Title: Health Post Grade 7 (05/31/12)
Description: Demonstrate your understanding of key health concepts from this year by writing a post on the documentary viewed and discussed in class. View assignment details here.

My class studied human forms in health, and watched the documentary "SuperSize Me" as an example of bad eating.  We learned that the process to make their signature "McNuggets" requires a gruesome process that nobody, or nothing, should ever have to experience.  It shows the trickery of the toys in their "Happy Meals" to lure children into their clutches.  The playgrounds and characters, even a television show, were created only to allow the kids to become addicted on the food just for the toy.

In the video documentary, a man in perfect health, and a vegetarian, has a goal to eat at Mcdonald's for 30 days, as a meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Before he accepts the challenge, he asks multiple doctors and has tests, to help his health, and they advise him that he should have an easy time doing it.  There is a catch to it, though, that if offered to be "Supersized" he must accept, therefore, that's how the title is "SuperSize Me".  Throughout the 30 days he does it, he asks multiple McDonald's if they have a nutrition chart to either post or hand out.  The one that he does find is hidden and they won't make copies as handouts.  In the end it makes him so obese and have so much problems that he comes close to death.  He eventually makes it to day 30 with 9 supersizes, and he ate enough McDonald's that nutritionists say he should eat in 8 years, and totally had 90 meals, which is close to the number of meals consumed once a month in an 8 year period.

In this documentary, I learned that  McDonald's is just trying to get business from people, not caring about the customer's health, because even though they make salads now, they still use so much fat in the dressing that it is just as bad.  a person should manage their nutrition through eating healthy foods with good proteins, such as steak and chicken.  They should exercise up to 1 and a half hours each day. I was personally affected by this realizing hiow glad I am not to be obese, or eating McDonald's daily.  I am sure that, if I do have it, I will wait about 4 months before having one again.  That is why I will be glad that I am not obese and that this assignment will hopefully help you understand to not eat for toys, but to be healthy.         

Good Luck, and have a great summer. D.J. AP

In health class at my school we have been learning about nutrition and to kind of get a visual aid, we watched a video on Youtube called "SuperSize Me" which takes place in New York City, New York at his home, doctor’s offices and McDonald’s around the United States. The video was a documentary put together by a man named Morgan that decided to eat McDonald’s for 30 days straight for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Morgan who was running the documentary had a great, healthy diet to start and was about 150 pounds. On about the 20th day he had gone to see an Exercise Physiologist and had found out that he was now wagering about 200 pounds. Morgan is not used to all of this type of fast food because his girlfriend is a vegan chef so he is more used to eating things with low dairy counts and not a lot of meat.

Before Morgan could start this challenge of eating McDonald’s for 30 days straight. He visited 3 specialists to see if he was healthy enough to start.  During the first 2-3 weeks of this diet Morgan was throwing up and having stomach pains etc., during the last couple weeks; he started feeling out of breath too. He learned that although McDonald’s may seem delicious and so much fun to go there to get the toys and to play in the jungle gym, the food is very bad for you with high sodium and sugar levels. The labels may say with real potatoes or with no sugar added or real fruit, people should ask for the nutrition table to see if those things are all true. "SuperSize Me" may seem like a gross and disgusting video about a person who has no life, but to most people who are watching it they are learning that products at the McDonald’s are not what they are cut out to be. The only exercise that Morgan is getting is walking to and from each McDonald’s and then walking up the steps to his apartment. Morgan may have seemed healthy, but when he went to the specialists, the numbers he received for his cholesterol and other things.

I learned that each person that goes to McDonald’s should only be going there about once or twice a year and exercising afterwards and they should keep exercising daily if they want to be physically fit. Below are the equations that we talked about during our health class, they tell you how much weight is lost or gained and the calories burned. I was personally affected by this documentary because I don’t normally go to McDonald’s and it was interesting to see that by this video all of the things that I learned from this video I didn’t realize that McDonald’s could be that bad for you. I rarely go to McDonald’s and I now don’t really want to go after seeing that documentary in health class.

