Copyright (c) 2014 by Shelton-C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Shelton-C -- Blogmeister

My Last Class

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Shelton-C

teacher: Terry Smith

My story is about memories from 4th grade. In 4th grade I have done a lot of things like going on a hike and getting wet and exploring caves. I have tasted squid and played games on the computer called Lure of the labrinth, Quest Atlantis, and Scratch from MIT. I also did an Air Guitar video. I have written blogs on the computer. I have written newspapers. In Scratch I made games but in Scratch you can make games, pictures, and music. In Lure of the labrinth you dress up like a monster and you try to save animals from real monsters. Quest Atlantis is a virtual word that teaches you things. In one mission you learn about genetics and cloning, and two researchers named Mrs. Lina and Mrs. Maria came to our class to help us on the mission, the name of the misson is Drakos. I have done book talks and in book talks you talk about a book you have read and show some parts in the book that you liked then ask for questions. In the Monster project I made an eye, legs, feet, and the toes for the monster. I have written letters to Africa. My class sent cameras to Africa. My favorite things I have done are go hiking, do blogs, play scratch, play Quest Atlantis, write newspapers, taste squid, do learning centers, have video conferences, do woodlands project, do Air Guitar, do landmark project, play internet chess, play lure of the labrinth, write Africa letters, send cameras to Africa, listen to Russian voicethreads, and do book talks and the reason I like these things are because I get to DO them and I wish it will never end.

Article posted May 13, 2010 at 04:53 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 70

Guess what? My class is going to Fall Creek! My class has to learn about trees there are posters all over the room to help us we also have a guest his name is..... Mr.Humble, he's from Burneside, England!

Guess what? My class had a chess tornament! I beat Tyler, Davion,and Abbie! Abbie was the second best match I had in school. Billy beat me so I was second Billy was the best match I done in school. Billy is the chess champion for the third time in a row! Billy has beat a fifth grader!

Article posted April 12, 2010 at 08:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 71

I have a virtual dog! My dog's name is Melton his favorite color is red and he likes to play.

Always were your seatbelt or you could get really injured. Your seatbelt can save your life! Some people don't were their seatbelt because their usually in a hurry but tell them to put it on. Let your voice be heard! You could Save a life!

Scratch Project

I made this game on scratch and it is called Jumping ! Click on the picture to play!

GUESS WHAT? We got to talk to kids in California  on a video  cameraand kids in my class got to make masks.We did a fun thing called I'm a Unknown number. My mask had stiches and silver around the eyes my friend Davion had gold around his eyes and he had a fake dimond that he made. My number sentence was add me to my self and you get 1,000,010. The  teacher's  name was Ms. Liana.

Article posted December 4, 2009 at 05:22 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 68

I am going to tell you about a boy named Melvin who was raised by librarians. The name of the book is "The Boy who was Raised by Librarians. The author is Carla Morris. The kid character is Melvin and the adult characters are Betty, Leola, and Marge. It started out when Melvin was reading. He graduated from college in the end of the book. He got to work at his favorite place which is the library. What caught my eye was when he became a librarian. We would rate it a 10 because it had good details and good pictures. The art work is always down low because the kid is small. The librarians were nice to him in the book because he came to the library everyday when he walked home he would stop by the library.

We just sent a camera to Africa it's blue and small. I think they will like it. We asked them to take a picture of their monsterr and their school. We hope  they love it. I hope  it  willl help them. It took  the box ten days to get to UGANDA  .

Article posted October 16, 2009 at 04:42 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 68

This is a game we play in my class...It's the funnest game in my class! Heres what you do you cut a pipe and fix a slide a boy will slide down if you cut the wrong number it will tell you to try again...as you keep going it gets harder. I got to the second level and it's kind of hard on the second level.