SRCA

by teacher: Rye Alumni

No matterif a bridge is long or short, high or low,strong or week, curved or straight, most bridges have one purpose, that's to take you over a series of obsticals. Not all bridges so, because there's the bridge that's on your nose. some bridges can be a little wooden one in your back yard that takes you over a marsh or puddle, other bridges can take you over one of the strongest rivers in the world or with one of the strongest current. Some have ropes, some aremade from metals, some arewooden, others are from stone. Some bridges can be over 1 mile lonf, others can be only 5 feet long. Other bridges can sing to you others are silent.There are famouse that everyone may know about, and there are bridges that may be in your back yard that are only famouse to you and your family and maybe your friends.

When I woke up this smorning I had some trouble putting on all of my armor because today we fight the Celts. My scutum, or sheild was dented from the last war I fought in. My Lorica wasn't fitting right because it was a little too tight. I was very happy with my helmet because it had protected me in every battle yet. My spatha was just sharpened so it will be very easy to use in battle. But before I put on all my armour I went to the bath and talked with some other soldiers that I was close to. The baths were very warm because the furnace was going. I didn't want to leave because I was so warm and comfortable. After I was done with the baths, I went to the commanders quarters to see when we were leaving for battle. I needed to say good by to my family, so I headed off to the barrocks where they sleep. I feel good that Im prepared for battle, but Im nervouse to see who will win the battle and I dont want to die because I two sons and a wife. I think that we will win because the celts helmet only is leather and sometimes week metle. They only look big because they wear figures of horned beasts. I do fear there weapens like the spear because they have a special spiral tip that can go far into the enemy. It can be hard to strike them because they have a sheild that covers their whole body. When we invaded them a while ago their town doesn't seem too impressive because they only have a few houses and only one workshop. They hardly have anything else. I'm pretty confident that we will win like we always do because we are much more advanced. I have a pair shoes which makes it much easier, but i that they have boots made out of leather. No matter what, we will still dominate this battle and win once again!

In science class we made Valentine's Day cards. We had to come up with sayings that involved science. Here are some examples.....

1. Roses are red, violets are blue, unlike a star, you aleays shine through

2. Your heart is as big as a full moon

3. Your like the sun to me, you shine all day!

The harbor was still,

steady as could be, but you just couldn't view the whole sea,

a great layer

of fog was covering it, and hiding it away.

So you couldn't see the ocean through the whole day.

I don't think that it's fair that dogs aren't allowed to walk on the beach in the summer, they aren't allowed to walk past 8:00 in the morning, so that's pretty much not being able to walk for the whole day. Its good for dogs to get their exercise on the beach, and its also fun for the owners, and good bonding time.

The beach will have more life to it, and dogs love to run free and splash in the waves. The cute little puppies don't like being cooped up all day! It's a very nice place for owners and their dogs to spend time together and over all it's a very nice safe open place for a dog to go for a walk and just run around. When dogs and their owners just walk in the same area all the time, then it can get boring. But when they go to the beach its not just sand and water, there are unlimited things to do, because everyday something new washes up on shore.

If people don't like dogs and are afraid of them then they can just stay away from them. Another thing is if dogs were still allowed on the beach all day, but for a certain time they had to be on leashes. And if people don't like the sound of the dogs barking then that person with their dog could always walk in the morning with the dogs that don't have to be on leashes. So in the morning dogs go free, and until twelve in the afternoon dogs can be on leashes.

Another idea is that we could take some of the beach and it could be just for dogs, a dog only beach. If this couldn't happen it would be a law that all owners must clean up after their dogs go to the bathroom. I think that that would work out for everyone and that everyone would be happy. Thank you for reading.

This document was spoken on August 28, 1963. I think it was written because not all men were treated equally. This speech was about all men are created equal and that we should treat each other with respect and we should all come together. This document has come true and much more people treat each other with respect. Every year more and more people are treated equally, and with respect. So I think that this speech was about how we all need to make the world a better place.

A long time ago in ancient Greece, there was a terrible crime committed. This crime occurred in a little town, that anybody hardly knew existed. No crime ever happens there, until that day. Once upon a time there was an average women taking a walk with her best friend. These two women are nice, and never did anything wrong. While they were walking and chatting, they took a short cut through a dark ally, where your normally not supposed to go. While they were walking, man mysteriously walked in front of them and slowly pulled out a knife from his coat. The two friends panicked and started to run, but the person was just feat away. One of the friends became tired,and gave up running,but the other women just kept running while listening to her friend being dragged away screaming in horror. She didn't have the guts to turn back. The man took her away and was never saw, or heard of again.

The women witnessed her best friend die and never told a living soul. About a week had past since the tragedy happened, and finally a loud thunderous , deep voice out of the sky was telling her that she will be punished for witnessing a murder. The god said a a loud voice that since she wont tell people what she witnessed, then the gods said that she will become the sky until she spots and reports to the gods 1 million people that made the same mistake she made. She was crying and pleading to the gods if she could just have one more chance, but it was too late, she was the sky before she knew it.

It was very hard for her to get used to the fact that she was the sky, but like anything else, she eventually got used to it. Hundreds and hundreds of years have past, she was just watching people making the same mistake that she had and felt very bad about it. This was torture for her, she wish she could tell them to stop. She had been the sky for 10,000 years now, and it was just another average day and reported the one millionth mistake. She was set free, the gods gave her a choice to go to heaven, or relive her life the very day she watched her friend die.

The gods were watching down on her, and were very impressed on how she was doing. So the gods decided that they would give her a test. The test was that the gods would transform into humans, and live on earth around her. One of the gods would become friends with her and the other god would act like a criminal and make her relive what had happen. She made the same mistake all over again, and as soon as that happened, the gods turned into their true form and told her that she failed the test. Before she could beg and plead she was part of the sky. So when there is ever rain,she is crying, when there are thunder storms, she is angry. This is why we have weather changes. THE END

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 05:00 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Dear Mom and Dad,

I have been learning so much in math this year. We have been learning Module 1 so far. In Module 1, we reviewed some things that we did last year, but we learned a lot of new things too. In the beginning of the year, we learned about line graphs, bar graphs, we also learned how to analyze a graph. Then, we learned all about how to make frequency tables. We learned a lot about number tricks and how they work, variables and algebra. I now know how to make equations for example: T=2xN+1.

I mostly understood about probability. Probability is A number from 0-1 that tells how likely an event is to happen. Theoretical probability is what is supposed to happen, experimental probability is what actually happens. I did an experiment with my friend on probability, we did it on the colors of star-bursts. We took 20 star-bursts and divided them up. We had 6 pink, 6 yellow 3 red and 5 orange. We picked them out of the bag 60 times then recorded it.

We learned about the order of operations. That is what we recently just learned. Order of operations is when there is a Problem like 2x3/3+1

and we have to solve that problem using the order of operations. We call it PEMDAS. Because P is for parenthesis and E is for exponents M is for multiplication and D is for division A is for Addition and S is for subtraction. We even listened to a song on it.

That is all of the things we have learned it module one!! Thanks for reading.