*Maintain weight: calories eaten = calories burned

Lose weight: calories eaten < calories burned

Gain weight: calories eaten > calories burned

Many people today forget the importance of staying healthy. Some focus on only one portion of health, whether it's eating a nutritionally fit diet or exercising regularly. They don't see that in order to be in truly outstanding physical health, you have to incorporate both a nutritionally fit diet and regular exercise into your everyday life.

Recently we watched a documentary in health class entitled Supersize Me. It is about a man who eats nothing but McDonalds for 30 days and is required to exercise as little as possible, so he can show the harmful effects of fast-food combined with lack of exercise. In the beginning of the experiment, Morgan Spurlock, the man conducting the experiment, is seen by a nutritionist, gastroenterologist, and a normal physician. All of these doctors said he was in excellent physical health. As time passed and Morgan ate more McDonalds, he began to notice that he felt worse and worse every meal. When he saw the nutritionist half way through the experiment, he had gained weight, and his carbohydrate intake had sharply risen. With his lack of exercise, Morgan was told that he would feel worse and worse if he continued the experiment. The gastroenterologist and physician both agreed that he could potentially go into liver failure if he continued eating McDonalds for the remainder of the experiment. At the end of the thirty days, the nutritionist told him that if he didn't start exercising and stop eating McDonalds for every meal, there was a good chance he would die. The Gastroenterologist and physician both agreed that the McDonalds had damaged his liver to the same degree as an alcoholic, but in a fraction of the time it would take an alcoholic to damage their liver so severely. 

This video showed me the dangers of eating too much McDonalds without sufficient exercise to complement the fast food. Ideally, a person should eat a balanced diet comparable to that suggested by the FDA dietary guidelines. They should typically be physically active at a level equivalent to walking three or more miles at three to four miles per hour along with the light physical activity of daily life. This documentary showed me the severe damage eating too much fast-food can cause. It has made me think frequently about my health and well-being. Super Size Me has made me more conscious about my health and made me strive to exercise more frequently than before.

This documentary 

Article posted June 1, 2012 at 04:55 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 82

Nutrition is a very big part of being healthy. To contain a helathy lifestyle we can't eat fast food for every day of the week. But some people choose to do. The people who choose to do that put themselves in danger to having many problems with their health.

The video we watched, super size me, explaind how a man would eat Mcdonalds for a whole month. Before he started he visited a gastrologist, a regular doctor, a nutritionist, and a exercise physiologist. The whole point of the video was to get the point across that fast food is very fattening and that you can't eat it every day. Because his body was not used to the food, he got sick on the 2nd or 3rd day. He said it was like quitting smoking. That after you stop for 5 days you are good but in his case after you ate the food for 5 days. After a few days, he again visited the doctors again. He gained a little wait and his blood pressure was high. Along with not eating properly he was also not exercising as much a normal, Which also had an impact on his weight.

During this video I realized that too much bad fatty food is not good for you. Occasionally it is okay but not every single day. I learned many of the illnesses that can occur from the intake of fast food everyday. People should know how to manage their diet. If people are going to eat athat much, they should al least exercise. Moderate physical activity is walking or running done at less than 60% of max heart rate for age. Max heart rate is 200 beats/minute minus the persons age.

In our 7th Grade Health Class we have been studying food and nutrition and watched the documentary Super Size Me which shows the drastic effects of an unhealthy diet. It is specifically about how eating only fast food for 30 days would affect a person's health. At the same time, it shows how the rate of overweight and morbidly obese people has increased.

In Supersize Me, the creator of the documentary agrees to do a test on how much it would affect him if he only ate McDonald's food for 30 days. He also agreed to "supersize" while on this diet, meaning that he will not only eat only fast food for 30 days, but he must also choose the largest sizes available. He also isn't allowed to exercise or walk for long distances during this time. He had multiple people from several medical fields examine him throughout the experiment to see how much this would affect him. Among the several were an exercise physician and a nutritionist. He is very drastically affected by this experiment, even to the point where several of his medical advisors recommend that he should immediately stop the diet. Among the things that increased greatly was his cholesterol which jumped from being at a perfectly healthy level to an extremely unhealthy level. Throughout this diet he performed several other experiments such as trying to find the nutritional value of the different items on the menu, and checking out school cafeterias to see the kind of diets kids were having during school. Click here for more information on Supersize Me.

