Copyright (c) 2014 by KK Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KK -- Blogmeister

The Jacklinks eater

5C 09-10

One to One computing room

by KK

teacher: Matt McCartney

5th Grade moments of 2009-2010!!

By: KK

Favorite Moments

Your year in fifth grade will be a fun and challenging at the same time! If there is one thing you need to know there are a lot of expectations in fifth grade. You will also have some challenges as you excel through your 5th grade year. It will take some time to figure out fifth grade. You will have great opportunities to socialize with your friends and other students in the classroom. There are a lot of favored events in fifth grade that 1st through 4th do not get to do. You will read more about these events below in my essay.

Fort Snelling was one great learning experience. I liked it because I felt like I was a fur trapper back in the old days. My favorite part was when we saw the armed forces shoot their muskets. They took a long time to reload it and it was very inaccurate. Then when we got to go to the Doctors Office and see a doctor show what would happen to people that were injured on a local classmate. My other favorite part was when we saw the Blacksmith make a nail for Mr. McCartney. My second Favorite Moment of fifth grade was when we got to go on a nature walk and study plants and Fungi. It was really fun Identifying the different types of plants and moss, and how crazy are guide was seeing the slightest bit of moss he would yell out “this is very common Moss in Minnesota.” Then my 3rd Favorite moment was the all too AWESOME Dance off Between Mr. McCartney and Mr. Kuehn!!! It was my favorite because they hung a poster in our room and in the lunch room it was crazy! But I was hoping to see the razor come out and Play though… Ugh I hope it happens Next year though!

Survival Tips

Here Are 3 facts to survive 5th grade with Mr. McCartney and 5th grade. Rule number 3 never forget to do your homework. If you get more than 5 Lates during fourth quarter you will not get to participate in the annual Kickball game and when you are watching the end of the quarter movies, you’re in the hall working on homework so that’s why ALWAYS get your homework done ALWAYS. My 2 tip to you is DO NOT talk back to the teacher, Otherwise you’re going to be in a HEAP of trouble. Because in 5th grade we do not tolerate that kind of behavior. The teachers will be on you like you just talked back to them and they do not like that one Bit. And now the most Important rule if you’re in Mr. McCartney class. Do not make bets with him!!!! He will win every bet he chooses like in Math we were doing problems and we said he was wrong so Mr. McCartney said “Fine if I am wrong then I will do 10 pushups, But if you lose then you owe me 20 pushups if you opposed for me being wrong” so we said “Ok” turns out he was right and I am not to good at pushups so Number one rule. DON’T MAKE BETS WITH MR.MCCARTNEY=http://!!

Classroom Expectations

Here are 3 Classroom expectations we have in Mr. McCartney’s Class, A good example is we are in fifth grade we don’t goof around if you do you cut into other peoples work time and your work time so basically its more homework for you and the people around you. Our second Classroom expectation is always above the line behavior talked about from teacher to teacher. We have been doing above the line behavior from 1st grade to 12th grade. Above the line behavior is being nice and not being a bad person that’s always cranky and what not. Also are biggest rule in 5th grade… RESPECT! Respect is barely ever used in schools but some of you guys and the entire 5th grade are trying to bring back respect. Have you ever been called a name? That is the opposite of respect and in fifth grade, we do not tolerate that one bit.

Social Time

No not social studies Actually Socially Bonding, Social means to talk to your friends when you are permitted to talk. Skyping is a good way to talk to people from different states and or country! We have talked to people in many different states like a recent one in Rhode Island. Also we have Skyped with people In Canada! So Skyping is very social indeed. Another social bonding was at the Kindness retreat. The kindness retreat was one of the best social thing at school I hope they still do this when the Fifth graders leave. We were allowed to talk with the councilors and Friends when the councilors were not talking. We learned so much about kindness and got a cool pin at the end with a word on it that says KINDNESS. Now here is my third way of socially bonding… blogging! The 5th grade all got blogs starting out from Mr. McCartney’s class. We have so many opportunities to blog with other people from ANYWHERE in the world literally. Also the best part was we get to keep them forever! We also got to customize our own Blog page. The cool part was we could do assignments that Mr. McCartney posted on the blog. On times Mr. McCartney would even post videos of us on his blog cool right?

