Copyright (c) 2014 by Kaitlyn-K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kaitlyn-K -- Blogmeister

My Last Class

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Kaitlyn-K

teacher: Terry Smith

These are my 4th grade memories.The first project we did this year was the monster project. I worked on the fingers and the finger rings. Something else that we did this year was a nice thing to do. We sent two cameras to Africa. We took some pictures of our school and us before we sent the two cameras. I think that they really liked the cameras we sent them. There is this game called Scratch and I like to play it. It is a program for kids to play. There are these links that you can click on and it shows people that you can click on for the picture but you need to pick a background and to do that you have to click on this link and it says indoors, nature, outdoors, and sports and you pick from one of those and you click it  and it will appear on your screen with your people you picked. That is scratch. I am sad because this is our last newspaper. I like to write stories in the newspaper. It is fun and it is really cool because you get to have a partner to help you with the newspaper. Now I am going to tell you about our class writing to our new Africa friends. The person I got to write to is Dorthy Nakabuye. She seems like a nice person. I just wrote to her on May 19th 2010. I dont want to leave school. I will miss everybody. I had a good school year. So bye 4th grade!!! And I will miss my teacher Mr. Smith and thankyou for teaching me new things. And I will miss all my friends but I hope there in my same class next year. So these were my 4th grade memories!!!

Article posted May 17, 2010 at 05:07 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 88

On may14 2010 my class went on a hike with a teacher called Mr. Humble from England. Some of the kids parents that went  were Marissa's mom, my mom, Hailey's mom, Abbie's dad, and Makay's dad. When we were walking up some stairs my group saw some mold. Makay's dad took a close up picture of the mold. He also took a close up picture of a mnm. The parents in my group were Makay's dad and my mom. There were 5 kids in our group and there names are Davion, Mariah, Makay, Anjanaya, and last but not least me!!!! My group saw a big long worm in the grass. Mr. Humble taught us how to measure a tree with a ruler but you need a partner to do it. We had to walk through water and i mean not just a little puddle of water but a river of water. But I had a good hike. When I got home on Friday my friend came to my house to play and she said" she had 3 ticks after the hike and I didn't check after the hike so after she told me I checked my self and i didn't see any and i forgot to to check my hair and at my sisters recitel on Saturday I felt a bump in my hair and I picked at it and when I pulled it out it was a ........... TICK!!!! So I pulled it out and through it down an my mom checked to see if  I had any more and.... she saw the red spot were it was. But I was ok. And that was my hike with Mr. HumblE! See you in my next story.

In my class we saw a video of  what could happen if you don't wear your seat belt. So me and my friends Marissa, and Abbie are going to do a video kinda like the video we saw. It will be a little bite different. We thought that the people who made it had a good idea to make it because it shows that if you don't wear your seat belt you could die or get hurt  VERY bad. I told my parents that they should wear there seat belt because they could get hurt .So I hope you like the video that me and my friends make to wear your seat belt. My video would be called Were Your Seat Belt.

At school we go to centers and one of are centers is literacy center and we got to make a town or city with are group. I had Hailey, Markeleous, and me {Kaitlyn}. We have another person in are group and his name is Davion but he had to do a test so he didn't get to do it. The name of it was called Fun City. We had so much fun making it.

This is my pet named Valery. She is pretty pink and she likes to eat her grasshopper.

Her favorite color is pink. I sometimes call her Val. She is like my baby snake.

One day I went to church with Marissa because she got to bring however many friends she wanted to bring to church 2 of her friends woudnt answer so she only got to bring 2 friends. The people she brong were Hailey H and me Kaitlyn K. We had so much fun=http://! I thank her for taking me. She is a good friend.

I have a friend named hailey and she is so nice and kind to me. We are really good friends because we knew each other since 1st grade and we are in 4th grade right now.She is my half cousin. We are good good good friends.

I went on a field trip with my class and we got to go see eagles for are field trip.It was so so cold there. It was in Clarksville. We got to have hot chocolate. It was so good and the chocolate in it tasted so good. It was so cool seeing eagles flying all around you in the air. We had so much fun and I did to because I got to sit by my friend Marissa on the bus. On the way there we played games with are hads like Miss Mary Mack. But we went in this place were we saw some eagles and their names were Mariah and Liberty. I wish it woulden't of been cold. They were by the river because other places ice is cold and they can't fish in the ice so they go were some of the ice is brocken anfd that is in Clarksville.Bye bye!!!

eagle

On January 22 we did a video conference with Califorina and we had a lot of fun because we played unknown number. It was so fun playing it because since we were doing a unknown game we got to wear masks so it would be a mystery.  When they got the question right we honked a horn. It was so nice of my friend Marissa to let me use her mask because I forgot to bring mine. the mask looked like this. We used skipe to do the video conference. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday my friend Marissa and I went sleding at the commnity pool hill. It was really fast going down the hill. We had so much fun. This little girl hit her head on the fence and the pole and she started to cry. Then the little girls dad went on a sled down the hill really really fast and he carryed her up the big hill. Me and Marissa went down the hill together and we went FAST!!! My dad was the one who took us and I really thank him for taking us.BYE=http://!!

Hi my name is Kaitlyn and my favorite food is pizza with ranch dressing on it and my favorite singer is Taylor Swift and the best song that she sings is Love Story and I love to do gymnastics and my favorite show is Wizards of Waverly Place and I love to read The Box Car Children an I have 1 sister and 1 brother.I love dogs and I have 3 dogs. I meet my friends Marissa and Hailey in 2 grade. I miss my friend gabby and she lives far away but I bet I will get to come see her soon. And thats my little blog all about me!!!!!!!!!!!!