teacher: Wendy Fisher

Conflict #2
The current conflict in the book Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements would be when one night Bobby’s parents were driving and they got into an accident. Bobby was devastated to hear that his parents were in serious condition in the hospital while he feels help less in his home thinking about what he can do. It really wasn’t helping his parents to know that there kid was invisible. But to add onto this conflict their neighbor Mrs. Trent watches the house because she knows that his parents were in a car accident. But the one day Mrs. Trent came over to give cookies to Bobby but before that Mrs. Trent called the hospital to ask who was watching Bobby. Bobby’s mom told Mrs. Trent that his aunt is staying with him till his parents get home. There is a problem because Mrs. Trent comes over to Bobby’s house to check on him, but his aunt that is watching him isn’t really watching him. So Mrs. Trent comes over to the house to check up and make sure that Bobby’s “aunt” is there, Bobby answers the door but he tells a lie to Mrs. Trent and tell her that his “aunt” is in the bath. That is the current conflict in the book Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements.

Article posted May 27, 2010 at 08:23 AM • comment • Reads 40 • see all articles