Copyright (c) 2014 by JH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JH -- Blogmeister

Yo Yo It's Joe

5C 09-10

One to One computing room

by JH

teacher: Matt McCartney

5th grade

In 5th grade you will have some wacky adventures. You will also have favorite moments & some challenges; you will have many opportunities to be social; and throughout the year you will be told survival tips not just for 5th grade but some are also life lessons. At the beginning of the year, you will be given classroom expectations like wearing shirt that cover your shoulders and stomach and stuff like that you probably already know. These are some of the things about 5th grade I want you to know.

Survival Tips

Before going into 5th grade, you will need some survival tips. #1. Stay out of other kids business unless it concerns you. If you can do that no one will freak out at you and it will be a happy classroomJ. #2.      Be nice to EVERYONE. If you’re nice to everyone, everyone will be nice to you. #3. Stay away from drama. If you don’t handle it carefully, it can sting you VERY badly. These are my tips and use them wisely.

Classroom Expectations

There are many classroom expectations in 5th grade, also. One is be respectful to everyone because you can make some new friends this way. The next is treating the class tools with respect because other people may need to use it in the future. The final one is listen to your teacher or whoever is speaking. These are just some of the expectations of 5th grade.

Social

5th grade will be one of the most social years in your life. Recess is a very social time because you can hang out with your friends and you can play games with people you barely know. You will make new friends and make friendships stronger. One more social thing, that I hope you don’t have to do this, is class bathroom breaks. The reason we had to do this is because people were reported of goofing around in the bathroom. Those are some of the social things that will go on in 5th grade.

Challenges

With 5th grade comes a lot of challenging challenges. I’m only going to tell you three, the rest you have to figure out for yourself. #1 is classes. If you thought 4th grade was easy, than 5th grade is slightly harder. #2 is late assignments. This year the lates are for real. If you get more 5 lates you can’t play in the kick ball game at the end of the year (so far I’m playing). #3 is the kick ball game. The favorite part of any 5th graders year. These are some of the challenges in 5th grade.

Favorite Moments

We all have favorites and favorite moments. I have three major favorite moments I will tell you. Yours may be different but you can’t change mine. Mine are math (call me crazy but I love it), hanging out with friends (who doesn’t like that), and the kick ball game. First off is math. Both of my parents have accounting degrees and they say that is why I’m so good at it. Next is friends. Real friends stay by your side when you need help and are going through rough times. Last is the kick ball game. As I’ve mentioned many times before, it hasn’t happened yet but it will be fun. These are my favorite moments and things in 5th grade and I hope you enjoy them, too.

Concluder

I have to wrap this up, but I want to put in one more paragraph so here it is. I hope you have many favorite moments and challenges in the best possible way. I’m POSITIVE you will get many 5th grade and life survival tips. Like I said earlier, in the beginning of the year you will receive many expectations but I’m sure you can not only do them but exceed in them. You will talk A LOT (be social) and will have opportunities to correct and mess with your soon to be teachers. I’m sure you look forward to 5th grade because when I was your age I really did.     

Summer

Sun is shining bright

Animals are all around

Flowers are in bloom

Article posted May 6, 2010 at 04:13 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 61

Mother’s day poem

Mother, mother, I love you so

Even though you can't sew

You love me through thick and thin

Even if I get jammed in the recycling bin

There is not much left to say

So… happy mother’s day

I loveyou, mom!!!

Wolves Wolves are amazing

Their instincts in full gear

Alaska they roam.

Article posted March 12, 2010 at 02:59 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 46

I think the three most important characteristics for successful people are...

1. Courageous

2. Patient

3. And just straight out fun-loving.

If you want success, follow these facts and your dreams because anything is possible!!

Here are some of my favorite

NHL players (except for the last one) 

Alexander Ovechkin has a nasty slap shot.

Sidney Crosby is my FAVORITE player in the NHL

Mikko Koivu is my favorite Minnesota Wild player

Evgeni Malkin is my second favorite player

Yippee!

