what the nun said to Jodees' parents and then we discussed why it was rong to do that. But we disagred on the reson why Jodees father didn't come home and that was mainly it.

I agreed with a lot of answers in my group but, a topic that created a lot of heavy debate was, If you were in Jodee's spot and had to choose between doing the right thing or tepeeing and egging a elderly woman's house with Greg and Jo Ellen.

A question that really made me think was, If I was in Jodee's place and my best friend told me that I couldn't be friends with Marianne anymore, how would you react?

A question I really wanted to discuss more about was, When Jodee told on Jo Ellen and Greg for making fun of the handicapped kids, how do you think she felt?

Overall, my group was really good. They came up with great questions and answered them well.

Me and Scotti didn't agree on bullying she thinks it's mean and I don't I think it's fun. She texted me and asked why dont you invite me to your party. Then I said because you dont bully any buddy and she said because it's not nice and just not right. When Adam asked me a really wierd question and I didn't know what to put so I put what and then after that class was over. I wanted more time to text to are group and talk more about peoples questions and the party at Calli's house. That's when I got grounded because of Jodee so we bully her now we put her shoe in the toilet at school.  

One topic the created heavy debate was when Greg and Jo Ellen were told on by Jodee because they were tormenting the deaf kids. Jodee didn't want to be a tattle tale but the sister made her tell her. Some kids said a tattle tale is a tattle tale and they deserve what they get but some others thought you shouldn't outcast a person just because of one thing they did.

One thing i disagreed with my group about was if you would have transfered to a new school. I didnt think i would have transfer to a new school because I would be letting my self give up and run away. I think Jodee could of made some new friends and avoided the people who bullied her.

One topic my group agreed on was if our friends wanted us to help them egg an elderly persons house we would of done what. We all agreed that we would do it so our friends would think we are cool. After we were done we would say we better get home because we have a curfew. After our friends left we would go to the old persons house and say we saw some kids egging their house and offer to help them clean it up.

In our group discussion we discussed a lot of things. It really surprised me on how hard it was to answer some of the question like one of the questions was “If you were in Jodee’s position and you were the one being bullied what do you think you would do”, at first I thought maybe tell an adult but then I was like well I would probably be too scared to do that. So in the end I decided that I would probably keep it to myself unless it got really serious.

One thing that created a heavy debate in out group was “Do you think Jodee will be happy even though she is being transferred”? My group thought that she would be happy because she is getting away from all the bullies. Then we thought about it and we were like maybe she won’t like it because she might be scared of being bullied again. We thought about that one for a while and in the end we decided that she would be better off being transferred.

One topic I would like to talk more about is about Jodee and why did the other kids think it was wrong for her to hang out with the little deaf girl. We did not really discuss that one a lot we just decided that it was because the little girl had special needs. I wanted to know why the older kids did not like her, why they thought she was weird, and why the kids would not give her and try and be like Jodee. The little girl did not want to be like that she never got to choose.

Things agreed with your group

·         Something my whole group agreed about was that they wouldn’t go to a different school if they were being bullied like Jodee was. They would stay there and face the bullies because if you move it will just show the bullies that they have won. If this happens they will just keep on bulling people because they think they are good at it.

A topic that created heavy debate

·         A topic that created have debate was whether or not they would go to a different school if they were being bullied. We finally decided that we wouldn’t change schools because not all people can change schools and you shouldn’t run away from a problem like being bullied.

A topic that really made me think

·         A topic that really made me think was when we were talking about when she got called a freak by the people she thought were her friends.  I wouldn’t have run away like she did. I would have just acted like nothing happened or told some one.

Some things that our group agreed about was that the only reason that the kids at jodees school made fun of her was because she hung out with marianne a deaf girl that is handicapped. Also the only reason why the kids made fun of marianne was because she was deaf and handicapped and because she had any good clothingand because she is four years younger than them and, she lived in a poor neighborhood.    We did disagree with one question in our group do you think that jodee will have the same problem at the next school ? (why or why not) some of us said no and some of us said yes and we explained why we thought what we thought . The topic that created great debate was about that one question about do you think that jodee will have the same problem at the next school? why or why not.   The question do you think that terry and jo ellen really wanted to be jodee's friend again or were they just pretending?why The things that jodee thought changed in 5th grade like she was invited to two slumber parties in the first week and the popular girls wanted to play tag and stuff with her. Then people started bullying  her again just because she was hanging around a little deaf handicapped girl named marianne and she was just tying to be nice but she actually liked her as a friend.                                                  

Blog response 2:  “small group discussion”

Things that created heavy debate: One question that created heavy debate was over weather Jodee’s school will be better for her or worse. Some of us said that her new school would be better for her because she would meet new friends and have no reputation. Some of us on the other hand thought that it wouldn’t be better for her because they thought she wouldn’t be confident going to that new school, and that she would still be bullied and maybe things would get worse.

