05/29/12
Snails!!!! 05/01/12
colored grass!! 05/01/12
Genetics 03/01/12
bacteria by james 02/06/12
Biomes! 09/30/11
7 Random Facts 09/29/11
Glog 05/21/10
force 05/05/10
answeres to our science questions 04/23/10

Click here to see my wiki =http://=http://!!

When our class whent down to the Grange we had to pick up all of the weeds that the other classes pulled from the ground. It was kind of fun because we got to make everything look nicer down by the creek.

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 05:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

The first type of volcano I learned about was composite volcano. Are typically tens of miles across, and tens of thousand feet of height. The next volcano I learned about is the cinder cone volcano. The cinder cone volcano mainly consists almost entirely of loose grainy cinders and almost no lava. Another volcano I learned about was the shield volcano. The shield volcano is type of volcano that can be hundreds of miles across and many tens of thousands of feet high. This volcano is mainly found in Hawaii. The next volcano I learned about is the caldera Volcano. Calderas, which are simply circular depressions that are found in summits of many volcanos. The last volcano I learned about is the fissure volcano. Fissure Volcanos make large cracks in the ground instead of a giant crater like most volcanos.

I also learned about different lava types. The first lava type I learned about is low water/low silica. Low water/low silica is lava that is very thin and runny lava. The next lava I learned about is low water/high silica. One of the most important factors is composition espescially the amount of silica melted in lava results in a thick lava. Another lava type I learned about is high water/low silica. This type of lava (high water/low silica) produces a spectacular “fire fountain” directly over the vent usually resulting in a cinder cone any remaining lava quietly flows away. The last type of lava is high water/high silica. This type of lava causes explosions eruptions at volcanos like Vesuvius and Mt St Helens.

Water Pollution   

Water Pollution affects all life living around. It can kill the fish and other life in the water, it can contaminate plants, and limit the water supply for communities. Water pollution is either garbage or natural chemicals or substances that get into the water and make it undrinkable and unable to support

life.

How does Water Become Polluted?

Some sources of water pollution are litter, oil spills,

Factory waste, city sewage waste, ect. You can improve the state of a polluted body of water by picking up garbage, trying to fix the source of it, and cleaning out clearly contaminated water by removing it. To prevent water pollution you can recycle, educate others about prevention, and

Contain harmful liquids like oil. 

What are Nitrates?

Nitrate is a natural compound present in all ecosystems, It is essential to plant life but too much can be a problem for plants and animals.

For people, drinking too much nitrate can result in oxygen restriction in the bloodstream. Kids under 2 months cannot have enough enzyme to correct the condition. The max drinking level of nitrate is 10mg

Point and non-point Sources of pollution

A point source of pollution would be something like a

Sewage pipe flowing into a river or something else obvious and easy to fix. A  non-point source is less obvious. Like pollutants carried by runoff from a farm field, street, or construction site. Acid rain can also be a non point source. Pollution is absorbed into clouds and then is dumped into water with the rain.

How can we Reduce AND Prevent Nitrate

You can reduce nitrate levels by reducing the amount of fertilizer applied to fields and lawns . Tile drainage systems could be places deeper in the ground thereby reducing the chance of nitrate pollution. Fencing keeps livestock from flattening the vegetation around the cater courses of contaminating the water. When there are high nitrate levels in your water you should first, not drink it or use it. The less that gets in your house or your body the better. Second, warn others in your house or neighborhood about the problem so they don’t get sick and can help fix it. Last, you should try to find the source of the pollution like a leaking pipe or another source. If you can’t fix it yourself find others to help.

Conclusion 

Water is one of the most important parts of our world. All animals and humans rely on it to live in or survive. You should care for it by not polluting and trying to keep our water clean.    

Article posted October 20, 2009 at 03:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

I liked playing with my friends at cispus. The food was ok but I missed my moms cooking. It was fun being outdoors and seeing the scenery. The challenge course was fun and I also enjoyed skit night.

Article posted October 20, 2009 at 03:49 AM GMT • comment • Reads 57

1) I like Pizza

2) I have a dog

3) I watch a lot of tv

4) I have no siblings

5) I like Fishing

6) I play Video games

7) I like Sports

Article posted October 20, 2009 at 03:49 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 57

1) I like Pizza

2) I have a dog

3) I watch a lot of tv

4) I have no siblings

5) I like Fishing

6) I play Video games

7) I like Sports

All Entries       All Titles Next Entries