Stay Beautiful, And Keep It Ugly

we put rocks and grass in a tube and the cockroach liked to go to the rocks more then the grass

We did an experiment this last week on whether cockroaches preferred a rocky surface over a grass surface. 3/4 trials we did, the cockroach preferred a rocky environment over a grass surface. Though most of the time it just sat there and cleaned it's antennas.

My group was wondering if MHC had ears. so we tested to see what kind of music they liked. our first trial was with the song "cinemas" and "call me maybe" and they seemed to like cinemas better. then the next day we tried the song "boyfriend" and "drummer boy" with different cockroaches and they seemed to like the song boyfriend better the drummer boy. then come to find out the cockroaches do have ears.!(:

We did an experiment with cockroaches. We wanted to see whether the cockroach would react to magnets. We put it in a paper towel and made it crawl down to the magnet and it just stoped we changed the metals and it crawled right out and over it. So it dose react to it

my team did a test to test how fast a cockroach can run. a cockroach just running normally can run .21 mph with a predator or my hand it ran .31mph. hat is the results of your test.

Can cockroaches hear? If so do they like Carly are jensens call me mabey or rappers cinema better?

We will be measuring of they can hear.

My team will be using our headphones and playing one song with one pair of headphones and a different song with the other pair on a different iPod. We will see how they react and which head phone the go to.

We are going to use the table two iPods and two pairs of headphones.

Notes 

They like cinema better than call me maby and blow. 

They like boyfriend better than drumber boy 

This week I experimented on how will cockroaches react in different environments. The first one is sand, second is salt, and third is metal. The conclusion was that it tried to escape the box no matter the environment it was in. Later I found out that it likes dark concealed space where it can not be found by predators.

Our cockroaches were alot of things, such as; brave, sleepy, and stupid. Our first cockroach approached the soap and emidietly fell asleep. After he woke up, he walked around the soap circle and eventually found the way out. The second cockroach was set down in the middle of the circle and marched right through the soap like a warrior. The third cockroach walks in circles for about five minutes then walked through the little door we made. So it's a little hard to say if cockroaches like soap of not...

My team and I did a experiment with cockroaches. We wanted to know if the cockroaches like wet surfaces or dry surfaces. Most of the times the cockroach liked the dry surface. But one time the cockroach went to the wet surface. Overall the cockroach seemed to like the dry surface.

For our experiment we wanted to know if the cockroach prefer dry or moiste soil. I predicted that the cockroach would choose dry soil because in Washington there's no cockroaches because the climate is wet. We put dry and moist soil on the opposite side and see where the cockroach would go. The cockroach went to the dry soil 4/5 time and went to the moist soil 1/5 times. Our result was uncertain whether the cockroach prefer dry or moist soil because it was quite difficult to make the cockroach decide where to go. The cockroach just seems like they want to run and get away from human. However, when we did are experiment the cockroach went to the dry soil more than the moist soil. Though our conclusion is uncertain.

Article posted June 8, 2012 at 06:46 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 41

My experiment question was can they walk upside down? Me Jen and Liz looked up videos on you tube to get our answer. It didn't take that long to find our answer. Yes cockroaches can walk up side down.

For our experiment we put rocks on one side of a bin and grass in the other side. We put a cockroach in the middle. are question was: which surface would it like better? After doing our experiment, we concluded that it liked the liked the rocks better. Our data shows that the cockroach stayed on the rocks the most for 3/4 trials. I think the cockroach preffered the rocks better because it was more appealing to the touch. It could have been some other reason though. Members of our team put their hands near it when it reached the wall which could have influenced its choice and it sat there in one spot and cleaned it's antennas, not moving.

While experimenting with Cockroaches I found out they like to hide from people. They went to the grass and eaqual amount of times as they went to the dirt. We had troubled seeing if they wanted to run from us or they really just want to go to one or the other areas.

We found out that cockroaches prefer dry environments rather than wet. we conducted an experiment where we put the cockroach between a dry and wet environment to see which it would choose. it chose dry.

Peace.

for my groups experiment, we made a maze for the cockroach to go through. we put her in the beginning, and at the end we put rotten lettuce (because cockroaches like rotting food.) our question was if they could navigate through the maze. Shaniqua (as we later named her xD)ended up going through the maze, hitting dead ends then turning around and going the right way after a while. though she did cheat, and crawled under one of the walls to get to the lettuce. we could only try it twice,with the limited time, but the first time she made it after cheating, and the second time she made it to the lettuce without going under or over anything.

For our cockroach experiments we tested navigation and common sense. Our claim was that the cockroach would be able to navigate through the maze to find their own food. We were correct because all the times tested the cockroach had a couple times of error but eventually made it through the maze to the lettuce. We don't really have much for evidence but all the times we started over the maze the roach made it to the end. so there fore cockroaches can maneuver mazes easily with only slight error.

Jacob, Tyler, Chris, Johnny and I made an experiment about how fast can they run. They normally ran about .21 mph. If a predator comes they can run about .39 mph. That was fast. They can run really fast if danger comes. We made kinney's hand chase the cockroach because it senses that it was danger so it ran.

Me, Kyah, and Jen watched cockroach videos on YouTube for our experiment and we observed all of what we had to and we learned a lot!:)

Mukda and mine experiment we wanted to know if the cockroach prefer dry or moist soil. I had predicted that the cockroach would choose moist soil because in Madagascar they are found in the forest in tree logs. We had put dry and moist soil on opposite sides. The cockroach went to the dry soil 4 out of 5 time and went to the moist soil 1 out of 5 times. Results were uncertain whether the cockroach prefers dry or moist soil because it was difficult to make the cockroach decide where to go. The cockroach just seems like they want to run and get away from us :(.

I love rockstars!!!!