The documentary shows that people should only eat fast food in moderation and that people also need lots of exercise. Everyone should get about an hour of athletic activity and almost any nutritionist will recommend that people eat no fast food. This documentary disgusted me even more especially when I saw the school cafeterias and what they were feeding the students because I had already known how unhealthy school lunches were already, but this showed that they are even worse than people think. I personally gave up eating fast food 2 years ago because it had started making me sick and I decided to live a healthier lifestyle. I have since quickly become much more athletic and have been eating much healthier. I don't regret my choice to stop eating fast food, in fact I think that it has helped me a lot.

For the past few weeks in health class, we've been watching "Supersize Me," which is a documentary about a man named Morgan who decided to eat Mcdonald's for 30 days. We watched this video because this whole year in health, we've been learning the importance of staying healthy by eating right and exercising. Everything he eats has to be from Mcdonald's, even water! At one point, he wouldn’t even take pills because they weren't sold at Mcdonald's!

Before he began his experiment, Morgan visited three specialists to make sure he was in good health by getting some tests. He went to a doctor, nutritionist, and an exercise physiologist. To learn more about what exercise physiologists do, click here. To learn more about what nutritionists do, click here. Because he lives in New York City, Morgan walked everywhere. Because he would burn a lot of the Mcdonad’s off, Morgan followed the advice of the professionals and could only walk 5000 steps per day. Also, his calorie intake increased, causing him to gain at least ten pounds. Morgan also threw up a few times because his system was used to the grease-drenched food served at Mcdonald’s. At about the 20th day, when Morgan visited the doctor and nutritionist and was weighed, they told him it really was putting an impact on his health. They asked him to take some pills, but he refused saying they didn’t sell them at McDonald’s. Morgan stood strong and finished his challenge. To learn more about Morgan’s experience, watch Supersize Me!

I really enjoyed watching “Supersize Me,” because it was both entertaining, and it taught a lesson. I learned that although McDonald’s may taste delicious, it is made with cheap unhealthy ingredients, and cooked in dirty facilities. To maintain a healthy weight, you have to eat the same number of calories that you burn. To gain weight, you need to eat more calories than you burn off, and to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you eat (see * for easy-to-understand equations). Also, I learned that America is the fattest nation and that candy companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars advertising, while organic and “healthy” companies only spend a few million. From watching this documentary, I’ve also tried to eat more healthy and non-processed foods. I’ve also promised myself that I’d never eat McDonald’s again, even though I rarely do, because I learned that Chicken McNuggets are nothing but old chickens combined with unhealthy ingredients!

Many people today may not pay much attention to nutrition and health.They may not know that America is the most overweight country in the world.There is one thing that a lot of Americans eat and that is "fast food." In this article it will talk about how a man wanted to put an impact on people and make a documentory of America's eating habits.

The movie Super Size Me is about a guy who wanted to show people all over the country how bad fast food is for you. So he decided to do an experiment of him only eating Mcdonalds everyday for a month.In order for him to start the experiment he wanted to talk with his doctor,nutritionist , and his personal trainer. They all said that going on this diet wouldn't have a bad effect on his body but they didn't know how bad it could really get. During the process of the experiment the man started to not feel good and began getting addicted to the fast food. The doctors told him that he should stop this because it is killing his liver. The man did end up finishing the experiment and he gained a lot of weight from it . In the end he should many people that fast food is bad and people need to pay attetion on how desrtuctive it can be towards your body.

Throughout watching this movie it showed that eating right and exercising is lacking in the United States.There is way to get rid of obesity and that is eating the correct diet and exercising everyday. Some people may not know it but if people keep eating fast food they could be risking there life if they don' t eat better and workout more.