Who is your favorite player(s)?

That's all folks!!

Article posted February 11, 2010 at 03:10 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Water

Incredible

Nature

Tremendous

Entirely Stuck

Regardless that it’s…

Frozen

Relentless

Odd

Sub-Zero

Tiring                

Article posted February 11, 2010 at 02:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

All out of doors looked darkly in at him

Through the thin frost, almost in separate stars,

That gathers on the pane in empty rooms.

What kept his eyes from giving back the gaze

Was the lamp tilted near them in his hand.

What kept him from remembering what it was

That brought him to that creaking room was age.

He stood with barrels round him -- at a loss.

And having scared the cellar under him

In clomping there, he scared it once again

In clomping off; -- and scared the outer night,

Which has its sounds, familiar, like the roar

Of trees and crack of branches, common things,

But nothing so like beating on a box.

A light he was to no one but himself

Where now he sat, concerned with he knew what,

A quiet light, and then not even that.

He consigned to the moon, such as she was,

So late-arising, to the broken moon

As better than the sun in any case

For such a charge, his snow upon the roof,

His icicles along the wall to keep;

And slept. The log that shifted with a jolt

Once in the stove, disturbed him and he shifted,

And eased his heavy breathing, but still slept.

One aged man -- one man -- can't keep a house,

A farm, a countryside, or if he can,

It's thus he does it of a winter night.

Source: http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/robert_frost/poems/602.html