Things that were agreed with my group:

My group agreed on many things.  We agreed that it wasn’t  right for kids to make fun of Jodee for being friends with Marianne. We talked about the situation when Jodee wanted to go to Joanne’s party because she thought it was more important than her play. Our group all agreed that her play was more important than going to Joanne’s house because she had worked so hard on it. We thought she should not hang around with her other friends because they weren’t very nice people.

Things disagreed with our group:

One thing that my group kind of had a debate about was weather it was fair for Jodee to have to transfer schools or not. Some of the people in our grop said that it was fair for her to transfer schools and some of us said she shouldn’t. The reason some of us said we thought it wasn’t fair was because Jodee wasn’t  the one who was really doing anything. She was doing what was right but being made fun of for it. Other people said she should because they thought maybee her new school would be better for her and that she would find new friends.

Our small group discussion was good we all wanted to know if she would do good at her new school. If she would fit in again. What could happen to make all the kids dislike her again? We just wanted to get to reading again.

·         Most of my group decided that Jodee would have a good time at her new school and that it would grow worse and worse as the year went on.

·         I would like to discuss more about why the kids would be nice and friendly again only to shun her once more.

·         Most of my group thought that she would instantly have a bad experience at the new school but I thought that she would be popular again only to become the outcast again.

Everyone in my group all hade different opinions on weather or not Jodee will be better off at her new school or if it would be worse. I thought it would get better not perfect but better. Some of them thought it would stay about the same, but one person thought it would get much worse, and I guess they where right. There were some things that we did agree on like we all thought that the two girls that wanted to be jodee's friend again where just pretending so that they can do something rilly mean to her.

Things my group discussed:

My group agreed that we wouldn’t have egged the old lady's house. We also agreed that the woman may have had an issue to where she couldn’t have cleaned it up.

My group disagreed about the fact that Jodi could have changed schools earlier. Some of us thought she couldn't leave because she did not want to give them the glory of her leaving.

I wanted to discuss more about why the school kids disliked the old lady and why they disliked her robe.

My group agreed on how we thought that Jo Ellen was actually jealous of Marianne because Jo Ellen was not getting alot of attention from Jodee as she used to when her and Jodee hung out. We also agreed on how we thought Jodee did the right thing by telling Jo Ellen she will hang out with Marianne.

A topic that created a heavy debate was the way we all were talking about how excited Jodee was when she knew Marianne was coming over to her house and how she probably never felt that was with her old friends because they always wanted to be mean to people but Jodee was different and didn't want to do that to people.

Something that made my really think was when one of the teachers was telling us how her husband can't hear out of one ear and can't see out of one eye, and then on his other eye he doesn't have peripheral vision. So it just kind of made think about how lucky some of us are and we shouldn't take advantage of that. We should be happy with what we have and what we can do. It's not their fault. Making fun of them just makes it worse for them, they have enough to think about and they sure don't need you reminding them of what is wrong about them. It all just made me think twice.

Article posted October 14, 2009 at 01:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 73

• Things I agreed with your group

Well my group agreed on that someone bullies who they are jealous of, because the person they bully receives something they don’t. So let’s say that they bullied Marianne because probably Marianne gets more attention then they do, because of her handicap issues.

• A topic or question that made you really think

Well we had a question that really made us think because Jodee wanted to go back to popular people. We had a long discussion over this because we all had different and opinion and believes on the topic. But in conclusion we all agreed on she just wanted to be accepted into a group.

• Things you disagreed with your group

Well we disagreed that Jodee would make more friends because it was a smaller school. It would be hard to make friends at small school because they aren’t as many people to find that have the same likes and dislikes that you do.

I don't understand why that would happen its just confusing to me and i think its horrible. Jodee is hurt and it sucks.

I am 13 years old I love Oaklahoma Sooners and My favorite sport is Volleyball and cheerleading. I love to swim and hang out with my friends.