If you would like to learn more about this documentory click on the hyperlink below. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/super-size-me/

For the past couple if weeks, we have been watching a documentary called Super Size Me in health class. Our health teacher has showed us this film because she has been teaching us about the nutrients we need, and what foods the should come from. She has also been teaching us about the exercise we need to get in order to stay healthy. Super Size Me is about this guy named Morgan Spurlock. He made a plan to eat McDonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for thirty days. He met up with doctors to monitor what's happening to his body. This film is also very educational to the people who watch it. The film teaches us about the obesity of americans, and what just eating McDonalds for thirty days can do to your body. As a result, the then-32-year-old Spurlock gained 24½ lbs. That's a 13% body mass increase, a cholesterol level of 230, and experienced mood swings, and fat accumulation in his liver. It took Spurlock fourteen months to lose the weight gained from his experiment using a vegan diet supervised by his future wife, a chef who specializes in gourmet vegan dishes.The reason for Spurlock's investigation was the increasing spread of obesity throughout U.S. society, which the Surgeon General has declared "epidemic," and the corresponding lawsuit brought against McDonald's on behalf of two overweight girls, who, it was alleged, became obese as a result of eating McDonald's food. Spurlock points out that although the lawsuit against McDonald's failed, much of the same criticism leveled against the tobacco companies applies to fast food franchises whose product is both physiologically addictive and physically harmful. To see this video, click here. I learned that eating McDonald's is very bad for you. Us Americans need to stop eating fast-food and start excercising. Fast-food does not have the nutritions we need in order to live a healthy lifestyle. Although the video didn't really effect me personally, I do believe that the rest of America should watch this. My lifestyle choices will remain the same because I rarely eat fast-food. I am also always outside and getting plenty of excercise.

In my health class we watched a movie called Super Size Me. We watched this movie to teach us about exercise and mainly nutrition. This movie is about a man how ate Mcdonalds for thirty days. He had to eat only Mcdonalds nothing else for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  He had to super size the meal but, only if they asked.

The nutritional aspects of this video were to show that very simple you SHOULD NOT EAT MC'DONALDS. The man in this video is the facts. It shows if you eat it for an elongated time for many times a day you will get addicted to it like a drug. If your not eating then you will get depressed like any drug attic would. His body mass increased by 13% had a weight gain of 24 1/2 .lbs and a cholesterol level of 230. He had fat accumulation in his liver too. For exercising he was only allowed to walk has much has a typical united states citizen but he did not follow this , as he walked more than allowed to in New York. He had seen several medical advisers through out the film while three of them were doctors one was a nutritionist who told him to get rid of all sugars and caffeine from the menu. If you want to learn more about Super Size Me than click on the movie title.

This video has taught me many things. Like too have a god healthy life style. That includes a good diet and exercise with no fast food. This personally affected me because I thought it was disgusting and I probably won't eat Mc'Donalds for a long time. I will try to have a good exercise life just like everybody should. Some of the things that you should be aware about is knowing that if you eat more calories then you burn then you will gain weight and vice versa. This film is very interesting and I recommend that you watch it.

This year in Health class we watched a video documentary called “Supersize Me.” In this video a man, Morgan Spurlock, ate only McDonalds for 30 consecutive days. His reasoning for doing so was to determine whether or not it would drastically affect his body, and what types of problems it may cause.                                                     

He begins and goes to visit multiple doctors to check his heart rate, blood pressure, etc. For example, he visited a cardiologist, as well as a nutritionist and personal trainer. He had a few rules that he must follow during his experiment. He must go to McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for all 30 days. If asked to be supersized by the McDonalds employee, he must agree. He couldn’t exercise after the project began so that it wouldn’t interfere with the process, and lastly, he must have everything on the menu at least once, including bottled water. After beginning he realized even after he just ate, his body still craved more. He even got sick and it was only day two. Later on in the experiment he had gained an unnatural amount of weight for the short time period and he was experiencing side effects such as mood swings. He taped his meals every day with his camera and made them into a movie Supersize Me.”

From this video, the number one lesson I learned was to always watch my health and keep myself healthy and safe. It is ok to go out and have fast food once in a while but if it becomes a habit or an everyday thing, your health could be seriously in danger. If you decide that you would occasionally like to splurge and have a McDonalds run, make sure that you can get enough exercise to equal the amount of calories you intake. If you have a higher calorie intake than your amount of exercise, you are most likely to gain weight. If your exercise rate is higher than your calorie intake, you are more likely to lose weight. I personally was affected by this video because I knew fast food wasn’t good for you but I never truly new some of the long term effects. I had taken it upon myself now to take better care of myself and keep myself healthy.