Article posted December 31, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

Joey passes the puck to Mitchell as he zooms through Finland’s defense at the red line. USA is up 6-0 with 3:24 left in the second game in the medal rounds. Mitchell is on the break-away with Finland’s defense mere feet behind him and closing. He shoots at the hash-marks, the goalie makes a move but it was after the puck was in the net. “Top shelf” Mitch said to himself. USA is now up 7-0 with 2:47 on the clock. For the rest of the game it was either in Finland’s zone or the neutral zone with the exception Finland dumped it twice. With 1:21 a fight breaks out. Joey and some Finnish-and finished- dude. The stronger man (Joey) won the fight. Brad, the team’s star goalie, is a shy, sandy blond, twenty-three year old boy with possibly the fastest reflexes in the world. Joey, team captain and star defender, is an out-going, light brown haired, twenty-three year old (younger than Brad by nine days) guy who has a nasty slap-shot which can reach approximately one-hundred miles per an hour. And finally, Mitchell, the star forward of the team and assistant team captain. Only words can describe him. Disgusting, noisy, and smelly. I’m just kidding. He is kind, passionate, caring, and the ladies man of the trio. He also has the most goals on the team, sandy-blond hair, and is twenty-three (younger than Joey by thirty-eight days). Now you know the trio! After the game everyone congratulated each other on another win. They were all ecstatic because they have the silver clinched. If they win again, they have the gold. But they knew it wouldn’t be easy so they all got out of the locker room as fast as they could so they could rest. All except the trio that is. They waited and talked and recapped on the game they had just played and on the other games. “Brad, with three shut outs in four games and 74 saves in two games; you did phenomenal in the net. And Mitch, four hat tricks in four games; that is awesome. I had some hard hits and a goal a game isn’t so bad, I think my hardest shots clocked at least ninety-five miles per an hour. But, who did the best?” Joey asked. And as if they planned it, they all said, “Me” at the same time. After that they all started yelling reasons why he had done the best. After a while it turned into a fight. The team that was still in the locker room had to break it up. The trio couldn’t even stay in the same room as each other. They all rented their own rooms because they were so mad at each other. But they know they were on a team so they have to at least make it through the Olympics. But nobody wants to admit that he was wrong. If you think about it, it’s kind of stupid; they have been friends all their lives and now they get in a fight when they are in the Olympics? Once coach heard about it he was mad. He said if they continue to argue, they all sit the gold medal game. So of course they apologized to each other but the rest of the team told each of them he contributed the most to the team so they shouldn’t be fighting. Thankfully, the coach thought they meant it so he is going to let them play. About fifteen minutes before the big game and everyone’s pre-game rituals are done. Everyone is getting pumped for the biggest game of their lives. The coach gave them a little pep talk as they were getting dressed. They all knew what they have to do tonight but the question is can they use it in a way to win? As they all are heading onto the ice they hear the scream of the crowd. Then suddenly Mitchell realizes there in front of him is the channel 9 camera crew. Then the crowd’s screams became fainter and it became harder for Mitch to see. The next moment he fell and blacked out right on to the ice where national TV was watching him. The entire crowd went silent as he lay on his face on the ice. The trainer ran to his side and lifted the unconscious body up. Brad and Joey skated as hard as they could to help the trainer carry the motionless body to the bench. Soon later, Mitchell woke up in the locker room with Joey and Brad at his side. Mitch barely knew where he was. But, he could still remember that he was on TV. His first words were, “Am I a star yet?” About five minutes later he was back his feet and ready to play. Just to be sure, coach sat him for the first couple of shifts. The first shift Mitch was out he scored in between the goalie’s legs. No more goals were scored in the first or second periods. The next goal was scored by the Canadians. Brad muttered under breath, “Stupid Crosby.” Somehow, Sidney Crosby (who scored) heard him just faintly, but still heard him, and got so mad, he charged right at Brad. Luckily Joey got in his way and taught him a lesson. Oddly enough, Joey got the penalty for roughing. USA is now on penalty kill with 2:02 on the clock. Somehow, USA managed to keep the puck out of their net. Suddenly Joey gets out of the box with two seconds left. Joey’s defensive partner dumped the puck and Joey picked it up at the opponent’s blue line with a break-away. The entire arena is standing on their feet. Nobody is in between the goalie and Joey. He is at the top of the circle, then the hash-marks. The crowd is silent. Joey takes a wrist-shot at the goalie that has deadly accuracy with half a second left. It goes exactly where he wants it to go, the back of the net! The crowd goes wild (except the Canadians)! The clock shows nothing. Canada’s coach is flipping out because he thinks the game was over before the puck went in the net. But the officials say the goal stands. By now, half the crowd has already swarmed the ice. Game over. Final score, 1-2 USA. But this was all a dream. Because right now, I’m eleven and I’m still practicing so this can come true. Someday, it might! The every night for the rest of my life I dreamt about the trio again and this is how their lives are. After the Olympics, the boys went on to play in the NHL and got hot girlfriends. Mitchell had his debut with the Wild against the Pittsburgh Penguins, who happened to have Brad and Joey. Mitchell knew Brad’s weaknesses and used them against him by scoring a goal, but Joey got two assists, one to Sidney Crosby and one to Evgeni Malkian, and a goal. Later in the game Mitchell scored another one ten seconds after they pulled their goalie. They kept the goalie out for the last minute and a half. The trio still stayed friends and always called each other after each win (they called each other A LOT!). In four years they all went to the Olympics again to win the gold in a blow out, every game was a shutout and won by at least seven. By:JH

Ten Things I'm Thankful For...                                                                                                               

1. Wonderful relatives                                                                                                          

2. AWESOME Cousin Camp (see entry below about Cousin Camp)                                                  

3. Sidney Crosby                                                                                                           

4. Marc-Andre Fleury                                                                             

5.Food                                                                                                            

6.Water                                                                                                           

7.Shelter                                                                                                         

8.Baseball                                                                                                      

9. Where The Red Fern Grows                                                                                                             

10. HOCKEY!

I play hockey, football, & baseball in all positions. I am best at hockey & baseball. My favorite hockey player is Sidney Crosby. My favorite baseball player is Joe Mauer. My favorite football player is Michael Oher, rookie left tackle for the Baltimore Ravens.