Conditions of Use
Cool amazing facts about Volcanoes and Lava
Three types of volcanoes are:
1. Composite volcanoes which are, ten thousand ore more feet high. They are considered a Hollywood type of volcano, they are also the large size of ten miles across.
2. A Cinder Cone volcano, they are pretty small volcanoes. The amount of lava is close to none, this volcano also has very grainy cinders.
3. A Shield volcano, they are mostly found in different parts of Hawaii. It is a very wide volcano and is also thousands of feet high. The kind of the Shield volcano has the biggest volcano in the world.
Three kinds of lava are:
1. The Low Water/Low Silica lava is mostly a pretty runny lava type, so technically it has a lot of viscosity. It is not runny like water but more realistically like hot honey or hot wax.
2. The High water/High silica because of its dissolved gasses and its high velocity is deadly. As the lava ooze's to the surface, the gasses quickly become bubbles.
3. High water/low silica lava shows behavior's that are similar to our analogies of blowing bubbles in water or a milk shake. If an erupting volcano has low velocity (like water) it flows out of the central surface.
Hope you enjoyed!!
Article posted November 3, 2009 at 10:29 PM •
comment (1) • Reads 1964
see all articles