This year, my health teacher and class talked about nutrition and staying healthy throughout your life. We watched the documentary Super- Size Me so that we could see the number of aspects in our world that cause obesity. We learned how and what to eat and when things that may be unhealthy eaten in moderation are allowed. The documentary helped show us how to eat better and healthier foods. We also learned about how many minutes we should exercise each day and at what level. We learned a lot about exercise and nutrition this year and I really enjoyed it because now I know how live a happy life while still being healthy and containing a reasonable weight.

The documentary Super-Size Me is about a man whose name is Morgan Spurlock making a challenge for himself  to eat from the fast food place McDonald's every day and for every meal for thirty days straight. He is not allowed to walk past a certain limit because he is trying to show how many obese Americans lead their lives. If a worker at McDonald's asks him if he wants to "Super-Size" his meal, he must say yes. Before he starts, he goes to a few people to help him and tell him if this challenge would be too hard or hurt his body too much to follow it through. Morgan is usually a very active man who is healthy, so when he goes to his doctor, nutritionist, and personal trainer, they assume that he will not have many big changes. When he goes to the doctor about half-way through, though, they find out that his cholesterol levels, sodium levels, and fat content along with his weight have changed a lot and are starting to get to dangerous levels. Morgan goes so far with this that he is forced to call the hospital if he has any pains in his chest or arm, which could indicate he was having a heart attack. His nutritionist tells him that he is taking in way to many calories and he should stop. He learns that his liver is getting fatty and because of his lack of exercise, he is gaining a lot of his weight. He keeps on going, though, and the things that his body was enduring where not good. This documentary helps tell all Americans how the fast food places that we eat at draw people in and how they hide nutrition facts from us or lie to us about their food. It tells about how food  and people have changed in America throughout the years, and it makes everyone really think about their diets and exercise habits.

This video taught me that there are a lot of obese people in our world today, but I do not have to be one.  Some people do not realize that all they need to do to eat healthier is eat a diet that stays in your limits for calorie intake and does not contain so much fat. Saturated and trans fats are not good for you and should be kept out of your grocery cart. Cholesterol and high sodium contents should also be watched while eating during the day. A lot of nutritionists suggest eating fast foods once every month or never. Exercising is also important if you want to stay healthy. As most commercials say, "Get out and play an hour a day." Staying healthy really is not that hard if you think about it this way: 1) if  you take in more calories than you burn off, you are going to gain weight, 2) if you take in less calories than you burn off, you will lose weight, and 3) if you take in the same number of calories that you burn off, your weight will stay the same.  If you do not exercise a lot, than you should start at a low pace and time and gradually move up so that you get a great health benefit. I learned that fast food places can deceive you very easily while watching this document. I want to eat healthier now and I actually think about what is in my food before I eat it. I would suggest that everyone watches this documentary because the lessons it teaches are very beneficial, and they will help you throughout life.

This year in our health class we viewed and discussed the movie Super Size Me, a documentary in which a man eats McDonald's food for 30 days straight. The movie focuses on how fatty foods such as these can affect your health. We watched this because we were studying nutrition and exercise in health class.

In Super Size Me, a man by the name of Morgan Spurlock decides to run an experiment. He will eat nothing but McDonalds for 30 days in a row, much to the disgust of his vegan girlfriend. He wants to experiment and determine how these foods can affect your health, or even your mood, after a certain amount eaten. He gets the help of a few doctors, who will keep track of his weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. When he first starts the experiment, the doctors predict slight change. However, after a while with the food and little exercise, there is more change than the doctors had predicted. His heath has decreased, and the doctors say he is at risk of hurting his liver. They weren't prepared for that big of a change in his health.

I learned a few things from Super Size Me. Food from fast food places, although fine every once and while, should not be the only thing you eat. To have a good diet, you need to get nutritional value from other sorts of food items, and eat things like fast food in small portions. If you want to maintain health, you need to balance out your exercise time and what you consume. If the calories consumed are the same amount you burned, you have had a good amount of exercise time. This movie, although slightly changing how I feel about fast food, will not stop me from stopping at McDonald's every so often.