Challenges of fifth grade

I am sorry to say, yes there are some challenges in fifth grade. Like the number one challenge, Lates. Lates are one of the most commonly known in fifth grade lates can take away grades by 3 points and if you don’t do the late that you got yesterday you get a 0. Lates can also affect the sports you play in school, like if you get more then 5 lates in fourth quarter you do not get to participate in the annual 5th graders versus the teachers. Another challenge is Grades. Grades are the top priority of 5th grade. It can catch up to you when you’re older. Like when you are applying for a job they will check your grades and maybe decline you to work there. Some Homework is very challenging for some in fifth grade. Then another challenge is Homework, homework is a review of basically what you learned today some people don’t listen when the teachers explaining this subject to you it will be a challenge for you when you get home you will mark my words on that.

Thank you for reading my essay I hope that intrigued you when you read this essay I hope this will be as fun as are year through 2009-2010 and I hope it will be fun through 2010-forever! It probably will be as fun as what you have just read well I hope that fifth grade goes well for you and will go extremely easy for you guys.

Sincerely, Extremely happy graduate of fifth grade.

Summer Rules School Drools

Summer rules school drools

Playing outside in the blotting sun

If we saw a school we would probably run

So let’s enjoy are 104 days of freedom.

Because summer rules school Drools

Article posted May 6, 2010 at 04:46 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 51

create free polls | comment on this

Free Widgets

By: KK

Love me forever

Always Nice

Really Funny 

Awesome

Extremely Special

Mostly cool

Ordinary NOT

The Best momEver

Happy, Always

Extra Different

Really Nice

Super Mom

Different (In a Good Way)

Awesome

You are Sweet

Powerful

Over

Everything

Mommy for Life

I love you forever filling my life with serenity, Love, and Joy I love you with everything I have, I love you mom

-Sincerely Konner (Your Loving Son)

My Ugly Tree

My ugly tree in the middle of nowhere,

You’re a tree I cannot bare,

Old people think you’re beautiful from the trunk to the tip,

I say it will burn good in a fire pit,

The three bushes you grew make me so mad,

I hope my mom hits you in her van,

But finally when I take you for a liking my dad gave you a big ole’ slice,

So now you’re gone

Article posted May 4, 2010 at 03:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

Here Is an Experiment that a friend and I did it is really simple

Fact 1 Norway is the Land of the Midnight Sun. During part of the summer, the sun shines all day and night in the north country.

Vikings were skilled shipbuilders. Their boats are on display in museums in Norway. Fact 2 Norway was called Kingdom of Norway back in there old days. Fact 3 The capital of Norway is Oslo. Fact 4 Norway's major Businesses are Food Processing Petroleum and Natural, Ship building, and Fishing. Fact 5 Norway is 125,181 square mile, Slightly bigger than New Mexico

Russia, Fact 1 Russia has a large fishing industry. It is a major producer of caviar or fish eggs.

Fact 2 The square miles of Russia is 6,562,115 Fact 3 Their currency is labeled Russian Ruble (RUR) Fact 4 The capital is Moscow

Fact 5 The official name of Russia is Russian Federation

Detail 1. With no trees or other plants there would be no Oxygen

Detail 2. Rocks get worn down by wind and water

Detail 3. Sand does not Absorb water or hold on to water

Detail 4. Water can make holes in rocks

Detail 5. Erosion can destroy houses by going under or if your on a cliff the rock will ware down the rocks then your house is off the cliff and on the bottom of the cliff

1. They have a dream.

2. They have a plan.

3. They have specific knowledge or training.

4. They’re willing to work hard.

5. They don’t take no for an answer.

Remember: Success begins with a state of mind. You must believe you’ll be successful in order to become a success. (Found On) http://www.davekahle.com/article/people.htm

2.Successful People Have a Dream. They have a well-defined purpose. They have a definite goal. They know what they want. They aren’t easily influenced by the thoughts and opinions of others. They have willpower. They have ideas. Their strong desire brings strong results. They go out and do things that others say can’t be done(Found On)http://www.davekahle.com/article/people.htm

3.Successful People Have the Courage to Admit They’ve Made a Mistake. When you make a mistake, admit it, fix it, and move on. Don’t waste a lot of time, energy, money, and/or other resources trying to defend a mistake or a bad decision.(Found On)http://www.davekahle.com/article/people.htm

Remember: When people are wrong, they may admit it to themselves. If they are handled gently and tactfully, they may admit it to others and even take pride in their frankness and broad-mindedness. But people become very defensive and angry when others try to cram their mistakes down their throats

An adult Response: Mr McCartney,

They persevere they don't give up easily and they keep trying even if they fail 60 times. Take risks, smart risk. They're not afraid to take risk and they love what you are doing. If you don't enjoy what you're doing then find a job that suits you.