JSBE-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

In the 7th grade, in Rye Jr High we are now learning about helping the earth. We learned a lot about compost, recycling, waste, and many more. The first activity was trash sorting. What we did was we weighed the trash from two day of lunches. There was about 85 pounds of landfill trash. Then we dumped the trash out onto some mats. After we did that, we sorted the trash into three bins, one bin was compost, other bin was recycle and the last bin was landfill. After we sorted the trash we had about 25 pounds of landfill trash left.

The second thing we did was watch some movies on a lot of different things about the earth.One movie was on the story of stuff which was about buying stuff and then once it breaks to get another. Another was about tv ads and want kids to get their parents to buy things for them and the last one was landfill. These were all based on opinion which isn't always right.Then last we did a webcast for earth day, which i was not here for. Now i will end my story. Thank you for reading.

In math class we did a project on stock market. We all picked 3 stocks to serch every Firday sinceNov.19. We all had 1,000 dollar to spend on stock. I when we were doing this project I picked Apple, Google,and Homedepot. In this project yuor stock rised and fell. Even know we didn't realy buy the stocks we all had a lot of fun and also though of it as we had bought for real.

This wordle is of a story i did on the ice storm in 2009.

Ice hockey is a very cool Winter Olympic sport. Hockey is a sport of strength and skill. In the Olympics, Canada is mostly a hockey playing team because most of the winter they play hockey. In hockey there can only be 6 people on the ice at a time. They play for 20 minute periods with 15 minute intermission.

When Canada is training they train like a big family. They train with a lot of talking and working hard and together. I picked Canada because I picked somewhat random I also know that Canada has good hockey players. I tracked both the Woman's and Men's ice hockey from February 13, 2010 to February 21,2010 and they won every game except for one.Canada does a lot of sports. Canada has lot of athletes. They have a total of 6 medals in hockey. Hockey come from old french. It was called hocquet it means stick. In 1879 college students at Mcgill.

A nimbus can't rain on my my love.

You make me feel like I'm walking on planets.

My heart is beating as fast as the planet are turning.

It's a perfect time to be loving you under the full moon.

Article posted January 8, 2010 at 03:13 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 42

I think we should increase Halloween trick or treating times and have the kids go in shifts.

I have some ideas to help organize it and make Halloween more safe. I think it would be good to have different times for different age groups. The little kids that are kinder to second grade could go trick or treating first from2-4 . Then 3rd through 6th graders could go4-6 and then finally the oldest kids could go 6-9. If you scattered the times then the younger kids would feel more comfortable and and not be intimidated by the older kids.

I think we should keep trick or treating before Halloween because there are more policemen available to keep the streets safe. When our town is going trick or treating the Portsmouth policemen help our town keep kids safe. Kids should also go in groups of two or more to be more safe.

I think it is good for kids to be creative and have fun. Kids can also have fun and kids from all age groups to express themselves in their own good way.

You might ask these questions or why would I let my kids do go out. This could be some questions: what about bad people? what about car? what about earlier? what about older kids? it is too late on a school night?

I have some compromise for them. Like more polices, we could ask drivers to stop driving on Halloween or be careful, we could do it early but I think all kids would want at night a tradition. When we go out for trick or treat there should be some different time for different ages groups.

When kids have more freedom they have more respect for life and for others. They will also have good life skill and responsibility.

My experience at Strawbery Banke was about Thanksgiving. My group went to different houses. The different houses we went to had different ways of celebrating Thanksgiving, like in the Jewish house we made mazta balls soup. Another house rich victory house were we made food bag for the poor.

We had Moon rocks in our class for a week. It was so nice to have the honor to have them.  It was fun learning about the Moon rocks.

We did three things with them. We taught another class about the moon rocks.  We looked at them under a microscope. We got to have the rocks for an entire week.  We were lucky because we Skyped with a school in California.  Thank you to NASA for letting us use the rocks.