During health class, my seventh grade class watched a video called Supersize Me. It basically showed this man named Morgan Spurlock who ate McDonalds for thirty days strait. He ate the McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

The aspect of this experiment was to see how bad McDonalds can be for you. He had to follow the rule for a whole month. After the third day he already began throwing up. After a couple of weeks Morgan began to become addicted to the McDonalds food just like you would become addicted to smoking. He started to act like he needed the McDonalds food. Morgan didn’t just decide to do this experiment, the nutritionist and doctor recommended it. I also think Morgan though did want to find out how bad it was for people too. You can tell when you watch the video that many people are going through obesity because of eating fast food every single day. For more information on this video click here on Supersize Me

I definitely learned a ton of stuff after watching the video Supersize Me. If you want to be healthy and have a good life style then you should definitely have a normal exercising routine and eat the right foods. If you eat fast foods every day then you probably will not live as long as a person who makes their own food and has a healthy diet. I learned that having fast foods everyday especially McDonalds is unhealthy and bad for you. It can cause many sicknesses and even death. Eating fast foods are very bad for your heart and can cause heart attaches. The best thing in life is to make good choices and stay healthy. 

nd stay healthy. 

This year in health class we learned about nutrition and exercise. We learned about the importance of a healthy diet and how to eat healthy. We learned about the different kinds of foods that are bad and good for you.

The video "Super Size Me" is about a guy, whose name is Morgan, who takes on a challenge to eat McDonalds for 30 days straight. He has to also eat all 3 meals there, and he has to have tried everything before 30 days is up. Before taking this challenge, he goes to a nutritionist and to a doctor, who make sure that he is healthy enough to do this. One of these doctors doesn't expect a big change but as the challenge goes on the doctor is surprised with the change. When the doctors checked Morgan for the second time, there was a big difference: Weight gain, increased cholesterol, and an increase in fat in his body. The nutritional aspect of this is McDonalds' food isn't healthy everyday because of the amount of processed fat in it. This experiment also shows that at an exercise point of view McDonalds' food ,with the lack of exercise that people get each day, is very fattening and is 1 of the culprits of obesity in Americans. That video has changed the way that I look at fast food.

I learned from this video that fast food isn't the best food choice to eat. I think that I personally have started to eat better. I also found myself not eating as much fast food as I was. I also think that a person should manage their nutrition and exercise by not taking in more calories than you burn off. It is better to make them equal by eating the same amount of calories that you can burn off. I also think that people should manage nutrition by making healthier choices like salads and fruit instead of junk foods.This video has taught me a lot about staying healthy and exercising more.

This year, 7th grade has learned about nutrition and exercise for our bodies in health class. Super-Size Me is a documentary that we watched during class to learn more about nutrition and exercise. This is a reflection on the documentary.

Super-Size Me is about documentarian named Morgan Spurlock who decides to prove that McDonald's foods are unhealthy by eating only McDonald's food for thirty days for three meals a day. And if he is asked if he would like his meal super sized, he has to say yes. Morgan also has to eat every single thing on the menu by the end of the thirty days at least once. Before Morgan starts his experiment, he is tested by three doctors- general practitioner, a cardiologist, and gastroenterologist. They say his health is good and will monitor him during the experiment. Morgan also talks to a dietitian/nutritionist and an exercise physiologist. Morgan is also imitating the lifestyle of the people who eat fast good so he will not exercise for the thirty days, limiting his steps to under 5,000 per day. As the experiment begins, Morgan starts off good. He eats three meals a day and tries to limit his steps to under 5,000. He finds the meals addictive because of the ingredients in the food. During the documentary, Morgan discusses issues in America's obesity and the problem with McDonald's food. As the days go on, Morgan finds himself feeling sick eating McDonalds food. His visits the three doctors again as well as the dietitian/nutritionist and the physiologist. They tell him he is gaining more fat and loosing muscle mass and if he does feel sick and unwell, it would be wise to not continue the experiment because it could endanger himself. But he continues with the experiment anyway. Then as the experiment nears the end, Morgan experiences heart palpitations. The doctors tell him he should stop immediately because it could cause his heart severe damage. And despite the warning, Morgan continues.  Doctors are surprised at the damage done to his heart and other problems that the diet had caused as he finishes his experiment. He makes it to day 30, achieving his goal.

