Audrey's the name.-

We found out that cockroaches prefer dry environments rather than wet. we conducted an experiment where we put the cockroach between a dry and wet environment to see which it would choose. it chose dry.

Peace.

KNOW: I know cockroaches are pretty complex insects. They are usually dark brown or brown. Cockroaches have 6 legs. I know they have antenaes on their heads. I think thats all..

WANT TO KNOW: I want to know what other kinds of cockroaches there are other than the madagascar hissing cockroach that we are studying. I want to know if anybody uses these revolting insects as pets. ew. I want to know about the anatomy of cockroaches. I want to know about the reproduction of cockroaches. K. Well. Bye.

Are gross. Very gross. They scare me so bad. And are ugly. Here are some revolting facts: They are only native to Madagascar. Which is why Americans are disgusting for bringing them here...Baby Madagascar cockroaches are called nymphs. Their feet are sticky. They only live 2-3 years. I hate cockroaches.

Odyssey was a memorable experience.. no doubt about that. It wasn't my favorite week of 8th grade, but it was alright. Its better than doing math and history. I liked doing the hikes, they werent that bad. You got to talk to your friends the whole way through. It was fun, i was dissapointed we only got to go to the hot springs once though, even though it smelled like rotten eggs. I look forward to eventually being a counselor in high school.

if you would like to hear what our experment was all about.. then look at my previous blog about our experiment. this blog is JUST for our results. the snail that was in the white box, chose to move to the white paper with the food on it. interesting. not the snail in the black box really surprised me. it went to thr white paper.. weird!! There were no problems in our experiment, it went very smoothly. I claim that the snails are attracted to light. Even after they are living in dark places. This makes me want to know more about the snails eyes.

My group is Hollie M., and Olivia E. Our experiment studies how snails choice in color changes while living in different darknesses. To clarify, we will put snails in an all black box, and an all white box to live in. Then we will see what color they are attracted to when let out. Yeah. That's our idea. #YOLO.

snails look gross.

snails leave gross slime everywhere.

snails hate salt.

salt kills snails.

snails have shells.

snails are often brown.

snails have one foot.

i hate snails.

Article posted April 17, 2012 at 05:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

The last few weeks Olivia, Hollie and I conducted an experiment on how Rye grass grows when watered with cold water, hot water, sugar water and salt water. Our prediction to start off this experiment was that the hot and cold water would continue growth like normal, maybe the hot would grow a bit slower. We expected the salt to not grow at all. We thought that because the plant is a land plant, not living by the sea where salt water is present, therefore it would die. The sugar we expected for the rye grass to grow more than usual, because of added nutrients for the plant. This experiment was our back up plan, because of problems gathering materials for our algae experiment. Now, for our results. The hot and cold water grasses grew normally. Very consistently. The salt and sugar water, didnt grow. At all, throughout our whole experiment! We concluded that temperature does not affect the growth of the rye grass, and that because of osmic pressure in the plant, and in the sugared water, it stunted the growth of the grass. the salt waters sodium took out the plants nutrients, and the bi carbonate messes with the plants ability to use photsynthesis. Causing the plant to die!

Resources:

"Ryegrass." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 04 Oct. 2012. Web. 23 Apr. 2012. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryegrass>.

Resources:

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 05:12 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 43

My lunch consisted of water, a sourdough sandwich with chicken and lettuce. Carrot sticks, and potato chips.

Our food traveled from a variety of places, it all traveled 2,098.1 miles to get to my plate. Thats 7762.97 pounds of CO2 that wasput into the atmosphere. Thats equivelent to an elephant!!!!

This is henry and my baby. Ain't she beautiful!!?:)