VanessaRenee(:-

we tryed to see if the two snails would pick live or die and one picked to die and the othere picked to live so we leaned that if they see some thing first they will go to he thng he r sees and they will not pay any focas to the othere thing

We did are expirement on whether the snail would prefer hand lotion over hand sanitizer and are snail preferred hand lotion over hand sanitizer 3 out of 4.

We would have to say that the snails crawled fastest on the tabletop surface although we dont have any evidence to back it up bacause our snail Gary is a complete FAILURE!!!! and of what he did move he seemed to move fastest on and easiest on the tabletop. Our inaccuracies were that our snail didnt move very well. our snail really liked the rice krispy cereal, that is what we used to try and motivate him. the surfaces that we tested on was the table top cardboard and paper towels.

The snails exposur to light does not make a difference to what color it goes to.

We claimed that our snail would slide best on the table.

We have no evidence because the snail wouldn't crawl anywhere because he's a failure BUT when he DID move he seemed to be moving better on the table. Once again we cannot back up this claim though because he did not move very much. Inaccuracies was because he didn't move. Our experiment failed. But we did learn that snails will eat rice crispy cereal.

The snail had food at the exit of the house at all times, but only found the way out 1 out of 3 times. :(

Our hypothesis was that the snail is going to choose soil over grass because they like wet climate which snails usually come out when it is raining. Soil hold water better than grass!

For our experiment conclusion the snails ended up choosing the grass 2 out of 5 times and went to the soil 3 out of 5 times. So the snail prefer soil more than grass. We don't really know the real reason why snail would choose soil over grass because snail need food to survive. We think that maybe snail would feel like it's natural habitat because when they travel towards food they would be traveling on soil rather than grass.Our inaccuracy in this experiment is that we used different snails. The first day of our experiment we used a different snail which I chose to go towards the grass 2 times and then the next day we took another snail and it went toward the soil 3 times. So my thought is that maybe it really depends on the snails on whether or not they would prefer soil or grass.

This week my class has been doing snail experiments (see previous blog 'Snail Experiments'). My conclusion for that experiment was that extended exposure to light (or lack of) does not affect the snails preference over lighter or darker colors. I think this because when we tested the snails, after being exposed to constant light for 20 minutes they chose light colored paper, plus after being in total darkness for 20 minutes, they still chose the lighter colored paper. An inaccuracy that may have happened is that the blacked out box that we put the snails in may have not been completely black and there may have been a few spots where light was able to get through.   

In our experiment, we put a snail in a box with 4 foods around it at an equal distance away. The foods were onion, ham, broccoli and a grape. we did four trials. the snail went for the grape once, broccoli once, and ham twice. So we've concluded that the snail prefers the meat. Our evidence is that the snail went to the meat 2 out of 4 times. We think the snail chose the meat because it smelled the strongest, besidesthe onion, which the snail avoided so we think it dosent like onion. One inaccuracy we might have had was the direction we placed the snail in at first might have influenced his choice.

Our question was will the snails go to slow or fast music? Our solution was the snails decided to move to fast music. at first it looked like they didnt know where to go, but they made there way to the fast music eventually. Our evedince was our data table that we recorded they went to the fast music 4 out of 5 times. Our data supports our evidence because it tells they did actually go to the fast music. Our errors were one snail wouldnt come out of his/her shell but overall it went pretty well 3-4 of our prediction were right one was wrong.

I did an experiment to see what food snails prefer. Peanut butter, or cheese. I thought that the snails would prefer the peanut butter over the cheese. On the first day, both of our snails chose the peanut butter over the cheese. We had a box with a divider for each snail. On each side we put a slice of cheese and a glob of peanut butter. They both went towards the cheese the turned around and ate the peanut butter. On day two, the snails also preferred the peanut butter, they went straight towards it. On day three, the last day we collected evidence, snail 1 ate some cheese but left and ate peanut butter, our other snail, snail 2 ate only peanut butter. This shows that overall, the snails prefer peanut butter over the cheese. We did have some inaccuracies, the peanut butter that we used was 2 months expired, but, hey, I didn't know.. We did use the same snails every time. At first, we used grass as bedding for the snails, but they ate that, so we had to take that out. In conclusion, snails like peanut butter WAY better than cheese.

if you would like to hear what our experment was all about.. then look at my previous blog about our experiment. this blog is JUST for our results. the snail that was in the white box, chose to move to the white paper with the food on it. interesting. not the snail in the black box really surprised me. it went to thr white paper.. weird!! There were no problems in our experiment, it went very smoothly. I claim that the snails are attracted to light. Even after they are living in dark places. This makes me want to know more about the snails eyes.

my team did an experiment on which color a snail would go to if they had the choice. so we set up a box with orange, green, blue, and yellow colored paper. we covered the middle with white out in a circle, and we put the snail in the circle to see which color the snail went to. he/she didn't go to orange, went to blue twice, green once, and yellow twice. Snails.

Snails like soft fleshy fruits and softer veggies but they dont like hard to eat foods like carrots. This is mostly because they are veggies that they cannot access due to them being underground. My evidence is that when put into food choosing trials the snails went for the fleshier foods like strawberrys or soft veggies like lettuce in trials of these sorts they almost ALWAYS chose lettuce or strawberrys. Because of this we reason that if you plant theses kind of food you are almost certain to attract snails. Which is good you think their cute but bad if you don't want half eaten lettuce.

Our inaacuracy is that we didn't really have much time to experiment, we tried to give the snails a natural environment and they ended up eating the grass in the tub, and I don't feel like I thought through our experiment enough.

Our question was are is snails will go to the slow or fast music.( unless they can't hear than never mind.) I thought they would be more attracted to the fast music. It turns out they like the fast music better. At first I don't think they knew what to do but then they went to the fast music 4 out of 5 times! We used various songs for both slow and fast but they still went to fast songs. We know they didn't just like one certain song cuz we used various songs. They were trying to escape a lot!

We had 5 trials and the snail chose yellow, blue, blue, green and yellow. It is in order. Maybe the snail just eats every paper with any color.