I learned from this documentary that McDonald and fast food is not healthy for you. It doesn't provide all the nutrients you need to have a healthy diet and life-style. People should exercise at least 30 minutes a day or depending how many calories you had eaten that day. You can also eat foods that are not so healthy for you less and foods that are good for you more. The more calories you eat and the less you exercise, the more weight you gain. The fewer calories you eat and the more you exercise, you can end up losing weight. But if you eat the same amount of calories and exercise the same amount, you can maintain good body weight. This documentary taught me to really watch how I eat because it could really affect my health. Seeing Morgan feel sick and unwell from eating McDonald's food made me realize that I shouldn't eat those foods and put whatever is in them into my body because it could do damage to my body and to my health.

This year in health class our class was watching a documentary called super-size me. In this documentary a man named Martin was going to eat McDonald’s for a month. He wanted to see all the frustrating things that can happen with your body while Martin is eating at a simple fast food restaurant constantly like McDonald.

At the first day thing everything was fine but on 2nd day things started to change. Before Martin was going to do the challenge he went to a doctor and a nutritionist, to see if it was all right to do this experiment. In the super-size me, documentary the doctor, and the nutritionist, said that Martin has great health. So Martin can do it, but the doctor said to take precaution of what he eats in McDonalds. When Martin started he wanted to find out about how many calories is he eating in McDonalds so he can write it down on the chart he got from the nutritionist. Though while he was doing this he was going through changes like being depressed most of the time and, also having sever sicknesses.

I have learned a lot of things while watching this documentary, super –size me. I learned that if you exercise more and eat healthier food you have to go through what Martin did. Also I learned a lot of health issues that your body can have. That is what I learned out of all of this.
mso-bidi-font-family:Aharoni">

In Health class, we watched a movie called Super Size Me. We are learning about exercise and nutrition this year. To teach us about managing our diet and food intake, we were shown this movie.

In Super Size Me, Morgan Spurlock vows to eat nothing but McDonalds food, breakfast lunch and dinner, for 30 days. He also had to consume every item on the menu at least once. He could only eat food from the menu, including bottled water. If he was asked if he wanted to "supersize" the meal, he was required to. Since most Americans do not exercise daily, he could not exersise at all except for walking around. He frequently visited a cardiologist, a nutritionist, and a personal trainer. They recorded his weight and his blood pressure among other things. In 30 days, he gained 24.6 pounds, which took him 14 months on a strict diet to work off.

I learned that we should watch what we eat and eat food that is good for you. I learned in class that if we intake more calories than we burn off, we will gain weight. If we eat less calories than we intake, we lose weight. If we consume equal amounts, our weight will stay the same. Watching that video made me disgusted by what our country eats. I know that in the future I will try my hardest not to eat fast food.  We could have a brighter (and healthier) future if our country did not deteriorate our health by eating fast food.

The seventh grade class watched a video about our health and that you are risking your life if you do not watch your diet.  This video is trying to teach us to keep a good diet and exercise often.  When you eat a healthy diet, most of the time you will feel better.

This video that we watched was about a person trying to eat McDonalds for 30 days. This was called "Super Size Me."  Some people helped him which were doctors and nutritionists.  This allowed him to see how his health was throughout the whole challenge.  There were also rules which were he wasn't allowed to walk more than 2,000 steps and if the workers asked if he wanted to supersize it than he had to.  The first ten days were easy for him and enjoyed the food.  The next ten days was a little bit harder and even got a little sick. But the next seven days were very hard and challenging and the doctors said he couldn't continue, but he still might.  You will have to watch the end of "Super Size Me" on the site. Click here to watch it.topdocumentaryfilms.com/super-size-me.

This video has made me focus on my diet.  It also has shown me that McDonalds is not a healthy place to eat.  If you do not exercise enough and eat junk foods, you will have too many calories and you weight will increase.  If you do exercise and eat good foods for you, you will have a healthy diet.  This documentary has also helped me to eat healthier and exercise daily.  Because of this documentary, I will follow a healthier diet, and hopefully you will, too.